so... Are Forerunner flood a possibility?

Imagine the sheer awesomeness of infected flood! My question is, is it canonically possible? Are the forerunner to advanced to be entirely controlled by the flood?

They can be infected by the Flood.

Who knows? Anything is possible. Maybe Forerunners took some Flood with them to continue study and research to find better ways of destroying them than the rings, and then they could accidentally get released again in a firefight by MC the same way Marines did in Halo 1.

> Who knows? Anything is possible. Maybe Forerunners took some Flood with them to continue study and research to find better ways of destroying them than the rings, and then they could accidentally get released again in a firefight by MC the same way Marines did in Halo 1.

I think that’s why the put Flood on the Halos and kept it automated, so an outbreak couldn’t occur. Delta Halo being the exception because it’s Monitor sucks at his job.

> > Who knows? Anything is possible. Maybe Forerunners took some Flood with them to continue study and research to find better ways of destroying them than the rings, and then they could accidentally get released again in a firefight by MC the same way Marines did in Halo 1.
>
> I think that’s why the put Flood on the Halos and kept it automated, so an outbreak couldn’t occur. Delta Halo being the exception because it’s Monitor sucks at his job.

I have a honest question, did we actually destroy all of the flood and the covenant? I don’t believe we truly finished the fight, we did tie in some major loose ends however.

> > > Who knows? Anything is possible. Maybe Forerunners took some Flood with them to continue study and research to find better ways of destroying them than the rings, and then they could accidentally get released again in a firefight by MC the same way Marines did in Halo 1.
> >
> > I think that’s why the put Flood on the Halos and kept it automated, so an outbreak couldn’t occur. Delta Halo being the exception because it’s Monitor sucks at his job.
>
> I have a honest question, did we actually destroy all of the flood and the covenant? I don’t believe we truly finished the fight, we did tie in some major loose ends however.

The Flood is still around and will as long as the Timeless One lives. As for the Covenant, the organization does not exist anymore. However, the member races survive, but the Prophets are in very low numbers, barely 1000 remain, and the Brutes and Elites continue to fight. But that is a conflict for the books.

That would be… awesome.

I hope not, I don’t really want flood again.

> > > Who knows? Anything is possible. Maybe Forerunners took some Flood with them to continue study and research to find better ways of destroying them than the rings, and then they could accidentally get released again in a firefight by MC the same way Marines did in Halo 1.
> >
> > I think that’s why the put Flood on the Halos and kept it automated, so an outbreak couldn’t occur. Delta Halo being the exception because it’s Monitor sucks at his job.
>
> I have a honest question, did we actually destroy all of the flood and the covenant? I don’t believe we truly finished the fight, we did tie in some major loose ends however.

The flood on the ark were wiped out. They still exist elsewhere in the galaxy. As far as we know they may only be on the Halo installations but, as Halo Wars showed us, they could be elsewhere as well. As for the Covenant. They suffered heavy losses and most likely retreated. The Prophets have gone into hiding but it’s possible that a few could be trying to restore the Covenant to it’s former glory with the other species. It has been suggested that the grunts and hunters are somewhat divided. The Jackals are most likely on their own right now, unless the brutes are paying them. The brutes are still engaging the elites in battle, their exact numbers are unknown but presumed to be dwindling. The engineers are being fought over as the elites need them to help with their technology. Glasslands will give us a much better idea of the Covenant situation as well as giving us some indication as to what their role, if any, will be in Halo 4

OT: I think it’s a possible that we could see forerunner flood. We are on a forerunner planet and I believe that we’ll be fighting the flood again.

> >
>

The Covenant was eventually disbanded after the Elites beat them to a pulp. The Flood is still around the galaxy though.

> Imagine the sheer awesomeness of infected flood!

Erm.

Whether people like it or not, The Flood is a very intimate part of the Halo canon. It’s because of their existence that the Halo Array exists. I may be part of a small minority but I find The Flood… fascinating. If you think about it they are absolutely terrifying: a truly alien race that becomes a twisted perversion of anything you knew and loved, and utilizes your own knowledge and secrets against you. While I don’t think we’ve seen the last of The Flood I believe they will have developed and evolved more like in Halo 3. Who knows what 343i is planning on in this regard?

I’d say it’s definitely a possibility.

maybe different types of flood depending on species captured. These could look like gears of war lambent. with different species and different powers. Some are tanks some are not. Also the chance of new sentinels coming into the games. Although if there are friendlies i hope they upgrade the friendly ai’s

is it possible gravemind is the timeless one, i know there is more than one grave mind but i dont think the can talk and are all knowing like the one from halo 1-3

> I think that’s why the put Flood on the Halos and kept it automated, so an outbreak couldn’t occur. Delta Halo being the exception because it’s Monitor sucks at his job.

Be fair, 2401 Penitent Tangent managed to secure the Flood behind the Sentinel Wall before he was captured by the Gravemind. Of course, that didn’t stop the Gravemind from putting his malevolent tentacles in places they didn’t belong, such as under that large lake… granted, that wasn’t too far from the Library anyway.

The whole story of Halo Delta fasinates me, but marines didnt activate the flood on Halo 1, the covenant did, trying to find the library, they accidently opened there holding tubes or cages or whatever there called.

That was my piece lol.