So did 343GS lie about forerunners dying

It sounded like from the previous games that the forerunners “died as planned”. Did 343 try and throw off the other races on purpose to think the forerunners are dead or did he really not know? This now puts a new hole into the story I wonder how halo 4 is going to fill this.

Always wondered if some of the forerunners didn’t want to die from the halo array and found a place to just hide and hope the flood die off. If you think about it, not an entire race could unanimously agree to all die to wipe out the flood. If a fracture group found out about the shield worlds and knew of their purpose and they wanted to live it could make sense as to why some lived. I wonder though if these are the same forerunners or a new breed that has slightly devolved over time to a more barbaric sense and even lost some technology themselves in the process. What is even creepier is if they have been preparing and they just needed an outside force to open the sphere and the F.O.D. activated it and now the forerunners can break free and knowing the flood hasn’t been wiped out might actually repeat the cycle of the halo array again and that’s what will make them the main threat.

Also, do you think this means the sentinels and enforcers will be playing as the enemies again and be a small assistance to the forerunners? If so this makes more sense to why the Covies want the humans dead. Humans can also activate the halo array and in doing so they would be still considered a threat now that they know that there is even more of a threat of the halo array being presented. With 2 races that can activate the Halo Array, Covies don’t want to take the chance. But maybe the Covies attacking MC are just a fracture group too and by looks of their armor it looks like they don’t stay in uniform so it could be a possibility.

Can’t wait to hear about what it says on the OXM.

“My makers have wisely limited my knowledge of all other strategic facilities.”

They never lied about them being dead, because they never said they were dead in the first place.

It’s already established the Forerunners left the galaxy around when the Halo Array was activated (though as far as we know they haven’t returned just yet, thought they could arrive in Halo 4), presumably just before that happened so then they wouldn’t be affected, plus i do think it’s highly likely some hid in Shield Worlds (and it’s quite likely we’ll encounter some in Requiem, the Shield World in Halo 4).

> They never lied about them being dead, because they never said they were dead in the first place.
>
> It’s already established the Forerunners left the galaxy around when the Halo Array was activated (though as far as we know they haven’t returned just yet, thought they could arrive in Halo 4), presumably just before that happened so then they wouldn’t be affected, plus i do think it’s highly likely some hid in Shield Worlds (and it’s quite likely we’ll encounter some in Requiem, the Shield World in Halo 4).

Um ya he did “died as planned” did you play halo 2 at least? or get the new update on the enemy of halo 4?

I think 343 GS simply didn’t know, and therefore made the quite logical assumption that the Forerunners were indeed dead.

He states he has limitations on his knowledge about the extend of their plans: indication he might not know about any additional plans of Forerunners to survive…most likely “nobody” knew of that.

He is shown to enter a state of rampancy in the CEA Terminals: his judgment and knowledge might be a bit clouded at the time we see him.

He hasn’t had contact with any other Forerunner installation for AGES. None of the other Monitors reported in. No Flood outbreaks were detected. No contact from Forerunners…he simply assumed they executed their known plan and died…

He didn’t lie. He simply didn’t know better.

> I think 343 GS simply didn’t know, and therefore made the quite logical assumption that the Forerunners were indeed dead.
>
> He states he has limitations on his knowledge about the extend of their plans: indication he might not know about any additional plans of Forerunners to survive…most likely “nobody” knew of that.
>
> He is shown to enter a state of rampancy in the CEA Terminals: his judgment and knowledge might be a bit clouded at the time we see him.
>
> He hasn’t had contact with any other Forerunner installation for AGES. None of the other Monitors reported in. No Flood outbreaks were detected. No contact from Forerunners…he simply assumed they executed their known plan and died…
>
> He didn’t lie. He simply didn’t know better.

ya more likely. but what seems weird is at the end of the terminals he talks about warning the Forerunners of the humans. im just wondering if these forerunner who have had no contact with the outside world are now barbaric in a sense and have been waiting for Requiem to reopen by and outer force that will lead to them escaping and trying to reactivate the halo array again.

[deleted]

The Forerunners made precautions to protect themselves against the effects of the Halo Array. Those precautions were Shield Worlds.

> > > I think 343 GS simply didn’t know, and therefore made the quite logical assumption that the Forerunners were indeed dead.
> > >
> > > He states he has limitations on his knowledge about the extend of their plans: indication he might not know about any additional plans of Forerunners to survive…most likely “nobody” knew of that.
> > >
> > > He is shown to enter a state of rampancy in the CEA Terminals: his judgment and knowledge might be a bit clouded at the time we see him.
> > >
> > > He hasn’t had contact with any other Forerunner installation for AGES. None of the other Monitors reported in. No Flood outbreaks were detected. No contact from Forerunners…he simply assumed they executed their known plan and died…
> > >
> > > He didn’t lie. He simply didn’t know better.
> >
> > ya more likely. but what seems weird is at the end of the terminals he talks about warning the Forerunners of the humans. im just wondering if these forerunner who have had no contact with the outside world are now barbaric in a sense and have been waiting for Requiem to reopen by and outer force that will lead to them escaping and trying to reactivate the halo array again.
>
> 1) When? Which terminal?
> 2) Why would they do this?

1. last terminal, not the secret one. his last words. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km0kWdxvqqU
  2. why would who do what? you mean reactivate the rings? because they want to wipe out the flood. they wiped out their cycle and they know as long as the flood exists they will do what ever it takes even if it means repeating history to do so in which threatens covies and humans.

> The Forerunners made precautions to protect themselves against the effects of the Halo Array. Those precautions were Shield Worlds.

ya but why would they lie to 343 in making him think they all died if they planned on living? it will be fun to see this explanation play out. i hope it isnt cheesy though. i hope for a good explanation.

[deleted]

> > > > > I think 343 GS simply didn’t know, and therefore made the quite logical assumption that the Forerunners were indeed dead.
> > > > >
> > > > > He states he has limitations on his knowledge about the extend of their plans: indication he might not know about any additional plans of Forerunners to survive…most likely “nobody” knew of that.
> > > > >
> > > > > He is shown to enter a state of rampancy in the CEA Terminals: his judgment and knowledge might be a bit clouded at the time we see him.
> > > > >
> > > > > He hasn’t had contact with any other Forerunner installation for AGES. None of the other Monitors reported in. No Flood outbreaks were detected. No contact from Forerunners…he simply assumed they executed their known plan and died…
> > > > >
> > > > > He didn’t lie. He simply didn’t know better.
> > > >
> > > > ya more likely. but what seems weird is at the end of the terminals he talks about warning the Forerunners of the humans. im just wondering if these forerunner who have had no contact with the outside world are now barbaric in a sense and have been waiting for Requiem to reopen by and outer force that will lead to them escaping and trying to reactivate the halo array again.
> > >
> > > 1) When? Which terminal?
> > > 2) Why would they do this?
> >
> > 1) last terminal, not the secret one. his last words. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km0kWdxvqqU
> > 2) why would who do what? you mean reactivate the rings? because they want to wipe out the flood. they wiped out their cycle and they know as long as the flood exists they will do what ever it takes even if it means repeating history to do so in which threatens covies and humans.
>
> 1) He doesn’t talk about warning the Forerunners about the humans. He is merely speculating what would happen if Forerunners were present. This could, however, be foreshadowing (I’m tempted to make a really bad pun).
> 2) I doubt the Forerunners would try to activate the rings when the flood aren’t loose (and we know we won’t be fighting the flood in Halo 4). However, we know the Forerunners aren’t exactly united, and I’m sure a clever writing team could come up with an explanation.

no he is speculating if he could contact them right but that he was goingto find a way to get in contact, then leads to secret terminal. whether 343 knew it or not he was going to try and contact the forerunners if they were alive and when he got to the Ark he may have done so. and also they would. just like the protheans from mass effect with the only one alive even he knew its takes what ever it have to win. think about it. they lost contact with the other rings. what does that say? if the forerunners know that then they will assume the flood is becoming more massive again and must react quickly and will do the same and activate them again and go back into hiding and leave the rest of the galaxy to die.