So Grunts have noses now?

Okay, I’m confused, why is this Grunt fuel tank cord plugged into a non-existant nose? Unless mean that this Grunt appearance is canon now, and their nose rips off whenever they lose their mask.

Different subspecies of Grunt. Much like how different beetles species look different.

Oh, I forgot about that, thanks for clearing that up.

Well the nose is the primary pathway of breathing, so maybe nose tucked in mask?

> Well the nose is the primary pathway of breathing, so maybe nose tucked in mask?

But, in their appearance in the games, they don’t have a nose at all, kinda weird.

> Different subspecies of Grunt. Much like how different beetles species look different.

This. There’s different species of every animal and animals, even humans, come in all different appearances.

> > Different subspecies of Grunt. Much like how different beetles species look different.
>
> This. There’s different species of every animal and animals, even humans, come in all different appearances.

You don’t see two morphologically same species but one without a nose, that’s usually unlikely in an evolutionary sense.

I believe the line, “If it bleeds we can kill it!” is the only thing that matters.
Shoot em up, take em down, soldier! The core aint paying us by the hour!

Grunts have always had noses, even if they haven’t been clearly represented on the game models. Remember Halo 1, the opening cutscene to Assault on the Control Room? The scene with a grunt sniffing the air?

The grunts have also been described with noses in the Halo fiction.

> Grunts have always had noses, even if they haven’t been clearly represented on the game models. Remember Halo 1, the opening cutscene to Assault on the Control Room? The scene with a grunt sniffing the air?
>
> The grunts have also been described with noses in the Halo fiction.

I know, but I thought that was none-canon.

Game canon>book canon is what I always thought.

> > Grunts have always had noses, even if they haven’t been clearly represented on the game models. Remember Halo 1, the opening cutscene to Assault on the Control Room? The scene with a grunt sniffing the air?
> >
> > The grunts have also been described with noses in the Halo fiction.
>
> I know, but I thought that was none-canon.
>
> Game canon>book canon is what I always thought.

The books and games are all the same canon. In fact, there’s only one kind of canon… canon.

> > > Different subspecies of Grunt. Much like how different beetles species look different.
> >
> > This. There’s different species of every animal and animals, even humans, come in all different appearances.
>
> You don’t see two morphologically same species but one without a nose, that’s usually unlikely in an evolutionary sense.

It’s unlikely on this planet. More likely somewhere else in the universe…?

> > > Different subspecies of Grunt. Much like how different beetles species look different.
> >
> > This. There’s different species of every animal and animals, even humans, come in all different appearances.
>
> You don’t see two morphologically same species but one without a nose, that’s usually unlikely in an evolutionary sense.

Not as extreme a difference: But Skirmishers have feathers, while Jackals do not.

> > > Grunts have always had noses, even if they haven’t been clearly represented on the game models. Remember Halo 1, the opening cutscene to Assault on the Control Room? The scene with a grunt sniffing the air?
> > >
> > > The grunts have also been described with noses in the Halo fiction.
> >
> > I know, but I thought that was none-canon.
> >
> > Game canon>book canon is what I always thought.
>
> The books and games are all the same canon. In fact, there’s only one kind of canon… canon.

Well, I think in one time Frank emphasised or said that game canon was superior.

> > Grunts have always had noses, even if they haven’t been clearly represented on the game models. Remember Halo 1, the opening cutscene to Assault on the Control Room? The scene with a grunt sniffing the air?
> >
> > The grunts have also been described with noses in the Halo fiction.
>
> I know, but I thought that was none-canon.
>
> Game canon>book canon is what I always thought.

Games do take precedence, but nothing in the games conflicts with the notion of grunts having noses. Due to them being games, detailing the Grunt “nose” has probably never been seen as important. It’s also possible that their nose is not something we would immediately recognize.

Again though, Halo 1 has grunts sniffing the air. This is in-game proof of grunts having noses.

I liked the Grunts better when they were cute.

> I liked the Grunts better when they were cute.

At least now i dont feel guilty when i shove a knife down their skull

Canon is canon. 343i likes to keep all consistent and canon and I like that!

I want to dress up as a grunt of Montreal comic con, I’m a bit shorter than the average grunt but should still be okay if I tried right?

Wait! Grunts have noses now?!! 343i should give ELites noses too so they won’t feel left out!! :wink:

If this is a subspecies of Grunt, wouldn’t it make sense to use this species and the ones we are more familiar with together? Maybe the new ones can have a different role since they seem to have a more efficient gas tank?