So... how do you feel about 40m radar?

Halo has traditionally always had 25m radar but the new Infinity gametypes have 40m radar. Good? Bad? Discuss.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

even more nooby now and made for the casual’s.

Not sure. I still can see action with the idea of a larger radar. More information =/= stalemate, but at the same time, how calculated does every move become?

How do we sneak up on someone without crouching around the map? So many things to think about…

Have NP with it.

And I also think they where aiming more on BTB then regular 4v4 Slayer.

It doesn’t make too much difference either way, but I guess it was enhanced to make up for the larger map sizes (in turn due to Sprint being in the game).

It’s really not a big deal

> Halo has traditionally always had 25m radar but the new Infinity gametypes have 40m radar. Good? Bad? Discuss.

All the maps got stretched out to accommodate sprint since people apparently dont like to move and shoot at the same time.

The radar is basically the same it always has been, just proportioned differently for the turd side effects of COD popularized gameplay mechanics in Halo.

30m would sound reasonable such to accommodate for sprint. But 40? Maybe radar range is so large such to minimise the effectiveness of Promethean vision or maybe 343 made the decision based upon the fallacy that increased radar range speeds up gameplay. But regardless of the reasons, I don’t think it is a good change.

It reduces the need for teamwork, it acts as a massive crutch for less aware players, it creates stalemates, it effectively weakens the Automatic primary weapons effectiveness.

I think 4v4 maps in particular would benefit from radar range being reduced.

Its horrible! Now when I see someone coming, they will see me on their radar and my attempts at camping will be all for not.

I dont like Radar period =)

Not a fan. I think it’s probably due to several other factors (particularly the tells for PV and Camo), but instead of properly balancing them it just compounds further issues.