So can we talk about how BTB hasn't been updated?

Not a single new map has been added to BTB since it was added, and it doesn’t have a single non forge map either. Is 343 gonna do anything about this?

I was reading that they are adding 15 forged maps to it? I couldnt be wrong though… Only read it on this forum.

BTB definitely needs more game variants and more maps…

> 2533274898941621;2:
> I was reading that they are adding 15 forged maps to it? I couldnt be wrong though… Only read it on this forum.
>
> BTB definitely needs more game variants and more maps…

Correct. Maybe you should read the updates, OP. You’ll learn more.

Last update says that the maps have been handed out to final playtesting, which means that they’ve got a pool of good maps almost ready to roll out. They just want to make sure that they’re as good as possible. Including the spawning.

I think they’re taking too long with the whole thing, but if it means that we get awesome, elaborate, and high quality Forge maps, then I can wait a couple more weeks or so.

> 2533274826920712;3:
> > 2533274898941621;2:
> > I was reading that they are adding 15 forged maps to it? I couldnt be wrong though… Only read it on this forum.
> >
> > BTB definitely needs more game variants and more maps…
>
>
> Correct. Maybe you should read the updates, OP. You’ll learn more.
>
> Last update says that the maps have been handed out to final playtesting, which means that they’ve got a pool of good maps almost ready to roll out. They just want to make sure that they’re as good as possible. Including the spawning.
>
> I think they’re taking too long with the whole thing, but if it means that we get awesome, elaborate, and high quality Forge maps, then I can wait a couple more weeks or so.

Are we ever gonna get any non forged btb maps? Or is 343 not good enough to make good btb maps for halo 5?

> 2533274831534658;4:
> > 2533274826920712;3:
> > > 2533274898941621;2:
> > > I was reading that they are adding 15 forged maps to it? I couldnt be wrong though… Only read it on this forum.
> > >
> > > BTB definitely needs more game variants and more maps…
> >
> >
> > Correct. Maybe you should read the updates, OP. You’ll learn more.
> >
> > Last update says that the maps have been handed out to final playtesting, which means that they’ve got a pool of good maps almost ready to roll out. They just want to make sure that they’re as good as possible. Including the spawning.
> >
> > I think they’re taking too long with the whole thing, but if it means that we get awesome, elaborate, and high quality Forge maps, then I can wait a couple more weeks or so.
>
>
> Are we ever gonna get any non forged btb maps? Or is 343 not good enough to make good btb maps for halo 5?

Well, this community seems to think that they’re too incompetent to make good Arena maps, right? That seems to be the sentiment, anyway. Forge maps don’t default to “Gray and boring” if the forger is creative enough. I’ve seen a few remakes that are actually quite amazing, and elaborately thought out. Guillotine and Recurve give them a bad name.

As for me wanting any non-forged BTB maps? Of course I would want a few, or one at least. But based on the above statement, maybe it should be a remake/slight-but-faithful-remix, like Sandtrap. I say that one in particular because we don’t have (any) sand environments.

Fingers crossed we get original maps and not forged bs.

> 2533274831534658;4:
> > 2533274826920712;3:
> > > 2533274898941621;2:
> > > I was reading that they are adding 15 forged maps to it? I couldnt be wrong though… Only read it on this forum.
> > >
> > > BTB definitely needs more game variants and more maps…
> >
> >
> > Correct. Maybe you should read the updates, OP. You’ll learn more.
> >
> > Last update says that the maps have been handed out to final playtesting, which means that they’ve got a pool of good maps almost ready to roll out. They just want to make sure that they’re as good as possible. Including the spawning.
> >
> > I think they’re taking too long with the whole thing, but if it means that we get awesome, elaborate, and high quality Forge maps, then I can wait a couple more weeks or so.
>
>
> Are we ever gonna get any non forged btb maps? Or is 343 not good enough to make good btb maps for halo 5?

Probably not. Memories of Reach is the only possibility of adding a dev btb map since Reach had some decent dlc btb maps. However getting btb maps in a package after June is a possibility. The forged btb maps and the upcoming pool of them are good enough and quite visually pleasing. The main reason dev btb maps aren’t a thing is due to arena and waryone being a higher priority to 343. They want H5 to have more decent arena maps than any other Halo due to H5 being primarily focused on e-sports. Warzone is bigger and more chaotic and more casual than btb. In my eyes it is better and is the next-gen experience many have wanted from Halo. They should continue to focus on creating great environments as well as new warzone experiences and improving it further with these updates (which they are doing). Trust me creating a warzone map that works well with its purpose and is balanced for both sides, is visually interesting and a lot different from the other takes up a huge chunk of time.

On relation with BTB, would you guys prefer 343i to add in a ranked BTB Playlist or leave it as it is.

> 2533274826920712;5:
> > 2533274831534658;4:
> > > 2533274826920712;3:
> > > > 2533274898941621;2:
> > > > I was reading that they are adding 15 forged maps to it? I couldnt be wrong though… Only read it on this forum.
> > > >
> > > > BTB definitely needs more game variants and more maps…
> > >
> > >
> > > Correct. Maybe you should read the updates, OP. You’ll learn more.
> > >
> > > Last update says that the maps have been handed out to final playtesting, which means that they’ve got a pool of good maps almost ready to roll out. They just want to make sure that they’re as good as possible. Including the spawning.
> > >
> > > I think they’re taking too long with the whole thing, but if it means that we get awesome, elaborate, and high quality Forge maps, then I can wait a couple more weeks or so.
> >
> >
> > Are we ever gonna get any non forged btb maps? Or is 343 not good enough to make good btb maps for halo 5?
>
>
> Well, this community seems to think that they’re too incompetent to make good Arena maps, right? That seems to be the sentiment, anyway. Forge maps don’t default to “Gray and boring” if the forger is creative enough. I’ve seen a few remakes that are actually quite amazing, and elaborately thought out. Guillotine and Recurve give them a bad name.
>
> As for me wanting any non-forged BTB maps? Of course I would want a few, or one at least. But based on the above statement, maybe it should be a remake/slight-but-faithful-remix, like Sandtrap. I say that one in particular because we don’t have (any) sand environments.

Correction the arena maps have been more thought out than any past Halo. While past Halo’s did create some memorable greats like sanctuary, 343i have been working hard to make each map flow differently, have opportunities for creative thinking, many jumps and great flow like in Empire and Torque. H5 is well focused on the e-sports scene. Saying that most of the Halo 5 maps are not memorable is a weak statement. Empire is well better than lockout (although I like it), because the flow in Empire is great and does not have the opportunities for players to camp it out like in the lockout tower, giving it a constant fast paced flow.

> 2533274802574490;6:
> Fingers crossed we get original maps and not forged bs.

They won’t be original they are community forged maps. 343i does not have a dedicated btb team, only warzone and arena teams and UI. The community maps will still be great, but you never know we could one day get a proper btb package once the main maps in warzone and arena in these free updates are complete

> 2533274831534658;1:
> Not a single new map has been added to BTB since it was added, and it doesn’t have a single non forge map either. Is 343 gonna do anything about this?

Actually they’ve… added Etombed and Antifreeze since it came out (barfs intensely)