So, do you have to have grunt funeral on to do SLASO?

Well?? If we need it, lots of people aren’t going to be able do SLASO.

I’m assuming you will. Considering there are no achievements for doing LASO, no challenges in Campaign for Anniversary, and only the hardcore fans likely to pre-order will ever try LASO, there shouldn’t be an issue.

> I’m assuming you will. Considering there are no achievements for doing LASO, no challenges in Campaign for Anniversary, and only the hardcore fans likely to pre-order will ever try LASO, there shouldn’t be an issue.

There ARE achievments in campaign…

There are Achievements, yes, but none for doing LASO. Never have been, and because of how hard it is, probably never will be.

> There are Achievements, yes, but none for doing LASO. Never have been, and because of how hard it is, probably never will be.

Yeah. Alright, that’s definitely true.

If they put LASO achievements in Halo 3, I’d need 1,000 G for Cortana alone.

Uhhh… does someone have a link to the list of achievements? By the way some of you are talking, it sounds like there’s one floating around out there already.

> Uhhh… does someone have a link to the list of achievements? By the way some of you are talking, it sounds like there’s one floating around out there already.

They haven’t been announced, but it’s kinda obvious what some achievements will be, and which possiblities are not going to happen from experience. For the most part, Halo has a trend in regards to Campaign Complete achievements.

> > Uhhh… does someone have a link to the list of achievements? By the way some of you are talking, it sounds like there’s one floating around out there already.
>
> They haven’t been announced, but it’s kinda obvious what some achievements will be, and which possiblities are not going to happen from experience. For the most part, Halo has a trend in regards to Campaign Complete achievements.

Well… yes and no. Keep in mind that Reach was the first game in the franchise to feature a Solo Legendary achievement :slight_smile:

> > > Uhhh… does someone have a link to the list of achievements? By the way some of you are talking, it sounds like there’s one floating around out there already.
> >
> > They haven’t been announced, but it’s kinda obvious what some achievements will be, and which possiblities are not going to happen from experience. For the most part, Halo has a trend in regards to Campaign Complete achievements.
>
> Well… yes and no. Keep in mind that Reach was the first game in the franchise to feature a Solo Legendary achievement :slight_smile:

That’s just an evolution of the trend, but it’s still following the trend nevertheless.

I would say putting Grunt Funeral on should probably not be required for LASO. Assuming Anniversary has a good LASO. This week’s Bulletin stated that many of the former skulls of Halo enhance the enemy AI, and they didn’t want to do that with this game. I’d say that without Mythic, Thunderstorm, Catch, etc, there really is no point to doing a LASO run (especially if Blind isn’t included).

Regardless, I can’t wait to see if our set of old skulls does indeed exist, and if so, how 343’s skulls enhance what we’re used to. It should be very interesting.

hmm… my thoughts on the matter is that half of the people who like to do LASO (myself included, and by the way, its not hard…) might pre-order, and the other half will definately not. This means that a big portion of the people who may wish to do LASO would be extremely pissed if you had to have this pre order skull on.

A second point in this matter is that you didn’t need the blind skull on to do LASO weekly’s on Reach, and i know its just going off of previous experience but i think its a safe bet to say that it wont be neccesary.

> > > > Uhhh… does someone have a link to the list of achievements? By the way some of you are talking, it sounds like there’s one floating around out there already.
> > >
> > > They haven’t been announced, but it’s kinda obvious what some achievements will be, and which possiblities are not going to happen from experience. For the most part, Halo has a trend in regards to Campaign Complete achievements.
> >
> > Well… yes and no. Keep in mind that Reach was the first game in the franchise to feature a Solo Legendary achievement :slight_smile:
>
> That’s just an evolution of the trend, but it’s still following the trend nevertheless.
>
> I would say putting Grunt Funeral on should probably not be required for LASO. Assuming Anniversary has a good LASO. This week’s Bulletin stated that many of the former skulls of Halo enhance the enemy AI, and they didn’t want to do that with this game. I’d say that without Mythic, Thunderstorm, Catch, etc, there really is no point to doing a LASO run (especially if Blind isn’t included).
>
> Regardless, I can’t wait to see if our set of old skulls does indeed exist, and if so, how 343’s skulls enhance what we’re used to. It should be very interesting.

Me as well. I would love to see the Mythic challenge in future Halo games :slight_smile:

In terms of WHAT makes it challenging, though, we actually had a rather lengthy discussion about this in the Reach Mythic thread on Bungie.net. Not all of the skulls on Mythic make the game more difficult. IWHBYD and Grunt Birthday Party are two examples. And Tilt, even though it makes enemies far more resilient to certain types of weapons, also makes YOU more able to repel enemy fire as well. The community itself is on the fence on whether or not to exclude certain skulls from Halo: CEA’s own Mythic Difficulty, but one thing’s for sure. If 343i has something up it’s sleeve for Mythic, we won’t be making the decision at all :wink:

Tyrant I messaged you on B.net regarding a question about Mythic Difficulty. Hope you can answer it.

> If I did glitches like making enemies de-spawn on Pillar of Autumn, would it count as completing it on Mythic or no?

Yup. That’s fine. The only glitch we really frown upon is Save & Quit :slight_smile:

> > > > > Uhhh… does someone have a link to the list of achievements? By the way some of you are talking, it sounds like there’s one floating around out there already.
> > > >
> > > > They haven’t been announced, but it’s kinda obvious what some achievements will be, and which possiblities are not going to happen from experience. For the most part, Halo has a trend in regards to Campaign Complete achievements.
> > >
> > > Well… yes and no. Keep in mind that Reach was the first game in the franchise to feature a Solo Legendary achievement :slight_smile:
> >
> > That’s just an evolution of the trend, but it’s still following the trend nevertheless.
> >
> > I would say putting Grunt Funeral on should probably not be required for LASO. Assuming Anniversary has a good LASO. This week’s Bulletin stated that many of the former skulls of Halo enhance the enemy AI, and they didn’t want to do that with this game. I’d say that without Mythic, Thunderstorm, Catch, etc, there really is no point to doing a LASO run (especially if Blind isn’t included).
> >
> > Regardless, I can’t wait to see if our set of old skulls does indeed exist, and if so, how 343’s skulls enhance what we’re used to. It should be very interesting.
>
> Me as well. I would love to see the Mythic challenge in future Halo games :slight_smile:
>
> In terms of WHAT makes it challenging, though, we actually had a rather lengthy discussion about this in the Reach Mythic thread on Bungie.net. Not all of the skulls on Mythic make the game more difficult. IWHBYD and Grunt Birthday Party are two examples. And Tilt, even though it makes enemies far more resilient to certain types of weapons, also makes YOU more able to repel enemy fire as well. The community itself is on the fence on whether or not to exclude certain skulls from Halo: CEA’s own Mythic Difficulty, but one thing’s for sure. If 343i has something up it’s sleeve for Mythic, we won’t be making the decision at all :wink:

I’d love to see the Mythic challenged preserved in as classic a form as possible in future titles. I’ve been in on it since Halo 3, so I’m pretty invested (though not as much as others). In my opinion, if 343 just has a bunch of skulls like Funeral or IWHBYD, etc, it won’t quite be the same Mythic challenge. I would say it’s essential to make the enemies really freaking difficult to beat, as well as having skulls like Blind and Cowbell (though Cowbell will be hard to replicate without a real physics engine…).

Just make a pre-order. Hell, make two. That’s an order soldier!

It’s free to do so anyway. xP

> > > > > > Uhhh… does someone have a link to the list of achievements? By the way some of you are talking, it sounds like there’s one floating around out there already.
> > > > >
> > > > > They haven’t been announced, but it’s kinda obvious what some achievements will be, and which possiblities are not going to happen from experience. For the most part, Halo has a trend in regards to Campaign Complete achievements.
> > > >
> > > > Well… yes and no. Keep in mind that Reach was the first game in the franchise to feature a Solo Legendary achievement :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > That’s just an evolution of the trend, but it’s still following the trend nevertheless.
> > >
> > > I would say putting Grunt Funeral on should probably not be required for LASO. Assuming Anniversary has a good LASO. This week’s Bulletin stated that many of the former skulls of Halo enhance the enemy AI, and they didn’t want to do that with this game. I’d say that without Mythic, Thunderstorm, Catch, etc, there really is no point to doing a LASO run (especially if Blind isn’t included).
> > >
> > > Regardless, I can’t wait to see if our set of old skulls does indeed exist, and if so, how 343’s skulls enhance what we’re used to. It should be very interesting.
> >
> > Me as well. I would love to see the Mythic challenge in future Halo games :slight_smile:
> >
> > In terms of WHAT makes it challenging, though, we actually had a rather lengthy discussion about this in the Reach Mythic thread on Bungie.net. Not all of the skulls on Mythic make the game more difficult. IWHBYD and Grunt Birthday Party are two examples. And Tilt, even though it makes enemies far more resilient to certain types of weapons, also makes YOU more able to repel enemy fire as well. The community itself is on the fence on whether or not to exclude certain skulls from Halo: CEA’s own Mythic Difficulty, but one thing’s for sure. If 343i has something up it’s sleeve for Mythic, we won’t be making the decision at all :wink:
>
> I’d love to see the Mythic challenged preserved in as classic a form as possible in future titles. I’ve been in on it since Halo 3, so I’m pretty invested (though not as much as others). In my opinion, if 343 just has a bunch of skulls like Funeral or IWHBYD, etc, it won’t quite be the same Mythic challenge. I would say it’s essential to make the enemies really freaking difficult to beat, as well as having skulls like Blind and Cowbell (though Cowbell will be hard to replicate without a real physics engine…).

I hope so too, Mythic bro :slight_smile:

If we are going to have skulls in HCEA - and I really, REALLY hope we will - the Grunt Funeral skull shouldn’t count towards SLASO for two reasons.

1. It’s pre-order only, so people who don’t have it are technically not possible to play SLASO.

2. It makes the game easier instead of harder. =D

Here’s my question- What if I’m playing co-op with someone without the skull? Will I be able to use it?

> Here’s my question- What if I’m playing co-op with someone without the skull? Will I be able to use it?

My guess is that like with Halo 3, the host will define the settings which apply to the entire party.