So bored of playing forge maps.....

My biggest problem with reach it that all the maps you play on now are all from forge.

Don’t get me wrong a couple of them are not that bad. But I have all the dlc maps, which in my opinion are so of the best maps on the game but I only get to play them in one playlist. They never seam to come up in arena. Just getting bored of all the maps looking the same.

Just wish 343 would make more playlists that require you to have the dlc maps like halo 3 did.

Surely most of the people still playing reach has some if not all the dlc.
That said. I do still enjoy playing reach. Just wish the maps were more varied.

What do you all think.

> My biggest problem with reach it that all the maps you play on now are all from forge… Just getting bored of all the maps looking the same… That said. I do still enjoy playing reach. Just wish the maps were more varied.

So a well done map to you isn’t one that; - works well, - has good map-flow, - or one that is perfectly balanced. But one that “looks pretty”?

That’s not what I’m saying. I did say that some of them i dont mind. Theres nothing wrong with the maps, im just fed up with running around on the same gray blocks, looking at the same gray walls.

All the maps are well balanced and thats good. But all the dlc maps are well balanced and look alot better to

surely I’m not alone in wanting to play more of the maps I payed for?

> urely I’m not alone in wanting to play more of the maps I paid for?
[/quote]
I am pretty sure that you’re alone in being part of the small group that brought the DLC.

Then I would say buy them, because they are some of the best maps on reach.

> > My biggest problem with reach it that all the maps you play on now are all from forge… Just getting bored of all the maps looking the same… That said. I do still enjoy playing reach. Just wish the maps were more varied.
>
> So a well done map to you isn’t one that; - works well, - has good map-flow, - or one that is perfectly balanced. But one that “looks pretty”?

But the problem is all they’re all horrible as well as ugly.

And yes, the aesthetics of the map has a huge effect on your mood while playing a game, even if you don’t realise it.

> Then I would say buy them, because they are some of the best maps on reach.

The DLC maps aren’t used in Competitive Halo. Don’t want or need them.

> But the problem is all they’re all horrible as well as ugly.

No. No they aren’t.

> And yes, the aesthetics of the map has a huge effect on your mood while playing a game, even if you don’t realise it.

No. No it doesn’t.

its gameplay over looks, they have the same color scheme but they all play differently.

though, most of the forged maps in matchmaking play like garbage, they really need an update.

Maybe they would not be so bad if you could maybe pick a theme before you started making you map. Like either forerunner, covernant or UNSC. So they at least looked different from every map

Maybe that’s something they could look at for halo 4.

But give me a map like Boardwalk or even sword base any day over any forge map.

@OP: Maybe you should try my custom map, it don’t have anything but some green to deter your curve. Goal is to survive.

Map: Exploding Sky
Gametype: Lava

Its quite fun, even if its just you, but you should have 2 or 4 players per team. My frineds played it and loved it.

Its not in multiplayer matchmaking because all my maps aren’t good enough apparently or etc. Like I care, I build maps for me to play and anyone else who wants to have fun.

You’ll have to search via xbox though as waypoint hasn’t picked up our fileshares yet for who knows why.

> > > And yes, the aesthetics of the map has a huge effect on your mood while playing a game, even if you don’t realise it.
> >
> > No. No it doesn’t.
>
> It’s more than aesthetics. It’s all about knowing where you are in a map.
> And frankly sometimes the forge map layouts can seem to blend together or seem misleading for some players, especially when they are completely enclosed.
>
> Besides people like variety and keeping things fresh. It’s as simple as that.

i think they need more forge maps. the proper maps look good and play well but most community forge maps play much better and dont look too bad

> > > > And yes, the aesthetics of the map has a huge effect on your mood while playing a game, even if you don’t realise it.
> > >
> > > No. No it doesn’t.
> >
> > It’s more than aesthetics. It’s all about knowing where you are in a map.
> > And frankly sometimes the forge map layouts can seem to blend together for some players, especially when they are completely enclosed.
> >
> > People like variety. It’s as simple as that.
>
> That’s what I mean. Glad someone agrees with me.

I have to agree somewhat. On some of the maps, it is almost impossible to pick up the blue players against the grey walls when they are in shadow.

What happened to Map creativity? Would millions play CoD if you ran around on grey blocks lolololol…

> What happened to Map creativity? Would millions play CoD if you ran around on grey blocks lolololol…

Yes. They do. Except for GREY blocks. It’s mostly BROWN blocks.

Trident and Wayont are completely horrible. They don’t add anything unique/different to the game, and they are visually unpleasing.