So , anyone want Ranked back ?

I saw this thread ( http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/16420.aspx? ) and I like it .

Can we have a place to play Ranked PlaylistS ? (emphasis on the “S”) After that can we fix the problem of “How to balance the AA’s in said Ranked Playlists ?” . I say simple , just have 2 AA’s as pick-ups . Armor Lock is now reasonable to be used . The player now fought for , found , or Timed the AA . He put in effort to gain the ability to fight another day , just as someone put in effort to gain the Rocket Launcher and the abililty to blow the crap out of anyone with a basic starting weapon .

The Hologram , Active Camo , Jet pack , and even the Drop Shield can now all be used almost evenly . When there’s only 2 on the map , you’ll take what you can get .

I just think this will be a better idea to achieve a perfect mix between “Classic” Halos and Reach’s New and updated gameplay .

I love what you said and I totally agree with it all lol

I disagree with using the AAs as pickups, I’d much rather see powerups like active camo and overshield back.

But hell yeah I’d like ranked playlists back.

I like Reach how it is. Personally, I’m pretty burnt out on the Halo 3 formula. That’s just me. To each their own. But if Halo goes backwards, I’ll start exploring other gaming options. I’ve been playing Halo since HC3 and I’m burnt out. I know many people fear the change of Reach and I can understand some complaints, but I love the “Shadowrun” feel of Reach and the ever changing dynamics it brings to gameplay.

> I like Reach how it is. Personally, I’m pretty burnt out on the Halo 3 formula. That’s just me. To each their own. But if Halo goes backwards, I’ll start exploring other gaming options. I’ve been playing Halo since HC3 and I’m burnt out. I know many people fear the change of Reach and I can understand some complaints, but I love the “Shadowrun” feel of Reach and the ever changing dynamics it brings to gameplay.

I find this to be a step forward . The competitive side of the community needs something , anything for that matter . Now if we do get multiple Ranked playlists , the problem will now turn into people crying about the AA’s . They’ll cry about Armor Lock , Active Camo , Evade and Jet Pack ; Crying about how they’re Over-Powered . 2 are rendered useless ; Hologram and Drop Shield . That leaves just Sprint , where’s the diversity now ? All AA’s for pick-ups including Sprint . If you start with Sprint the AA’s on the map will be much less appealing seeing as you already spawn with an ability . It just seems like the only logical way for Ranked to go .

Not that it matters but ill take the Arena Ranking System just as long as we can have more then just 1 playlist .

> I disagree with using the AAs as pickups, I’d much rather see powerups like active camo and overshield back.
>
> But hell yeah I’d like ranked playlists back.

Armor Lock and Active Camo can give the desired effect .

But I understand where you’re coming from . But this is still Reach we’re talking about . Let it have it’s “innovation”, we just have to find a way to make it competitive for the first time in its existence .

For MLG, I say yes there should be a sort of ranking system. It is how they mentally operate and as a fellow community group, they could use some attention with how they like to do things.

Yes I want ranked playlist back. I would also like it if your rank was shown across all playlist simply by looking at the player. I think its nice that other people can see what you’ve achieved and tell whether or not the person their playing against is any good. And as for AA’s that’s been my thought on them since day one. Sprint isn’t that bad, but the others can be aggrivating, so I think making the AA’s pickups would balance them more. I’m not saying make them pickups in social playlist though, just ranked. I think doing that in ranked playlist could give the playlist a competitive balance.

i could care less about rank or ranked…

JUST GIVE ME OPPONENTS AND TEAMMATES MY SKILL LEVEL.

apparently thats too much to ask from bungie. lol.

> i could care less about rank or ranked…
>
> JUST GIVE ME OPPONENTS AND TEAMMATES MY SKILL LEVEL.
>
> apparently thats too much to ask from bungie. lol.

Want opponents and teammates at your skill level go into ranked then. Oh wait you can’t. And yeah it’s pretty hard to ask that from bungie when they no longer oversee Halo.

For MLG yes, but for Arena I want my division sysmbol to be visible in every other playlist.

> Yes I want ranked playlist back. I would also like it if your rank was shown across all playlist simply by looking at the player. I think its nice that other people can see what you’ve achieved and tell whether or not the person their playing against is any good. And as for AA’s that’s been my thought on them since day one. Sprint isn’t that bad, but the others can be aggrivating, so I think making the AA’s pickups would balance them more. I’m not saying make them pickups in social playlist though, just ranked. I think doing that in ranked playlist could give the playlist a competitive balance.

See , when i first got the game I thought that too. (Ranked playlists were gonna be AA’s as Pick-ups) But that day never came . Since this game came out I’ve been forced to play in the Halo 3 equivalent of Social Playlists . That is not at all fair to the competitive community . Even MLG is slowly turning away from Halo as a competitive shooter .

> I saw this thread ( http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/16420.aspx? ) and I like it .
>
> Can we have a place to play Ranked PlaylistS ? (emphasis on the “S”) After that can we fix the problem of “How to balance the AA’s in said Ranked Playlists ?” . I say simple , just have 2 AA’s as pick-ups . Armor Lock is now reasonable to be used . The player now fought for , found , or Timed the AA . He put in effort to gain the ability to fight another day , just as someone put in effort to gain the Rocket Launcher and the abililty to blow the crap out of anyone with a basic starting weapon .
>
> The Hologram , Active Camo , Jet pack , and even the Drop Shield can now all be used almost evenly . When there’s only 2 on the map , you’ll take what you can get .
>
> I just think this will be a better idea to achieve a perfect mix between “Classic” Halos and Reach’s New and updated gameplay .

NO.

Competive Halo MM gets boring fast with no 1 - 50. It always has and always will.

yes. Then, we can actually have an incentive to keep playing.

Timeout! There is no reason for such hatefulness, Gentlemen. You both know who I’m talking to. I’ve seen and read a lot of items concerning ranked playlists in Reach, but I am for from an expert. Almost always, however, the issue boils down to gamers requesting two items: gameplay variety and visual recognition. Remedy those two items, and we’re golden.

Toss in some objective matches, different spawn weapons, alternate gametypes, and even smaller (larger) party matches (BTB Arena) into ranked. Variety is the spice of life. Once that is all ironed out (or before then), make the ranked visual representations (Onyx and the like) more visible for all to see. There’s a group of gamers that love comparing their stats to one another in competitions. That was one of the reasons people loved 1-50.

I won’t claim that a similar solution like this one would solve all the issues people have with Reach matchmaking, but I know it will help alleviate the stress. Although various parties tend to stay stonewalled in their camps, compromise is the key here as in most all cases. Keep the Reach system, toss in some variety, and make the visual representations more visible. Do that, and you can keep everyone satisfied.

-Always Hope

Edit - Added Clarification

> > I saw this thread ( http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/16420.aspx? ) and I like it .
> >
> > Can we have a place to play Ranked PlaylistS ? (emphasis on the “S”) After that can we fix the problem of “How to balance the AA’s in said Ranked Playlists ?” . I say simple , just have 2 AA’s as pick-ups . Armor Lock is now reasonable to be used . The player now fought for , found , or Timed the AA . He put in effort to gain the ability to fight another day , just as someone put in effort to gain the Rocket Launcher and the abililty to blow the crap out of anyone with a basic starting weapon .
> >
> > The Hologram , Active Camo , Jet pack , and even the Drop Shield can now all be used almost evenly . When there’s only 2 on the map , you’ll take what you can get .
> >
> > I just think this will be a better idea to achieve a perfect mix between “Classic” Halos and Reach’s New and updated gameplay .
>
> NO.

Only one sentence in that article had to do with the topic . I’m talking gameplay and playlist structure bro , not the Rank system .
Use Arenas system . Trying for multiple Onyx would be fun .

> Timeout! There is no reason for such hatefulness, Gentlemen. You both know who I’m talking to. I’ve seen and read a lot of items concerning ranked playlists in Reach, but I am for from an expert. Almost always, however, the issue boils down to gamers requesting two items: gameplay variety and visual recognition. Remedy those two items, and we’re golden.
>
> Toss in some objective matches, different spawn weapons, alternate gametypes, and even smaller (larger) party matches (BTB Arena) into ranked. Variety is the spice of life. Once that is all ironed out (or before then), make the ranked visual representations (Onyx and the like) more visible for all to see. There’s a group of gamers that love comparing their stats to one another in competitions. That was one of the reasons people loved 1-50.
>
> I won’t claim that a similar solution like this one would solve all the issues people have with Reach matchmaking, but I know it will help alleviate the stress. Although various parties tend to stay stonewalled in their camps, compromise is the key here as in most all cases. Keep the Reach system, toss in some variety, and make the visual representations more visible. Do that, and you can keep everyone satisfied.
>
> -Always Hope
>
>
> Edit - Added Clarification

Thank you . Last 2 sentences are so right .

> > > I saw this thread ( http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/16420.aspx? ) and I like it .
> > >
> > > Can we have a place to play Ranked PlaylistS ? (emphasis on the “S”) After that can we fix the problem of “How to balance the AA’s in said Ranked Playlists ?” . I say simple , just have 2 AA’s as pick-ups . Armor Lock is now reasonable to be used . The player now fought for , found , or Timed the AA . He put in effort to gain the ability to fight another day , just as someone put in effort to gain the Rocket Launcher and the abililty to blow the crap out of anyone with a basic starting weapon .
> > >
> > > The Hologram , Active Camo , Jet pack , and even the Drop Shield can now all be used almost evenly . When there’s only 2 on the map , you’ll take what you can get .
> > >
> > > I just think this will be a better idea to achieve a perfect mix between “Classic” Halos and Reach’s New and updated gameplay .
> >
> > NO.
>
> Only one sentence in that article had to do with the topic . I’m talking gameplay and playlist structure bro , not the Rank system .
> Use Arenas system . Trying for multiple Onyx would be fun .
>
>
>
>
> > Timeout! There is no reason for such hatefulness, Gentlemen. You both know who I’m talking to. I’ve seen and read a lot of items concerning ranked playlists in Reach, but I am for from an expert. Almost always, however, the issue boils down to gamers requesting two items: gameplay variety and visual recognition. Remedy those two items, and we’re golden.
> >
> > Toss in some objective matches, different spawn weapons, alternate gametypes, and even smaller (larger) party matches (BTB Arena) into ranked. Variety is the spice of life. Once that is all ironed out (or before then), make the ranked visual representations (Onyx and the like) more visible for all to see. There’s a group of gamers that love comparing their stats to one another in competitions. That was one of the reasons people loved 1-50.
> >
> > I won’t claim that a similar solution like this one would solve all the issues people have with Reach matchmaking, but I know it will help alleviate the stress. Although various parties tend to stay stonewalled in their camps, compromise is the key here as in most all cases. Keep the Reach system, toss in some variety, and make the visual representations more visible. Do that, and you can keep everyone satisfied.
> >
> > -Always Hope
> >
> >
> > Edit - Added Clarification
>
> Thank you . Last 2 sentences are so right .

Whoa.

I approve.

I’ve always argued that AAs should be pick-up items… :frowning:

I’ve made this topic a couple times on B.Net . But it never gets the attention it deserves .

This wouldn’t even require a TU . Just put all AA’s as pick-ups (2 per map) and add more Arena Playlists such as;
FFA
Team Slayer
Squad Battle (5v5 or 6v6 Objective idc which)
Swat
Snipers
MLG
BTB (mix slayer and OBJ)
Doubles

Now we got Ranked Variety and some more balanced gameplay where AA’s aren’t spammed but instead found , fought for and earned . An earned Armor Lock will be much better then a whole team spamming it.

Imagine Sword Base with a Jet Pack and Sprint on the bottom floor , or Reflection with something like Armor Lock on one side and Drop Shield on another . Powerhouse with Evade and Jet Pack , Countdown with Hologram and Active Camo . I just think this’ll make the game more interesting , add some more fun and balance to the competitive side of this game that doesn’t even exist yet .

In like 2-3 weeks when I decide to pick up an Xbox again , if anyone’s down to find ways to test this out and get it to work you can send request to my GT . I’ll be sure to accept when I get on