So did y'all know halo 2 was gonna have sprint?

Source
So what’s your guys take on this, I personally love the dual smg animation.

Why’d you hafta open this can of worms? Now we’re gonna get all the Sprint-haters up in here. I’ll say one thing, and that is that they took Sprint out of Halo 2 because it didn’t match the pacing of that particular game. It does not mean that Sprint can’t work in any Halo game, and it does not mean that Sprint does not belong in Halo. It means that Sprint didn’t match the pacing of Halo 2, and that’s ALL it means.

> 2533274991067213;2:
> Why’d you hafta open this can of worms? Now we’re gonna get all the Sprint-haters up in here. I’ll say one thing, and that is that they took Sprint out of Halo 2 because it didn’t match the pacing of that particular game. It does not mean that Sprint can’t work in any Halo game, and it does not mean that Sprint does not belong in Halo. It means that Sprint didn’t match the pacing of Halo 2, and that’s ALL it means.

Bungie didn’t like the pacing sprint created PERIOD. That’s why they didn’t add it in Halo 3.

They sort of added it in Reach, but that’s because Reach was experimental since they were creating Destiny. And since Reach isn’t a main game (It’s a Halo spinoff game), they felt they had a little more freedom for that.

> 2533274991067213;2:
> Why’d you hafta open this can of worms? Now we’re gonna get all the Sprint-haters up in here. I’ll say one thing, and that is that they took Sprint out of Halo 2 because it didn’t match the pacing of that particular game. It does not mean that Sprint can’t work in any Halo game, and it does not mean that Sprint does not belong in Halo. It means that Sprint didn’t match the pacing of Halo 2, and that’s ALL it means.

I’m personally a sprint hater too, I just thought it would e an interesting fact to bring up.

> 2533274793616507;3:
> > 2533274991067213;2:
> > Why’d you hafta open this can of worms? Now we’re gonna get all the Sprint-haters up in here. I’ll say one thing, and that is that they took Sprint out of Halo 2 because it didn’t match the pacing of that particular game. It does not mean that Sprint can’t work in any Halo game, and it does not mean that Sprint does not belong in Halo. It means that Sprint didn’t match the pacing of Halo 2, and that’s ALL it means.
>
>
> Bungie didn’t like the pacing sprint created PERIOD. That’s why they didn’t add it in Halo 3.
>
> They sort of added it in Reach, but that’s because Reach was experimental since they were creating Destiny. And since Reach isn’t a main game (It’s a Halo spinoff game), they felt they had a little more freedom for that.

That is debatable. I could just as easily say that Bungie didn’t consider Sprint for Halo 3 because Halo 3 was intended to be a sequel to Halo 2; the two games are similar in the way they play (although with plenty of differences peppered in there too, like that horrible thing they call the projectile bullet system).

Halo 3 finished the original trilogy and the first ‘main’ storyline, leaving the series open to experiment with its gameplay, even in the installments which introduce a new ‘main’ story.

My take on this is simple: It could have been in the game, but it never ended up being that way, so therefore there is little to say about it. The feature only was officially introduced in Reach in a limited capacity, but by then the original trilogy was complete.

I’m not a big fan of sprint in Halo, mainly because it makes it feel too much like Call of Duty and other FPSs. I’m not saying it is bad, it just gives it a different feel somehow.

> 2533274887950450;6:
> My take on this is simple: It could have been in the game, but it never ended up being that way, so therefore there is little to say about it. The feature only was officially introduced in Reach in a limited capacity, but by then the original trilogy was complete.
>
> I’m not a big fan of sprint in Halo, mainly because it makes it feel too much like Call of Duty and other FPSs. I’m not saying it is bad, it just gives it a different feel somehow.

i know entirely what thats like man… like i said earlier I’m personally not in favor of sprint but i tolerate it because its just what we have to deal with now.

But it ended up not being in it whyyyyyyyy? Because, it didn’t fit with their gameplay and Bungie’s wants.

> 2533274820541653;8:
> But it ended up not being in it whyyyyyyyy? Because, it didn’t fit with their gameplay and Bungie’s wants.

It was because of pacing issues and due to the fact that most of the weapons they added in H2 were ones we couldn’t use in H1

THIS IS FAKE. Notice it was posted in 2015. Bungie NEVER had plans or even played with the idea of Sprint in Halo 2. None of their old ViDoc’s contained any information on that. Convincing but not true

> 2546678360738636;10:
> THIS IS FAKE. Notice it was posted in 2015. Bungie NEVER had plans or even played with the idea of Sprint in Halo 2. None of their old ViDoc’s contained any information on that. Convincing but not true

The dude literally showed you the code of the game what more do you need. You can’t fake test animations that were pit in a game and then not used.

> 2533274879407634;11:
> > 2546678360738636;10:
> > THIS IS FAKE. Notice it was posted in 2015. Bungie NEVER had plans or even played with the idea of Sprint in Halo 2. None of their old ViDoc’s contained any information on that. Convincing but not true
>
>
> The dude literally showed you the code of the game what more do you need. You can’t fake test animations that were pit in a game and then not used.

Yes you can, especially in today’s day and age. Go back and watch all the ViDoc’s from Bungie about Halo 2. Not once was there ever a mention to them ever considering Sprint. I’ve been a fan of Halo since CE in 2001. I still remember watching the early CE demo in 2000. I’ve followed everything, played all the games, watched all the ViDoc’s, suffered from getting my butt handed to me by modders and cheaters, and have been part of all the hype launch parties. Never has sprint come up in conversation or was even mentioned until Halo Reach.

Someone has gone out of their way to troll people. If this was indeed a legitimate part of the early Alpha stages of Halo 2:

1. Why are we just now hearing about it over a decade later?
  2. Show me proof. Show me a statement from someone who worked on the game or a clip of a developer stating sprint was considered or some substantial evidence other than some random Youtube uploader who said so in a video.

Halo 2 was notorious for being buggy and glitchy with multiplayer being overrun with modders and cheaters. You couldn’t get passed a level 34 without having a modder boost you up to the level 50 Halo ring

> 2533274991067213;2:

You couldn’t have said it any better! I agree 100%

> 2546678360738636;12:
> Yes you can, especially in today’s day and age. Go back and watch all the ViDoc’s from Bungie about Halo 2. Not once was there ever a mention to them ever considering Sprint. I’ve been a fan of Halo since CE in 2001. I still remember watching the early CE demo in 2000. I’ve followed everything, played all the games, watched all the ViDoc’s, suffered from getting my butt handed to me by modders and cheaters, and have been part of all the hype launch parties. Never has sprint come up in conversation or was even mentioned until Halo Reach.
>
> Someone has gone out of their way to troll people. If this was indeed a legitimate part of the early Alpha stages of Halo 2:
> 1. Why are we just now hearing about it over a decade later?
> 2. Show me proof. Show me a statement from someone who worked on the game or a clip of a developer stating sprint was considered or some substantial evidence other than some random Youtube uploader who said so in a video.
>
> Halo 2 was notorious for being buggy and glitchy with multiplayer being overrun with modders and cheaters. You couldn’t get passed a level 34 without having a modder boost you up to the level 50 Halo ring

Not a troll OP, this is about as legitimate as you can get:
http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10139-halo-2-originally-had-sprint/
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3hij4b/sprint_was_cut_from_halo_2/cu7sunzFollow the trail of the redditor in question and you’ll see that he was an animator for Halo 2 with Bungie, now working at Blizzard
http://www.halopedia.org/Butkus

Sorry for being difficult but I just don’t buy it. If all this is true, why are we (the Halo Community) just now hearing about it 11 years after it’s release? Why did it not come to light sooner when the game was so easily picked apart and altered by modders and hackers? Why is there no on the record interviews or official statements that it at one time existed and was cut? If it was in fact a real in the prototype stages, why did we not see Sprint implemented into Halo until Halo Reach, 6 years later?

I have a hard time believing this was a real deal when I’ve been following Halo since it’s demo in 2000. I’ve never once heard about Sprint being in Halo 2. I’d LOVE to see some hardcore evidence other than a Youtube video, a Reddit page where the posters could be anyone, and a Halo Wikipedia page.

> 2533274813317074;14:
> > 2546678360738636;12:
> > Yes you can, especially in today’s day and age. Go back and watch all the ViDoc’s from Bungie about Halo 2. Not once was there ever a mention to them ever considering Sprint. I’ve been a fan of Halo since CE in 2001. I still remember watching the early CE demo in 2000. I’ve followed everything, played all the games, watched all the ViDoc’s, suffered from getting my butt handed to me by modders and cheaters, and have been part of all the hype launch parties. Never has sprint come up in conversation or was even mentioned until Halo Reach.
> >
> > Someone has gone out of their way to troll people. If this was indeed a legitimate part of the early Alpha stages of Halo 2:
> > 1. Why are we just now hearing about it over a decade later?
> > 2. Show me proof. Show me a statement from someone who worked on the game or a clip of a developer stating sprint was considered or some substantial evidence other than some random Youtube uploader who said so in a video.
> >
> > Halo 2 was notorious for being buggy and glitchy with multiplayer being overrun with modders and cheaters. You couldn’t get passed a level 34 without having a modder boost you up to the level 50 Halo ring
>
>
> Not a troll OP, this is about as legitimate as you can get:
> http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10139-halo-2-originally-had-sprint/
> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3hij4b/sprint_was_cut_from_halo_2/cu7sunzFollow the trail of the redditor in question and you’ll see that he was an animator for Halo 2 with Bungie, now working at Blizzard
> http://www.halopedia.org/Butkus

Thank you for proving my point stckrboy.

> 2546678360738636;15:
> Sorry for being difficult but I just don’t buy it. If all this is true, why are we (the Halo Community) just now hearing about it 11 years after it’s release? Why did it not come to light sooner when the game was so easily picked apart and altered by modders and hackers? Why is there no on the record interviews or official statements that it at one time existed and was cut? If it was in fact a real in the prototype stages, why did we not see Sprint implemented into Halo until Halo Reach, 6 years later?
>
> I have a hard time believing this was a real deal when I’ve been following Halo since it’s demo in 2000. I’ve never once heard about Sprint being in Halo 2. I’d LOVE to see some hardcore evidence other than a Youtube video, a Reddit page where the posters could be anyone, and a Halo Wikipedia page.

Maybe at the time it was something that just wasn’t worth mentioning, seems like it was cut pretty early on. For the rest of it, you’d have to speak to those who worked at Bungie for more details. As to why we’re only hearing of this now, it’s not the first time things have been hiding in a game for years. There was one for Punch-Out that took 30 years to find, but the spectrum emulator in Goldeneye is one of the best I think

> 2533274813317074;17:
> > 2546678360738636;15:
> > Sorry for being difficult but I just don’t buy it. If all this is true, why are we (the Halo Community) just now hearing about it 11 years after it’s release? Why did it not come to light sooner when the game was so easily picked apart and altered by modders and hackers? Why is there no on the record interviews or official statements that it at one time existed and was cut? If it was in fact a real in the prototype stages, why did we not see Sprint implemented into Halo until Halo Reach, 6 years later?
> >
> > I have a hard time believing this was a real deal when I’ve been following Halo since it’s demo in 2000. I’ve never once heard about Sprint being in Halo 2. I’d LOVE to see some hardcore evidence other than a Youtube video, a Reddit page where the posters could be anyone, and a Halo Wikipedia page.
>
>
> Maybe at the time it was something that just wasn’t worth mentioning, seems like it was cut pretty early on. For the rest of it, you’d have to speak to those who worked at Bungie for more details. As to why we’re only hearing of this now, it’s not the first time things have been hiding in a game for years. There was one for Punch-Out that took 30 years to find, but the spectrum emulator in Goldeneye is one of the best I think

Also the destiny Easter egg in odst, and the happy birthday loading screen in halo 3. And it was only a prototype, along with the pacing issues some of the weapons in halo 2 were brand new or ones we couldn’t use in halo CE.

Yea heard this bunch of times and the middle finger parts… that made me laugh!

> 2535410755618980;19:
> Yea heard this bunch of times and the middle finger parts… that made me laugh!

Yeah it would have been hilarious to charge the battlefield flipping off all the enemies you pass.