So how exactly did Johnson survive?

How exactly did Johnson survive the PoA’s reactors going critical, and destroying Installation 04 (Alpha Halo)?

He made it out on a Pelican with with a small group of marines. John eventually found him in his longsword and they essentially rode off into the sunset together :smiley:

> 2533274803493024;2:
> He made it out on a Pelican with with a small group of marines. John eventually found him in his longsword and they essentially rode off into the sunset together :smiley:

This…also known as plot magic based on the positive reaction the character had.

The joke cutscene at the end of H:CE is non-canon. Johnson was apart of the ORION Program, which was the UNSC’s first attempt at creating super soldiers, before they tried again a couple decades later with the SPARTAN-IIs. The experimental and unrefined augmentation procedures radically altered Johnson’s nervous system to the point where the Flood couldn’t properly take control of his body. Given that advantage, he simply just fought his way out and flew off of the ring.

In tandem with what those above me have said, Sgt. Johnson’s escape from Installation 04 and subsequent reunion with the Chief is all expanded upon in the book ‘First Strike’. I highly recommend checking it out.

> 2533274920039666;5:
> In tandem with what those above me have said, Sgt. Johnson’s escape from Installation 04 and subsequent reunion with the Chief is all expanded upon in the book ‘First Strike’. I highly recommend checking it out.

Too bad it doesn’t mention Dustin Echoes. Still a mystery.

> 2533274812371483;4:
> The joke cutscene at the end of H:CE is non-canon. Johnson was apart of the ORION Program, which was the UNSC’s first attempt at creating super soldiers, before they tried again a couple decades later with the SPARTAN-IIs. The experimental and unrefined augmentation procedures radically altered Johnson’s nervous system to the point where the Flood couldn’t properly take control of his body. Given that advantage, he simply just fought his way out and flew off of the ring.

If thats true, ONI or the UNSCDF should have really invested into implementing that into every solider. Plus that means that the humans are more technologically powerful; then the Forerunners because not even they could figure out a way to stop the Flood from spreading. Besides the Halo Installations of course. But a way to do it without destroying everything on a galactic scale.

> 2533274862087277;7:
> > 2533274812371483;4:
> > The joke cutscene at the end of H:CE is non-canon. Johnson was apart of the ORION Program, which was the UNSC’s first attempt at creating super soldiers, before they tried again a couple decades later with the SPARTAN-IIs. The experimental and unrefined augmentation procedures radically altered Johnson’s nervous system to the point where the Flood couldn’t properly take control of his body. Given that advantage, he simply just fought his way out and flew off of the ring.
>
>
> If thats true, ONI or the UNSCDF should have really invested into implementing that into every solider. Plus that means that the humans are more technologically powerful; then the Forerunners because not even they could figure out a way to stop the Flood from spreading. Besides the Halo Installations of course. But a way to do it without destroying everything on a galactic scale.

At the end of First Strike, Chief had the option to provide the UNSC with the relevant data, but for them to make use of said data, Johnson would have to be sacrificed so that ONI and the UNSC could find out what made him special. Chief, being Chief, didn’t want this to happen, and proceeded to destroy previously mentioned data and instead handed over somewhat less true info provided to him by Dr. Halsey. At least that’s what I remember happened.

Read first strike and find out.

> 2535437652903765;8:
> > 2533274862087277;7:
> > > 2533274812371483;4:
> > > The joke cutscene at the end of H:CE is non-canon. Johnson was apart of the ORION Program, which was the UNSC’s first attempt at creating super soldiers, before they tried again a couple decades later with the SPARTAN-IIs. The experimental and unrefined augmentation procedures radically altered Johnson’s nervous system to the point where the Flood couldn’t properly take control of his body. Given that advantage, he simply just fought his way out and flew off of the ring.
> >
> >
> > If thats true, ONI or the UNSCDF should have really invested into implementing that into every solider. Plus that means that the humans are more technologically powerful; then the Forerunners because not even they could figure out a way to stop the Flood from spreading. Besides the Halo Installations of course. But a way to do it without destroying everything on a galactic scale.
>
>
> At the end of First Strike, Chief had the option to provide the UNSC with the relevant data, but for them to make use of said data, Johnson would have to be sacrificed so that ONI and the UNSC could find out what made him special. Chief, being Chief, didn’t want this to happen, and proceeded to destroy previously mentioned data and instead handed over somewhat less true info provided to him by Dr. Halsey. At least that’s what I remember happened.

pretty much sums it up right

He has some kind of terminal illness, I forget which one exactly, and it makes him an unsuitable host for the flood, so they do not infect him. If you read the Halo graphic novel I think its called, its a collection of short comic stories, there’s one of Avery escaping.

> 2533274968231926;11:
> He has some kind of terminal illness, I forget which one exactly, and it makes him an unsuitable host for the flood, so they do not infect him. If you read the Halo graphic novel I think its called, its a collection of short comic stories, there’s one of Avery escaping.

Johnson was part of Project: ORION, also known as Spartan-I. The procedures didn’t work out so well, and left his neural network incapable of being properly infected by the Flood. This was covered up as Boren’s Syndrome, a disease that would apparently be caused by long-term exposure to certain radiation.

> 2533274920039666;5:
> In tandem with what those above me have said, Sgt. Johnson’s escape from Installation 04 and subsequent reunion with the Chief is all expanded upon in the book ‘First Strike’. I highly recommend checking it out.

what this dude said! Great book!

Johnson found a pelican and they stayed on a near by moon, then he found chief and went to Earth

> 2535417324918051;14:
> Johnson found a pelican and they stayed on a near by moon, then he found chief and went to Earth

That’s a bit over-simplifying it, lol. Obviously more happened than that.

Also, just a heads up, it is against the rules to necro-bump threads.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks