So, how about those Micro-Transactions?

For those who haven’t heard, 343i mentioned a while back that they were considering the possibility of adding micro-transactions to Halo 4; which I assume means paying small ammounts of MS Points for in-game content like armor, weapon skins, emblems, and stances; rather than having to grind through commendations and levels.

Also (if we’re lucky) it could mean some brand-new armor DLC, like those classic armors that were left out of Halo 4 (Mark V, CQB, ODST, etc.).

I would actually support this either way. I’m wondering why 343i hasn’t gone ahead with this idea yet; if Armor DLC is a possibility in Halo 4 where it wasn’t in Halo:Reach and Halo 3, then you bet your a** I would pay to get my CQB armor back.

Even if it’s just the content that’s already in-game, there’s still a few things I would pay for; I want to get my hands on some of the more difficult armors, armor skins, and stances; specifically the Commando armor (Dominion Victory - Master), the Scout APEX armor skin (Oddball Victory - Master), the Kingslayer emblem (Regicide Mastery), and the Breach stance (UNSC Ordnance Mastery).

A lot of these commendation are a real pain in the a**, and honestly, I’m willing to part with 160-240 MS points apiece if it just means I can get this stuff the easy way.

No thanks.

I´m not willing to spend any money on this kind of thing. Actually I´m against all of this ¨micro transactions¨ actually. I see it as another way for companies to keep draining money from the consumer.

Leave micro-transactions out of Halo. They do not belong.

We have games like TF2, and the upcoming Destiny to be saving our money for.

No.

It should be on the game to unlock, micro transactions are a cheap way of getting money especially if it’s already on the game(coughTF2cough)

Note- I’m saying this because I hate micro transactions

> No thanks.
>
> I´m not willing to spend any money on this kind of thing. Actually I´m against all of this ¨micro transactions¨ actually. I see it as another way for companies to keep draining money from the consumer.

It really sucks in Mass Effect 3, I tell you that, what with the random unlock system in multiplayer. I can sped real money in that game and not even get what I wanted.

But for Halo 4? I wouldn’t mind (so long as it’s not random). I’m never gonna be able to get the Kingslayer emblem, otherwise. The Executioner commendation advances at a snails pace, even for one who constantly play Regicide like me; Executions tend to come along at random, if you’re lucky. Scout APEX? That one could also drag on, since they removed the Oddball playlist (too bad Grifball victories don’t count).

> No.
>
> It should be on the game to unlock, micro transactions are a cheap way of getting money especially if it’s already on the game(coughTF2cough)
>
> Note- I’m saying this because I hate micro transactions

But a lot of the newer items on TF2 are community created. :o THAT makes sense to pay for, but not already in-game skins.

Then- I finally unlocked all the secret armours and skins!
Now- I finally paid for all the armours and skins!

I am All for Micro-transactions until they become either what EA Did in Mass Effect 3 or the weapon camo thing in Gears of War 3 or until they become what is Common in “Free 2 Play” Games. Since we already have many Developers using Online passes to squeeze out a bit more money from used games. It may eventually come to it, where you can “Play” for free, but if you want the Best Armors, and Best Weapon Skins, or the get to the Highest Level, you need to Shell out 3 Dollars for each.

Now sure, I wouldn’t mind using the Left over Microsoft points from a Large Purchase to get a new Camo or Weapon Skin, or some new Armor. As long as their might be a way to Unlock it without buying it. Such as someone else in this Thread Mentioned, let people buy the Hard to get Things, but still let the People who want to Earn it, Earn it.

Tl;DR: I support Micro-Transactions, It is a good way for some Companies to get a Little More Profit to work on other Projects, as long as it doesn’t turn into some Money Grubbing scam like EA likes to do all the time.

> No thanks.
>
> I´m not willing to spend any money on this kind of thing. Actually I´m against all of this ¨micro transactions¨ actually. I see it as another way for companies to keep draining money from the consumer.

Exactly.

Nope, totally against micro transactions. All of us against Micro tranasactions are probably howling into the wind though sadly. :confused:

> Nope, totally against micro transactions. All of us against Micro tranasactions are probably howling into the wind though sadly. :confused:

“Sadly”? How exactly does it hurt you if they add Micro-Transactions? All it would do is allow players an alternative to unlocking some of the more rare armor, emblems, and skins.

If you don’t want to pay for it, you wouldn’t have to; you could still grind to unlock those things, if you’d rather not spend any money. And those who are willing to pay for it would be able to.

Nah. Skins and all that should be given away for free.

> Nah. Skins and all that should be given away for free.

sigh You know, two bucks for an armor skin or an emblem isn’t that much to ask. Especially if it’s very difficult to unlock through normal means.

> > Nah. Skins and all that should be given away for free.
>
> sigh You know, two bucks for an armor skin or an emblem isn’t that much to ask. Especially if it’s very difficult to unlock through normal means.

Yes it is. Why would you spend money on something that adds nothing to the game? It’s just visual flair.

If you dont want microtransactions, dont buy anything. Who are you to care?

They never said MT’s for H4 They said [MAYBE] for upcoming Halo titles…

> > No.
> >
> > It should be on the game to unlock, micro transactions are a cheap way of getting money especially if it’s already on the game(coughTF2cough)
> >
> > Note- I’m saying this because I hate micro transactions
>
> But a lot of the newer items on TF2 are community created. :o THAT makes sense to pay for, but not already in-game skins.

If they are community created I don’t see the need to charge for it, I don’t see them making us pay for garrys mod material, skyrim mods, etc. It’s unnecessary to pay for

Ya’ll are saying you don’t want micro transactions and such, but I know that on day one you’s will be the the 1st ones to get some new weapons skins and such.

YOU pay for them. I hardly think that 343i is FORCING you to buy the what, 80 to 240 microsoft point content. They’re luxury items, don’t buy em if you don’t want em.
What harm can they possibly do? Seriously.

If you’s don’t remember, making video games is a… what do you call that thing… a business? Yeah, that’s right, it’s a business for people to make money. What do you think their services are completely free? If you want the additional content, then buy it, if it’s a sin for you to buy something that’s no less then 5 dollars, so be it.
Just be glad there ain’t no online pass like battlefield 3 and stuff, and be glad they ain’t forcing you’s to buy anything.
End of discussion, seriously. There should be no argument behind this topic. -_-

> Nah. Skins and all that should be given away for free.

No, somebody took the time to do that coding and stuff. It’s EXTRA content.

microtransactions for extra stuff, added skins or items, or preorders you wouldn’t normally be able to unlock, im all for

microtransactions which unlock armour and skins ingame, which you would have to play to unlock, im against, its a way of paying for things players would otherwise want legit, im against