So....how about those well designed maps, guys?

Seeing as tough the overall prize pool for the whole HCS is 2.5 million US dollars, I can’t help but feel like that money could have actually gone to helping the community, like say funding the production of more maps, building a better interface and maybe putting quality content out at a quicker rate…but that’s none of my business as a gamer seeing as though some pro can team can just pull some 360 no scopes for about a couple hours on an Xbox live event that many claimed they could not access initially. Sorry if I am coming off as salty, just keep in mind my intentions are only to constructively criticise how the franchise can be handled better.

-good luck and godspeed.

Preaching to the choir
My sentiments exactly

Competitive players are part of th community just as much as you are. the reason they get this event to them is cuz they spend so many hours practicing and they represent the competitive side of halo. Can’t just ignore them, it’s not like they’ve never done community forge dvdnts or art or whatever else for other groups.

also, 343 definately has the funds to do what you’re wanting, that 2.5 million means nothing.

A) Its not like all the money from REQs go only to HCS. In fact its probably a very small percentage.

B) The competitive players advertise the game, put blood and sweat into the game, and they are rewarded as such. The best thing about video games is that most anyone can play them. Certainly more than can play football or basketball or any other professional sport. Its important to emphasize the competitive aspect that Halo has returned to.

An increase in 2,5 million of dev money isnt going to correlate into amazingly better maps or more content or what not. If you dont like 343 maps, 2.5million more dollars wont change that. Neither will the fact that, every month, we are going to get new REQs AND a new map or a new playlist or something else. Its how its been for the last 4 months, even with a consistent stream of REQ money funding their system. It makes no sense to suddenly think otherwise.

I actually like H5’s map selection, as a whole… I just don’t like getting the handful of maps I don’t like as much, 80% of the time in MM.

Bring on more maps 343! …and adjust the rotation while you’re at it! Shift some weapons around on a couple maps here and there as well… cough Regret! cough

I was under the impression that besides the HCS prize pool, most of the REQ revenue does go to further support content development, like the DLC that has come for the most part rather frequently (besides the fact that some of these updates probably should have come at launch). And the $2.5 million is a small fraction I’m sure, going to players that not only represent a part of the community, but market the game as well.

I wouldn’t be too sawty about it. What I will be interested in is after June, which is supposed to be when the free content ends, if there will be more content released and what kind of a price tag will come with it, as there will undoubtedly be more REQ purchases long after June.

And as for the “well designed maps”, these are scarce in Halo 5; 343 should have had Certain Affinity do the MP maps. At least DOOM will be good… not that Halo isn’t, but the maps IMO are weak.

> 2533274848599184;4:
> A) Its not like all the money from REQs go only to HCS. In fact its probably a very small percentage.
>
> B) The competitive players advertise the game, put blood and sweat into the game, and they are rewarded as such. The best thing about video games is that most anyone can play them. Certainly more than can play football or basketball or any other professional sport. Its important to emphasize the competitive aspect that Halo has returned to.
>
> An increase in 2,5 million of dev money isnt going to correlate into amazingly better maps or more content or what not. If you dont like 343 maps, 2.5million more dollars wont change that. Neither will the fact that, every month, we are going to get new REQs AND a new map or a new playlist or something else. Its how its been for the last 4 months, even with a consistent stream of REQ money funding their system. It makes no sense to suddenly think otherwise.

Well said. Also, HWC is, in itself, a giant marketing campaign. Aside from bringing Halo back into legitimacy of competitive games, just having the tournament is a way to advertise the game…both for the current Halo 5 game and for Halo 6. $2.5million for a several month-long ad campaign is money well spent, IMO.

I don’t really mind the big prize pool, but I do mind the crappy maps. As I play this game more, I notice little things that just seem lazy too.

I don’t know who was in charge of the maps for H5, but they were not trying very hard…

> 2533274797328974;7:
> And as for the “well designed maps”, these are scarce in Halo 5; 343 should have had Certain Affinity do the MP maps. At least DOOM will be good.

exactly, outsourcing wouldn’t have been a problem. Saber interactive has some good maps for Halo online. very reminiscent to Bungie’s style of maps.
two bases, small to medium map size.

Nope theyre investing the money in a competition so that more people play Halo 5 so they can get more money