So co-op is delayed

Does it still have to be 4 identical mastercheif’s when/if it launches in November? With Rubicon protocol we now know other Spartan 4’s have survived on zeta halo. Kovan, Vettle, and Horvath already have coatings available in game. With the hard work 343 artists already did on the book’s cover we even know exactly what armor at least two of the above are wearing.

I believe this might be a pleasant feature to add if 343 aren’t simply going to allow our multiplayer Spartans in co-op because of canon. Halo 3 had a similar system to it’s co-op where the joining player would appear as a canon elite. In this case might they simply appear (engine permitting) as a canon Spartan 4?

1 Like

Ha… you think 343 is striving for above bare minimum? Ha…

6 Likes

Believe me I’m aware how deep this holes been dug.
I just had some hope that someone might see this and perhaps improve the co-op after this bizarre last minute delay.

1 Like

At this point, I’m just waiting for the “Coop is cancelled” news. Give it a few months.

3 Likes

You’re half right with local coop.

1 Like

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/halo-infinite-campaign-network-co-op-preview

There have been lots of different flavors to Campaign Co-Op in Halo in the past. In some entries, you’re a squad of Master Chiefs (or Arbiters), whereas in others, additional characters are present. What approach does Halo Infinite take to campaign co-op here and why?

Mulkey: In Halo Infinite, everyone is Chief while playing Campaign Co-Op.

This is in support of the goal that Co-Op allows players to play their campaigns together. All progress made is progress kept in the Campaign regardless of it being Solo or Co-Op play, so in both (much like in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 4), Chief is Chief making his way through Zeta Halo.

1 Like

Not sure what the issue is. Copying the relevant text saves the effort of following the link for those who don’t like making that effort.

PS - I’m not your ‘bruh’

1 Like

That is effectively 343’s stance on it. Its not a ‘that’d take more time’ answer.

1 Like

I really do hope that this doesn’t become a reality.

1 Like

Given that co-op has a playable beta I doubt co-op will be cancelled, as pessimistic as I am.

1 Like

If it is then I’ll be one of the lucky few who managed to play the flight with my Girlfriend like we promised each other when we got together.

1 Like

Splitscreen co-op is really a bare-minimum, required feature for a Halo game. I would think that implementing a multipalyer spartan instead of a clone of Chief wouldn’t be that crazy, especially if they aren’t in the cutscenes anyways.

2 Likes