So do I not get XP if I leave last spartan standing when my lives deplete?

In what world is anyone going to wait until the end of the game they lost in? The game mode is cool, but this will keep me from playing it.

1 Like

You keep all challenge progress on elimination if you quit. Even the completed matches challenges. They just don’t update right away

2 Likes

Yes he is asking about match completion exp.

Thats good to know, but yea, I am talking about completion XP, does maybe not update until the game I left is over?

3 Likes

Nah you just get nothing. Just emphasizes how terrible 343’s exp system is. Amazing that a game developer was able to be so short-sighted.

1 Like

That’s not true. If you didn’t get the match complete challenge it must be a bug.

To be fair my event pass got bugged today. I completed two event challenges but only unlocked one tier

1 Like

I’m wondering if it kicks in only after the match ends. If you leave, the match is still technically being played right?

2 Likes

Your progress should update once the match ends. You won’t see progress immediately after quitting. Check back after your next match to see if your challenges progressed after the match you left early had officially ended.

3 Likes

Seems like some people still may be misunderstanding the question. OP is asking about the Daily not the Weekly challenges

1 Like

I can confirm with 100% certainty that the daily challenge XP does update eventually. Fear not.

It does for me anyways. Wouldn’t be surprised if there are some sneaky bugs though.

3 Likes

I can confirm with 100% certainty it does not update no matter how long you wait. Been stuck on the same task for hours

2 Likes

What “task” are you stuck on?

I agree it doesnt update. I have at least 5 melee attacks complete and I am still on 2 for the challenge

2 Likes

Leaving LSS after being eliminated, my Daily challenge appeared to progress, but I did not receive XP for completing it.

“Complete 2 last spartan standing matches”. Ive completed about 6. Ive restarted my xbox and game 3 times. Not completing

They dont update till the game actually ends for everyone. So youll probably be in another game. But youll see progress on it eventually. By the way a lot of people do stick around. In the original gears game everyone had to stick around for the next round cause extra lives didnt exist.

I was responding about daily XP. I think your challenge had been reported a bugged by support.

I finished a match in the final two, it counted. I lost early in the next match, but spectated till the end, it counted. I lost early in the 3rd match, it does not seem to be counting.

I guess you got to stick it through with that challenge for the time being.

2 Likes

No, my question was purely match completion XP. I don’t give a flying fart about challenges.

I am (hoping) that it comes after the match ends.

yes, but 6 hours later and nothing…