So apparently there will be Halo:CE multiplayer after all.

So I just got done listening to the Rebel FM gaming podcast and one of the hosts who is also an editor for IGN (Arthur Gies) played Halo Anniversary recently, and while he didn’t give specifics he did say that people should stop complaining the multiplayer being just Reach’s MP until we see the game at PAX. So basically he all but confirmed there will be Halo:CE multiplayer in the game.

If you want to hear it yourself the episode is Episode 110 and he starts talking about Anniversary at about 37 minutes into the podcast.

P.S. Sorry if old.

EDIT: here’s a direct link: Rebel FM

Well it won’t have it’s own multiplayer, instead there will be a new(classic)playlist you can play through Reach with the new maps :slight_smile:

I am aware of that, but according to Mr. Gies there is more to it. Just putting this info out there.

It’ll probably have CE multiplayer, but my money is on 343 leaving out matchmaking.

Having two games from the same company competing for population isn’t a good idea unless you’re a huge company with guaranteed millions pouring in every year, a la Activision.

> Well it won’t have it’s own multiplayer, instead there will be a new(classic)playlist you can play through Reach with the new maps :slight_smile:

This.

> I am aware of that, but according to Mr. Gies there is more to it. Just putting this info out there.

I’m sure that the coming TU for Reach will give the multiplayer some more options so it resembles the Classic game style a bit more but we won’t likely see the original CE Multiplayer making an comeback

I think what he meant by “Stop whinning” is that the CE multiplayer for Reach will put all of those whiners to shame or at least put them at ease a bit. That’s what I got from it anyway.

> I think what he meant by “Stop whinning” is that the CE multiplayer for Reach will put all of those whiners to shame or at least put them at ease a bit. That’s what I got from it anyway.

What? You can’t put half of the games population to ‘shame’ just for wanting a better MM experience. And even so, at one game transition or another you were ‘whining’ about something you didn’t like. Unless you started with Reach, in which case none of your opinions concerning past Halo games or their players are valid. But the thing is here on Waypoint, is that people actually give feedback, and you say whining?

What does that mean? Can I have my overpowered pistol without bloom and AAs on those maps?

> It’ll probably have CE multiplayer, but my money is on 343 leaving out matchmaking.
>
> Having two games from the same company competing for population isn’t a good idea unless you’re a huge company with guaranteed millions pouring in every year, a la Activision.

Like Microsoft isn’t?

> > Well it won’t have it’s own multiplayer, instead there will be a new(classic)playlist you can play through Reach with the new maps :slight_smile:
>
> This.

Will there be only one playlist? I hoping there’s going to be at least a few “classic” playlists.

> > > Well it won’t have it’s own multiplayer, instead there will be a new(classic)playlist you can play through Reach with the new maps :slight_smile:
> >
> > This.
>
> Will there be only one playlist? I hoping there’s going to be at least a few “classic” playlists.

I’d guess four would be the minimum: Team Slayer, Team Objective, FFA, and Firefight.

you can play the maps off halo cea putting you automatically into the classic playlist.
If you don’t want this then you can go to reach and play them on there giving you forge and customs to play around on them.

> Well it won’t have it’s own multiplayer, instead there will be a new(classic)playlist you can play through Reach with the new maps :slight_smile:

new? classic? unless i see the bloom gone. i will never get a classic feeling of Halo.

> > Well it won’t have it’s own multiplayer, instead there will be a new(classic)playlist you can play through Reach with the new maps :slight_smile:
>
> new? classic? unless i see the bloom gone. i will never get a classic feeling of Halo.

considering mods have already taken bloom off reach id say 343 is more than capable of removing bloom. I just wish someone from 343 would confirm so i can go out and preorder 2 copies in excitement for HCEA (one for my collection and one to play)

Possible reference to the fact that 343 might possibly be replacing the reach weapons with CEA weapons while still using the reach engine.

> Possible reference to the fact that 343 might possibly be replacing the reach weapons with CEA weapons while still using the reach engine.

Thats further hinted at the fact that CEA doesnt come with Reach maps since “new” weapons would have to be programmed into the maps.

that doesnt mean they cant be reach maps.
You can replace the models and sounds, but still have it in the reach engine.

> > Possible reference to the fact that 343 might possibly be replacing the reach weapons with CEA weapons while still using the reach engine.
>
> Thats further hinted at the fact that CEA doesnt come with Reach maps since “new” weapons would have to be programmed into the maps.

I doubt it for some reason. I’d love to be proven wrong, but until I see proof I don’t see it happening.

> > Well it won’t have it’s own multiplayer, instead there will be a new(classic)playlist you can play through Reach with the new maps :slight_smile:
>
> This.

My money is that they will make it so that bloom and such can be a gametype option, so you can choose between the old bloomless AAless Halo that we new before Reach, and Reach’s multiplayer.