So Glad Reach is Here

Now I don’t have to deal with the disgusting Halo 5 Forge, who’s with meh? Oh also Halo Reach’s graphics feel like a real sci fi war game with nit and grit.

True with the forge.

True

Not as interested in Forge as much as I am with Firefight!

Im okay with staying with halo 5, so much better of a game.

> 2533274793613608;5:
> Im okay with staying with halo 5, so much better of a game.

…no, Reach is the best.

> 2535407138557268;6:
> > 2533274793613608;5:
> > Im okay with staying with halo 5, so much better of a game.
>
>
> …no, Reach is the best.

For campaign and actual fun oriented game modes, yes. But Halo 5 does indeed play better and has a better multiplayer.

> 2535407138557268;6:
> > 2533274793613608;5:
>
>

Reach was always my favourite halo, until halo 5 came out!

> 2533274985569597;8:
> > 2535407138557268;6:
> > > 2533274793613608;5:
> > > Im okay with staying with halo 5, so much better of a game.
> >
> >
> > …no, Reach is the best.
>
>
> Reach was always my favourite halo, until halo 5 came out!

Halo 5 has too many shortcomings to be better than Reach, sure the game engine is nice and it plays smooth but way too many details left out of H5 things like campaign scoring and par times (the list could go on) which were even in the MCC for crying out loud!

Now that Reach is backwards compatible, I will reclaim my rightful crown as King of SWAT. I’ve taken on a full team by myself and came out on top. I’ve played against my friends in a very challenging for the leader custom SWAT mode and won. My Reach Spartan has now been given new life and is ready to strike from the shadows. Fear my accuracy and my eagle eye.

May the shadows hide your assault.

> 2535407138557268;1:
> Now I don’t have to deal with the disgusting Halo 5 Forge, who’s with meh? Oh also Halo Reach’s graphics feel like a real sci fi war game with nit and grit.

True. Reach kills Guardians every time.

Well, Reach was a nitty and gritty time & place. Kinda like Argent Moon or Meridian.

I’ve been playing the campaign while Xbox LIVE is down. I’m not a fan of Reach’s Slayer, but I like the BTB. I’m the opposite with Halo 5: I love Arena, but Halo 5’s BTB is just not that fun. So it’s great having both of them to compliment each other.

But I don’t need to pick one game over the other, I can play them both and appreciate them for their differences. They need to have them, you know. If they didn’t, they’d be redundant.

I was so happy when reach was ported to X1. Once I started playing it got bored after an hour. I played everything from invasion to campaign. I even started playing the forge and my god is it bad. Making things takes way longer and the customization/ textures of blocks were off. The only thing that was good was forge world and campaign. Everything else was just nostalgic fun and it quickly burned away.

I’m happy with Halo Reach coming back but I wish they could possibly come out with an update making it 50-60fps

> 2533274819075101;13:
> Once I started playing it got bored after an hour. I played everything from invasion to campaign. I even started playing the forge and my god is it bad. Making things takes way longer and the customization/ textures of blocks were off.

That’s the exact description i would use for Guardians. I can see everything mostly being opinion based, but how do you even consider for a second Guardians having and better and overall FASTER forge than Reach? I’m genuinely curious as that seems impossible.

> 2535411845670684;14:
> I’m happy with Halo Reach coming back but I wish they could possibly come out with an update making it 50-60fps

That and increasing the forge budget 2x. Then I would be complete.

> 2535407138557268;15:
> > 2533274819075101;13:
> > Once I started playing it got bored after an hour. I played everything from invasion to campaign. I even started playing the forge and my god is it bad. Making things takes way longer and the customization/ textures of blocks were off.
>
>
> That’s the exact description i would use for Guardians. I can see everything mostly being opinion based, but how do you even consider for a second Guardians having and better and overall FASTER forge than Reach? I’m genuinely curious as that seems impossible.

Forge in reach is slow and restricting compared to 5. 1 you have a budget limit and within that an object limit for each category. You only have a couple hundred items to choose from and the structures and theres barely any detailed curved blocks to my liking. All of the blocks are forerunner textured which gets pretty boring after a while. No magnets. No duplication. No welding. No grouping. Poor precision editing. Fewer weapons to forge with (21 v 30 and counting). No gridded movement. Choppier rotation .1 canvas (Huge map, but detail and actual usage of all terrain isn’t there. No copy/ pasting entire bases. Fewer props. Less info is being relayed on screen. No lighting editing. No fog editing. Less colors. Less color choices (Primary vs Primary, secondary, and tertiary. No scripting. No snow canvas.

Ok I know these aren’t all related to speed, but it still something to take not. I’m not saying the H:R forge is bad but compared to a game 5 years ahead of it, its obviously behind. To me, forge has always felt like playing with legos. You were always restricted and couldn’t really go ham with your imagination. I’ve played other games where I spent a lot of time in editors, like fallout modding (Geck) and Far Cry . Those are editing tools. Halo 5 is the first forge that feels like an editor tool. Way faster with the duping, copy and pasting bases, precision editing and so forth.

This forge to me is even more precise than its counter parts. Like I have said person editing, (especially with the .001 z battling one that helps so much when your floor is having a texture spasm), gridded moving ( When moving objects, you move around through a x/y grid), you aren’t locked to look at the object you spawned on, it TELLS you the coordinate , type , and rotation of the block you have your cursor on. Most importantly, since the duping has been enhanced, symmetrical maps are made twice as fast! Another big one, natural items. Terrain is crazy improved from H2A, and so has the trees.

I don’t want to write more because this looks like a wall of text, I could keep on if you wish me to. Don’t take what I said as offensive, please don’t keyboard smash.

Reach was a great game. But this forge is light years ahead of reach’s forge. I have never forged as quick as I can now

> 2535407138557268;6:
> > 2533274793613608;5:
>
>

reach sucks game play wise

> 2533274870156266;10:
> Now that Reach is backwards compatible, I will reclaim my rightful crown as King of SWAT. I’ve taken on a full team by myself and came out on top. I’ve played against my friends in a very challenging for the leader custom SWAT mode and won. My Reach Spartan has now been given new life and is ready to strike from the shadows. Fear my accuracy and my eagle eye.
>
> May the shadows hide your assault.

You have four times as many persons to kill as they did. It really isn’t THAT big of a feat.