So, halo 5, failure or masterpiece?

I personally enjoyed this game for what it is, but I hated the micro transaction system for req packs, and the story wasn’t exactly good either, but the multiplayer and game modes were fantastic. What do you all think?

I think it doesn’t have to be one or the other. As with most things, it falls somewhere in between.

By all means, Halo 5 wasn’t perfect, even now. But in my eyes, it got better through content updates. Not quite like fine wine getting better with age, but you get the idea.

Neither. At launch it was not a failure, it was a bad but enjoyable game. Now it’s a good to great game imo.

I’d say neither. It’s just a middle of the pack Halo game that only really stands out from the rest with WZ, the REQ system and Forge.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> I think it doesn’t have to be one or the other. As with most things, it falls somewhere in between.

Exactly, one word I’d describe this game would be special

I really didnt like the campaign. Lock was a forced unnecessary character and the story wasn’t anything like it was advertised.

Somewhere in the middle.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> I think it doesn’t have to be one or the other. As with most things, it falls somewhere in between.

Agree, Halo 5 isn’t bad at all but it has flaws that can hinder it’s potential.

I wouldn’t call it a failure but it isn’t a master piece either.

Oof as the campaign ,a failure for sure, forge supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and multiplayer was a mixed bag either you liked it or you hated it I would prefer classic halo but modern halo infection is the most addicting video game I’ve ever played I cant stop playing lol and the launch was a huge failure but the “free dlc” made up for it i guess lol

Not a masterpiece but its my favorite Halo to play multiplayer. The people dissing it makes no sense to me. It takes more skill to play this game over the other Halos, probably the reason why most people don’t like it. This Halo has more options of taking people out, instead of just walking in circles and bumper jumping till you kill, now you have ground pounds for quick vertical kills, Spartan charges for kills around the corner, evading using the sprint that was previously in Halo 4 but having the shields not regenerate till you stop and the new Spartan dashes to dodge or use it as an advantage like pulling the enemies reticle off you.

Just my 2 cents. Not sure if wall running can be a thing but it seems like it could in the Halo universe. Team Osiris used it in the mission when they were hunting Blue Team. Having all these options just makes a game better imo. For something like Halo, it should have all these options.

If Arbiter is a main character like he was in H2 and 3 then the next game (Halo 6) is going to be epic, they already said they were going back to the original art style, I’m expecting it to be Halo CE, 2, and 3’s art style, hopefully.

Definitely not a masterpiece, but I wouldn’t call it a failure either. As of right now, it’s a pretty decent game to play and have a bit of fun. I still hate the story, but it had a few redeeming moments as well.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> But in my eyes, it got better through content updates.

> 2535415472426404;11:
> and the launch was a huge failure but the “free dlc” made up for it i guess lol

We shouldn’t really be praising them for releasing an unfinished game and completing it gradually over the following months. Saying 343 deserves praise for those “content updates” being free is kind of like saying the chef who makes your food at a restaurant deserves praise for not putting flies in your soup. Of course we expect chefs to not put flies in our soup, and in the same way, of course those content updates should have been free, because that stuff should have been in the base game to begin with. Don’t forget how lacking it was at launch; we didn’t even have post-game carnage reports back then. Next time they need to make sure their Halo game is complete at launch, and doing otherwise shouldn’t be touted as a positive thing.

> 2533275028985051;12:
> The people dissing it makes no sense to me.

Actually, people’s reasons for “dissing” Halo 5 (otherwise known as offering constructive criticism) are easy to understand. I could spend some time explaining why the req system is intrusive, if you’d like.

The campaign’s plot sucked, but IMO that’s really the only big thing I disliked about Halo 5. Multiplayer-wise, it’s my favorite Halo.

It’s no masterpiece, but I’d put it closer to that end of the spectrum than call it anything near a failure.

> 2533274904158628;14:
> > 2535429593088083;3:
> > But in my eyes, it got better through content updates.
>
>
>
> > 2535415472426404;11:
> > and the launch was a huge failure but the “free dlc” made up for it i guess lol
>
> We shouldn’t really be praising them for releasing an unfinished game and completing it gradually over the following months. Saying 343 deserves praise for those “content updates” being free is kind of like saying the chef who makes your food at a restaurant deserves praise for not putting flies in your soup. Of course we expect chefs to not put flies in our soup, and in the same way, of course those content updates should have been free, because that stuff should have been in the base game to begin with. Don’t forget how lacking it was at launch; we didn’t even have post-game carnage reports back then. Next time they need to make sure their Halo game is complete at launch, and doing otherwise shouldn’t be touted as a positive thing.
>
>
> > 2533275028985051;12:
> > The people dissing it makes no sense to me.
>
> Actually, people’s reasons for “dissing” Halo 5 (otherwise known as offering constructive criticism) are easy to understand. I could spend some time explaining why the req system is intrusive, if you’d like.

I meant it sarcastically. I do nothing of praising 343 for halo 5s launch. I could go on a huge rant about it but I’d probably get a ban from the monitors for it. The free dlc thing is completely outrageous btw.

It made money, didn’t it?

> 2533274861847201;1:
> I personally enjoyed this game for what it is, but I hated the micro transaction system for req packs, and the story wasn’t exactly good either, but the multiplayer and game modes were fantastic. What do you all think?

No way in heck a master piece but there is no way it is trash I would say in between as the campaign was bad but warzone was really fun or at least if you had good reqs and arena was fun and we can’t forget about some of the custom games and forge

Its a good game,but not an masterpiece.

It does some stuffs good and other really bad. I’ll rate it a 8/10
It didn’t sell well as the previous Halo, but it managed with the microtransaction to be more profitable than all the other Halo games