So Halo 4 has the concussion rifle.

Concussion Rifle

If you look closely to the top right you can see the concussion rifle icon.What are your thoughts on this returning?

I think this is turning into Reach 2.0.

I kid. I think it’s awesome, although I would have preferred the brute shot.

Here is a quick reference I threw together while talking about this same thing over on Halo Council.

Because there arent enough close range explosive weapons already…

> Here is a quick reference I threw together while talking about this same thing over on Halo Council.

So it basically looks the same?

> Because there arent enough close range explosive weapons already…

The Sticky Detonator and Railgun are the only two I can think of. All 3 of them fill their own unique roll anyway.

> > Here is a quick reference I threw together while talking about this same thing over on Halo Council.
>
> So it basically looks the same?

Why would they need to alter the design? Covenant weapons typically keep a similar profile between games.

Except for the Beam Rifle, that one is totally different. At least in first person.

Eh it’s good, I want the plasma launcer back too though.

> > > Here is a quick reference I threw together while talking about this same thing over on Halo Council.
> >
> > So it basically looks the same?
>
> Why would they need to alter the design? Covenant weapons typically keep a similar profile between games.
>
> Except for the Beam Rifle, that one is totally different. At least in first person.

Hm…good point.

> > Because there arent enough close range explosive weapons already…
>
> The Sticky Detonator and Railgun are the only two I can think of. All 3 of them fill their own unique roll anyway.

the point is they will all be spammed EVERY SINGLE CHANCE THEY GET. im already pissed at the railgun thing…and i havent even played the game…

> > > Because there arent enough close range explosive weapons already…
> >
> > The Sticky Detonator and Railgun are the only two I can think of. All 3 of them fill their own unique roll anyway.
>
> the point is they will all be spammed EVERY SINGLE CHANCE THEY GET. im already pissed at the railgun thing…and i havent even played the game…

You can’t spam the Detonator or Railgun very much. The Concussion Rifle will not always be available, and will have limited ammo. It will be as bad as the Brute Shot, really.

> > > Because there arent enough close range explosive weapons already…
> >
> > The Sticky Detonator and Railgun are the only two I can think of. All 3 of them fill their own unique roll anyway.
>
> the point is they will all be spammed EVERY SINGLE CHANCE THEY GET. im already pissed at the railgun thing…and i havent even played the game…

Pissed about a railgun??!? Would you like a lollipop instead??

I’m not a huge concussion rifle fan, but the good thing is that there are so many weapons in the game I shouldn’t run into it as often as in reach.

And I’m pretty excited for the railgun…

As a Warthog driver, I fear Halo 4 will be a nightmare, no other game installment has had this many explosive and anti vehicle weaponry, combine this with players being able to start out with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades, it is safe to say that no matter how skilled at driving you are, you’re not going to last long.

In the past somebody had to take the incentive of picking up one of 2-3 plasma pistols on a map and grab some plasma grenades to effectively take on a warthog - harassing their team, waiting in ambush for it.

Now every turd and their eggheaded cousin will derp about with plasma grenades and plasma overloads in addition to a more vast anti vehicle weapons loadout ever seen in any previous Halo installment. :frowning:

I’d prefer the Brute Shot but the Concussion Rifle makes more sense considering the Brute’s absence.

> Concussion Rifle
>
> If you look closely to the top right you can see the concussion rifle icon.What are your thoughts on this returning?

I picked it up and used it when I played today! When I saw it on my HUD, I literally shouted “-Yoink!- YES!”

Seriously, I love that gun!

I didn’t get the chance to play around with it too much, though…

> I’d prefer the Brute Shot but the Concussion Rifle makes more sense considering the Brute’s absence.

If it comes back with it’s insane blast radius, disrupting explosion, and tendency to be spammed, I don’t think I’ll be able to play Halo 4…

The concussion rifle should have it’s function changed. A violent shock? That’s just annoying. What made the brute shot ok was that it’s shots worked well with melee, jumping, grenades, etc.

The concussion rifle is worthless. But I’ll give the H4 version a chance. :confused:

> I’d prefer the Brute Shot but the Concussion Rifle makes more sense considering the Brute’s absence.

agreed. I miss that thing. particularly the Halo 2 iteration.

shrugs

Just another weapon to me…