So... Firefight?

Now that we’re around T-Minus six months until Guardians launches, how likely do you think it is that Firefight will return in some form or other? I know that I personally would play the game a great deal more if it included a Firefight mode- I believe I’ve never had as much fun playing Halo as I did simply spending hours I Firefight alone and with friends in Halo: Reach and ODST. Do you think 343i considers developing a dedicated FF mode to be a waste of time?

that would be cool

> 2533274861158694;1:
> Now that we’re around T-Minus six months until Guardians launches, how likely do you think it is that Firefight will return in some form or other? I know that I personally would play the game a great deal more if it included a Firefight mode- I believe I’ve never had as much fun playing Halo as I did simply spending hours I Firefight alone and with friends in Halo: Reach and ODST. Do you think 343i considers developing a dedicated FF mode to be a waste of time?

firtefight is awesome, i even liked spartan ops cuz of the challenge (i restart everytime i die in it and yes sometimes i rage when i do a simple fail)

Both Firefight and Spartan Ops were great. I kinda preferred firefight though and I think 343 should add it back in 5

I was never into firefight, so i dont care personally. But i do hope they include it because there seems to be a lot of people that want it. Player retention FTW! There is a whole extra year of development time between halo 4 and 5 than there was between Reach and Halo 4, so hopefully that will give them the room to include everything that the previous games had.

We will find out at E3 i’m sure. Right now Halo 5 has so much potential for greatness if they include,

> Proper balance changes.
> Hardcore or Classic playlists with no sprint/abilities
> Dedis for EVERYTHING!! (they said this is the case, so hopefully they don’t reneg)
> Proper ranking system.
> Firefight
> Epic Campaign
> Spectator mode that works properly
> killer forge
> Enough custom game options to make your eyes bleed
> Properly Unified UI

hopefully they realize all of it…

firefight would be awesome, if they did it right with the flood coming at higher levels it would totally -Yoink- on Cod zombies

Halo Reach’s FF was OP, I mean, you could literally make your Spartan a God in the battlefield. If they bring it back, they’re more likely to remove those OP features and actually make you have to; find cover, reload, let your health and shield go back up, and start again. I’d like to see what they’re going to do with FF if they decide that it’s needed and if they’re going to do some challenges for FF.

yeah reach’s ff sucked

I think they should have firefight and an upgraded spartan ops.

I loved Firefight, it was my favourite survival mode behind Gear’s Horde. I really hope they bring it back, especially if they include the voice customisation. It was great playing with Jorge’s voice and picking up a Splaser; “Red hot death ray up!”

> 2535424265783738;7:
> Halo Reach’s FF was OP, I mean, you could literally make your Spartan a God in the battlefield. If they bring it back, they’re more likely to remove those OP features and actually make you have to; find cover, reload, let your health and shield go back up, and start again. I’d like to see what they’re going to do with FF if they decide that it’s needed and if they’re going to do some challenges for FF.

That’s what made it fun though. Change the settings so you and some friends can relax and kill covies without worrying about ending the game because you ran out of lives. It was laid back and fun.

> 2533274802469862;8:
> yeah reach’s ff sucked

Still not sure why people feel this way. I liked ODST’s FF too, but Reach had custom skulls, the ability to edit waves, add generators etc. You could make Reach FF as easy or hard as you pleased.

> 2533274804649077;12:
> > 2533274802469862;8:
> > yeah reach’s ff sucked
>
>
> Still not sure why people feel this way. I liked ODST’s FF too, but Reach had custom skulls, the ability to edit waves, add generators etc. You could make Reach FF as easy or hard as you pleased.

My point exactly. Also the Chieftain in ODST was way OP

You know what I really want?

Firefight + Invasion. Think about it.

Player controlled Spartans and NPC UNSC assets vs Player controlled Elites and NPC Covenant assets. It would kind of merge the concepts of shooting players and shooting grunts, both of which are integral to Halo.

People talk about how concerned they are for BTB in upcoming Halo titles. They say they want huge 32 or 64 player games on Halo Wars inspired maps, but I don’t see that working. What if, instead, we had a simple 4v4 or 6v6 and tons of AI? Obviously, there would need to be some mechanic for tactically directing AI, so you can have a squad of Marines get your back against the two hunters and a player in a tank. (in fact, such a mechanic would have been useful in…like…every Halo campaign ever) The sandbox would also have to be balanced towards Human vs Covenant, but Reach did a pretty good job of that.

Of course, we could have some fun with a gametype that fuses PvP and PvE. Imagine if a third faction of Prometheans, Flood, Brutes, Sentinels, Heretics, Insurrectionists or slightly perturbed Guta’s stormed in? Imagine if, thanks to some weapon or powerup on the map that players are fighting over, these AI would bend themselves to the player’s will? Imagine throwing a battalion of Prometheans against a Scorpion and seeing who comes out on top?

> 2535421619942348;14:
> You know what I really want?
>
> Firefight + Invasion. Think about it.
>
> Player controlled Spartans and NPC UNSC assets vs Player controlled Elites and NPC Covenant assets. It would kind of merge the concepts of shooting players and shooting grunts, both of which are integral to Halo.
>
> (in fact, such a mechanic would have been useful in…like…every Halo campaign ever) The sandbox would also have to be balanced towards Human vs Covenant, but Reach did a pretty good job of that.

This I like very much.

> 2533274861158694;1:
> Now that we’re around T-Minus six months until Guardians launches, how likely do you think it is that Firefight will return in some form or other? I know that I personally would play the game a great deal more if it included a Firefight mode- I believe I’ve never had as much fun playing Halo as I did simply spending hours I Firefight alone and with friends in Halo: Reach and ODST. Do you think 343i considers developing a dedicated FF mode to be a waste of time?

As long as it is ONLY the ODST version of FF. The Reach version ruined it with all the different options. Seriously, a survival mode where you can turn on invincibility and bottomless clip.

> 2533274795569076;15:
> > 2535421619942348;14:
> > You know what I really want?
> >
> > Firefight + Invasion. Think about it.
> >
> > Player controlled Spartans and NPC UNSC assets vs Player controlled Elites and NPC Covenant assets. It would kind of merge the concepts of shooting players and shooting grunts, both of which are integral to Halo.
> >
> > (in fact, such a mechanic would have been useful in…like…every Halo campaign ever) The sandbox would also have to be balanced towards Human vs Covenant, but Reach did a pretty good job of that.
>
>
> This I like very much.

:smiley:

> 2533274887515153;16:
> > 2533274861158694;1:
> > Now that we’re around T-Minus six months until Guardians launches, how likely do you think it is that Firefight will return in some form or other? I know that I personally would play the game a great deal more if it included a Firefight mode- I believe I’ve never had as much fun playing Halo as I did simply spending hours I Firefight alone and with friends in Halo: Reach and ODST. Do you think 343i considers developing a dedicated FF mode to be a waste of time?
>
>
> As long as it is ONLY the ODST version of FF. The Reach version ruined it with all the different options. Seriously, a survival mode where you can turn on invincibility and bottomless clip.

And if I don’t want to play survival and just want to blow -Yoink- up mindlessly? ODST’s Firefight was amazing, but Reach provided all of ODST’s balls to the wall survival, as well as more options. That’s generally a good thing. The added options could either turn you into God, or make the game MORE difficult to survive. This is one of the only ways Reach didn’t -Yoink- up.

It’d be fun to kill endless waves of UNSC enemies.

I would love FireFight to return along with Spartan Ops.