So, did Chief's "evolution" change his appearance?

WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS

So, in Halo 4, the Librarian activates some sort of gene in Chief’s body that “evolves” him to a point that he’s resistant to the Composer’s effects. Honestly, I don’t think she could just do that without somehow altering his appearance.

Like, in the secret Legendary ending, we get a 2-second glimpse of his face, but 2-seconds was atleast enough for me to notice that his eyes seem a little darker.

So, did Chief’s evolution alter his physical appearance or anatomy in any way at all?

I can just imagine the shock of the scientists removing his armor.

SCIENTIST: (Taking off Chief’s chestplate) You know Chief, I’ve always wondered what you looked like undern-OH MOTHER OF CHRIST WHAT’S THAT!

> 2535420303449229;1:
> WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS
>
> So, in Halo 4, the Librarian activates some sort of gene in Chief’s body that “evolves” him to a point that he’s resistant to the Composer’s effects. Honestly, I don’t think she could just do that without somehow altering his appearance.
>
> Like, in the secret Legendary ending, we get a 2-second glimpse of his face, but 2-seconds was atleast enough for me to notice that his eyes seem a little darker.
>
> So, did Chief’s evolution alter his physical appearance or anatomy in any way at all?
>
> I can just imagine the shock of the scientists removing his armor.
>
> SCIENTIST: (Taking off Chief’s chestplate) You know Chief, I’ve always wondered what you looked like undern-OH MOTHER OF CHRIST WHAT’S THAT!

Pretty sure there were just shadows being cast over his eyes for dramatic effect.

Doubt it. And as the person above me stated, his eyes were jut in shadow because of the lighting - if you enhance the image in a program like Photoshop, you can see everything is perfectly normal.

> 2535420303449229;1:
> SCIENTIST: (Taking off Chief’s chestplate) You know Chief, I’ve always wondered what you looked like undern-OH MOTHER OF CHRIST WHAT’S THAT!

IS HE SUPPOSED TO HAVE GILLS? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY -Yoink!-?!?

lol sorry, had to join in on the fun. I don’t think the Librarian changed him physically at all. :smiley:

> 2535420303449229;1:
> WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS
>
> So, in Halo 4, the Librarian activates some sort of gene in Chief’s body that “evolves” him to a point that he’s resistant to the Composer’s effects. Honestly, I don’t think she could just do that without somehow altering his appearance.
>
> Like, in the secret Legendary ending, we get a 2-second glimpse of his face, but 2-seconds was atleast enough for me to notice that his eyes seem a little darker.
>
> So, did Chief’s evolution alter his physical appearance or anatomy in any way at all?
>
> I can just imagine the shock of the scientists removing his armor.
>

We really don’t know, but I expect his internal chemistry and DNA is altered. I believe Cortana makes a statement about his biological signs being “off the charts” after his mutation, but she doesn’t specify what or how. As for the eyes, I saw nothing unusual considering the angle of lighting.

Doubt we’ll ever know.

There’s more to DNA than just physical appearances. It’s pretty unlikely that whatever she did would have altered his appearance in any noticeable way, if at all.

It’s possible, but not necessary. The mutation may only have changed his behaviour, biochemistry, increased his access to Forerunner tech, and increased his resistance towards certain weaponry. From what we saw in the Legendary ending, nothing really indicated that his appearance and changed from previous descriptions.