So Bungie gave us a Slayer playlist without Armor Lock...

Could we get one before Halo 4 that lacks Jetpacks?
Anniversary gets really dull because it only has 4 maps to choose from ever, and literally every other playlist in this game that features Slayer has Jetpack at the same time.

I’d love to go a week without actually have to worry about a pixie flying above my head and raining Rockets down onto my helpless body as I helplessly try to run away. Just once would I like to play a proper game on Reflection, and not have to hope I get red team right away. I’d adore actually being able to keep map control because my team is better, and not have to worry about some thumbless kid fly above my head, spraying his AR.(Jetpack ascends faster than any sensitivity below 5. I’m afraid I play on 4.)

It is so impossible to avoid this blatantly OP starting equipment. There is no good reason for it to exist in the game at all, and it just ruins Double Team and The Arena. There really needs to be a sanctuary for Bumper Jumpers like me, so I don’t have to worry about people abusing their magic flying backpacks.

[deleted]

> Loadouts… lol.

Yeah. It would be nice for a gametype without AAs.

Yeah - jetpack sucks. I can’t believe it’s still in 2v2. Then again, I can’t believe AL is in Rumble Pit either.

Bungie added jetpack and the rest of the AA garbage so that everybody would get sick of halo and go buy whatever game they are working on now.

> Bungie added jetpack and the rest of the AA garbage so that everybody would get sick of halo and go buy whatever game they are working on now.

Opposite effect on me. Nobody cared about Bungie before Halo, nobody cares post-Halo. After seeing what 343 is willing to do with the TU(and having Frankie there), I have high hopes for Halo 4.

I just expect Reach 2 from Bungie.

> Could we get one before Halo 4 that lacks Jetpacks?
> Anniversary gets really dull because it only has 4 maps to choose from ever, and literally every other playlist in this game that features Slayer has Jetpack at the same time.
>
> I’d love to go a week without actually have to worry about a pixie flying above my head and raining Rockets down onto my helpless body as I helplessly try to run away. Just once would I like to play a proper game on Reflection, and not have to hope I get red team right away. I’d adore actually being able to keep map control because my team is better, and not have to worry about some thumbless kid fly above my head, spraying his AR.(Jetpack ascends faster than any sensitivity below 5. I’m afraid I play on 4.)
>
> It is so impossible to avoid this blatantly OP starting equipment. There is no good reason for it to exist in the game at all, and it just ruins Double Team and The Arena. <mark>There really needs to be a sanctuary for Bumper Jumpers like me, so I don’t have to worry about people abusing their magic flying backpacks.</mark>

I have heard of just such a place, I think what you are looking for is here. You are welcome =)

> I have heard of just such a place, I think what you are looking for is here. You are welcome =)

Post-Patch Reach w/o AA’s and w/ better maps > Halo 3

> > Could we get one before Halo 4 that lacks Jetpacks?
> > Anniversary gets really dull because it only has 4 maps to choose from ever, and literally every other playlist in this game that features Slayer has Jetpack at the same time.
> >
> > I’d love to go a week without actually have to worry about a pixie flying above my head and raining Rockets down onto my helpless body as I helplessly try to run away. Just once would I like to play a proper game on Reflection, and not have to hope I get red team right away. I’d adore actually being able to keep map control because my team is better, and not have to worry about some thumbless kid fly above my head, spraying his AR.(Jetpack ascends faster than any sensitivity below 5. I’m afraid I play on 4.)
> >
> > It is so impossible to avoid this blatantly OP starting equipment. There is no good reason for it to exist in the game at all, and it just ruins Double Team and The Arena. <mark>There really needs to be a sanctuary for Bumper Jumpers like me, so I don’t have to worry about people abusing their magic flying backpacks.</mark>
>
> I have heard of just such a place, I think what you are looking for is here. You are welcome =)

Why can’t I have a consistent, hitscan weapon without Jetpacks?

> > I have heard of just such a place, I think what you are looking for is here. You are welcome =)
>
> Post-Patch Reach w/o AA’s and w/ better maps > Halo 3

AA are the best part for me, when Halo 3 is still online why should features that make this game unique be stripped away for players that openly hate a product? The JP in this game is the best implementation of simulated personal flight in combat, I have ever seen, I am deeply troubled that so many hardcore gamers are so locked into a old mindset, that the first thing out of their mouth when anything new comes along is “remove it, make it like it was!”.

Think of it like this, Halo 2 had a completely different controller than Halo 3 due to platform change, just that in its self will change the game. FPS wont be as pure as they were before simply because the platforms on which they are being presented on are changing so much. Will AA be in Halo 4? Dont know, Im thinking not as the more I see and hear about Frank, the more I think he believes more along the lines of the OP, AA are an abomination and they will be removed in at least the current form from the upcoming release.

Fair warning, it will most likely be something completely new that is going to enrage a new group of hardcore fans with the next release, I hope it is not that 343 does not reissue Halo 3 with an updated skin, cause that would be a mistake and cause far more damage than trying to expand gameplay beyond pick-up powers =/

> > > I have heard of just such a place, I think what you are looking for is here. You are welcome =)
> >
> > Post-Patch Reach w/o AA’s and w/ better maps > Halo 3
>
> AA are the best part for me, when Halo 3 is still online why should features that make this game unique be stripped away for players that openly hate a product? The JP in this game is the best implementation of simulated personal flight in combat, I have ever seen, I am deeply troubled that so many hardcore gamers are so locked into a old mindset, that the first thing out of their mouth when anything new comes along is “remove it, make it like it was!”.
>
> Think of it like this, Halo 2 had a completely different controller than Halo 3 due to platform change, just that in its self will change the game. FPS wont be as pure as they were before simply because the platforms on which they are being presented on are changing so much. Will AA be in Halo 4? Dont know, Im thinking not as the more I see and here about Frank, the more I think he believes more along the lines of the OP, AA are an abomination and they will be removed in at least the current form from the upcoming release.
>
> Fair warning, it will most likely be something completely new that is going to enrage a new group of hardcore fans with the next release, I hope it is not that 343 does not reissue Halo 3 with an updated skin, cause that would be a mistake and cause far more damage than trying to expand gameplay beyond pick-up powers =/

So I’m just not allowed to play without having to face kids flying around every game? Since Jetpack is in literally every possible playlist that features Slayer.

> So I’m just not allowed to play without having to face kids flying around every game? Since Jetpack is in literally every possible playlist that features Slayer.

There are playlist that dont have JP and on the other side of the coin, is somebody that likes JP not allowed to enjoy the feature they like in the game it was designed for?

You find it frustrating that you may not play the game without having to deal with the very thing that makes Reach Reach, AA, try liking the AA and not being able to play with them in what is supposed to be a competition for Reach, thats frustrating as well.

> > So I’m just not allowed to play without having to face kids flying around every game? Since Jetpack is in literally every possible playlist that features Slayer.
>
> There are playlist that dont have JP and on the other side of the coin, is somebody that likes JP not allowed to enjoy the feature they like in the game it was designed for?
>
> You find it frustrating that you may not play the game without having to deal with the very thing that makes Reach Reach, AA, try liking the AA and not being able to play with them in what is supposed to be a competition for Reach, thats frustrating as well.

What Slayer playlist lacks Jetpacks? Aside from Anniversary, since I get bored of the same 3 maps all day. Every other Slayer playlist has Jetpacks, why can’t I get away from them in just one playlist?

Jetpack is blatantly OP, and I’m not going to go into detail as to why it is here. I’m not even sure what you are trying to say in that last paragraph. Why should I try liking something I physically can’t use, and overpowers every AA, and breaks every map?

Easy solution would be to add some variety to the gametypes and have some that have reduced AAs. Could even get some use out of the lesser used AAs like hologram and drop shield that way. Might need to load-out with an EMP capable weapon for taking down bubbles, but that’s variety.

> Easy solution would be to add some variety to the gametypes and have some that have reduced AAs. Could even get some use out of the lesser used AAs like hologram and drop shield that way. Might need to load-out with an EMP capable weapon for taking down bubbles, but that’s variety.

No EMP weapon just for noob combo-ing.
I want just a playlist without Jetpack, not the chance of getting a gametype lacking it.

> No EMP weapon just for noob combo-ing.

Grenade launcher? (and noob comboing is a legitimate strategy - if you don’t see the ball of green light floating towards you, that’s a lack of situational awareness. If it was a rocket you’d be dead even sooner.)

> I want just a playlist without Jetpack, not the chance of getting a gametype lacking it.

If you had to compromise though… and jetpack doesn’t have to be in the majority of gametypes - there are already a few without it such as Slayer Pro.

> What Slayer playlist lacks Jetpacks? Aside from Anniversary, since I get bored of the same 3 maps all day. Every other Slayer playlist has Jetpacks, why can’t I get away from them in just one playlist?

SWAT for starters and also does MLG have JP currently as a pickup power and does that scenerio make it better for you?

> Jetpack is blatantly OP, and I’m not going to go into detail as to why it is here.

I am familiar with the reasons and would like to add, thats what happens when you take invis and AL out of the game, another AA becomes the new “OP” game breaking mechanic, whats next holo being OP?

> I’m not even sure what you are trying to say in that last paragraph.

That you dont like gameplay with JP,I get it.

> Why should I try liking something I physically can’t use

You can use it if you want and the reason you would want to use it is to win, simple as that. Would you have laid down the CE pistol and said “not going to use it, too OP”?

> overpowers every AA, and breaks every map?

AL, bubble shield and even evade are counters to JP, if even one was there, it would reduce JPs domination in Arena, but JP being removed is more likely than any of those AA being included. Thats just my impression of the current direction of Reach, so take heart, it could actually happen, you never know.

> > No EMP weapon just for noob combo-ing.
>
> Grenade launcher? (and noob comboing is a legitimate strategy - if you don’t see the ball of green light floating towards you, that’s a lack of situational awareness. If it was a rocket you’d be dead even sooner.)

No thank you. I don’t want to spawn with a power weapon. DMR/AR would be just fine.

> > I want just a playlist without Jetpack, not the chance of getting a gametype lacking it.
>
> If you had to compromise though… and jetpack doesn’t have to be in the majority of gametypes - there are already a few without it such as Slayer Pro.

A few, that rarely come up. I want a place to go and be rid of Jetpacks completely. This shouldn’t even be a compromise. Jetpack just has no place in this game, plain and simple.

> > What Slayer playlist lacks Jetpacks? Aside from Anniversary, since I get bored of the same 3 maps all day. Every other Slayer playlist has Jetpacks, why can’t I get away from them in just one playlist?
>
> SWAT for starters and also does MLG have JP currently as a pickup power and does that scenerio make it better for you?
> Nope, MLG is specific settings, and SWAT is just lolno. If I said that Vanilla would only be featured in Invasion, would you mind?
>
>
>
> > Jetpack is blatantly OP, and I’m not going to go into detail as to why it is here.
>
> I am familiar with the reasons and would like to add, thats what happens when you take invis and AL out of the game, another AA becomes the new “OP” game breaking mechanic, whats next holo being OP?
> Nope, Hologram is the only AA that is fine, if anything a bit UP. The only AA that isn’t OP.
>
>
>
> > Why should I try liking something I physically can’t use
>
> You can use it if you want and the reason you would want to use it is to win, simple as that. Would you have laid down the CE pistol and said “not going to use it, too OP”?
> The difference being that I don’t have to adopt a new control scheme to be able to use a weapon.
>
>
>
> > overpowers every AA, and breaks every map?
>
> AL, bubble shield and even evade are counters to JP, if even one was there, it would reduce JPs domination in Arena, but JP being removed is more likely than any of those AA being included. Thats just my impression of the current direction of Reach, so take heart, it could actually happen, you never know.
> Drop Shield and Evade aren’t in Slayer. And AL is not a counter, since I can’t move, and they can fly away anyway. Maybe they can waste a Rocket on me, but when I pop out, they are still right above my head.

LOL, I wonder how many way we could write response, here we go =)

> > > What Slayer playlist lacks Jetpacks? Aside from Anniversary, since I get bored of the same 3 maps all day. Every other Slayer playlist has Jetpacks, why can’t I get away from them in just one playlist?
> >
> > SWAT for starters and also does MLG have JP currently as a pickup power and does that scenerio make it better for you?
> > Nope, MLG is specific settings, and SWAT is just lolno. If I said that Vanilla would only be featured in Invasion, would you mind?<mark>I dont play invasion and have no desire to, so whatever anybody that plays wants, is fine with me.</mark>
> >
> >
> >
> > > Jetpack is blatantly OP, and I’m not going to go into detail as to why it is here.
> >
> > I am familiar with the reasons and would like to add, thats what happens when you take invis and AL out of the game, another AA becomes the new “OP” game breaking mechanic, whats next holo being OP?
> > Nope, Hologram is the only AA that is fine, if anything a bit UP. The only AA that isn’t OP.<mark>Thats because it is the weakest, so guys that dont like AA say “look, it has sprint and holo so it still has AA, its Reach”. Dude, those are the bottom of the food chain when it comes to AA,some of the best things about sprint is you get map position and power weapons first, but then you have to deal with people that can fly are invis and use AL and being able to run fast really only allows you to escape faster once the fight begins.</mark>
> >
> >
> >
> > > Why should I try liking something I physically can’t use
> >
> > You can use it if you want and the reason you would want to use it is to win, simple as that. Would you have laid down the CE pistol and said “not going to use it, too OP”?
> > The difference being that I don’t have to adopt a new control scheme to be able to use a weapon.<mark>When Halo went from 2 to 3 it had a completely different controller, didnt stop many people from switching up, if you are holding onto a particular controller scheme I would highly suggest switching to default with the 4 transition.</mark>
> >
> >
> >
> > > overpowers every AA, and breaks every map?
> >
> > AL, bubble shield and even evade are counters to JP, if even one was there, it would reduce JPs domination in Arena, but JP being removed is more likely than any of those AA being included. Thats just my impression of the current direction of Reach, so take heart, it could actually happen, you never know.
> > Drop Shield and Evade aren’t in Slayer. And AL is not a counter, since I can’t move, and they can fly away anyway. Maybe they can waste a Rocket on me, but when I pop out, they are still right above my head.

<mark>Trust me, when a JP takes the time to stare at an object for even a second that make a huge difference, I do it all the time. Its the best when they run out of fuel and land near me and POP, EMP melee, move on to the next player =). Also I would like to say that with the TU, JPing real high on just about any map, now, not so good of an idea(85% bloom sees to that).</mark>