So, any news on an update for theater mode?

because im playing through the series again and im on reach right now and im really enjoying watching myself play through the campaign, and ive been a little dissapointed with halo 4 since you know…no theater mode for campaign…so did they release that theater mode/clan update they were talking about back in november last year?

As far as I know, there are no plans to add support for Campaign or Spartan Ops in Theater mode. Hopefully, this is because they’re focused on making Halo 5 awesome.

> As far as I know, there are no plans to add support for Campaign or Spartan Ops in Theater mode. Hopefully, this is because they’re focused on making Halo 5 awesome.

I conquer with this statement.

As far as I know, a campaign theater mode just wasn’t in the design for Halo 4. But I think Halo 5 will definitely feature theater mode in campaign due to upgraded specs from the Xbox One.

Yeah, I think if they were going to update Theater mode, they would have done it by now.

Really hope Theater mode returns to campaign in the next game. I loved watching speedruns online for Reach and trying to blaze through the levels on my own. Speedruns for Halo 4 are slim pickings.

Not happening. 343 already gave word that campaign and Spartan ops won’t get support from theater.

> Not happening. 343 already gave word that campaign and Spartan ops won’t get support from theater.

Well that’s a bummer ):

They would rather work on new things than to take the old engine and try to modify it. In this case, theater.

> Not happening. 343 already gave word that campaign and Spartan ops won’t get support from theater.

Im not sure if 343 is being lazy or cheap about that…
That really bothers me though.

I have to say, not having a theater replay of SOps and the campaign really disappointed me. I use to spend hours playing Halo 3/ODST/Reach then spend just as long reviewing replays to see how bad I did.

I really hope that Theater in all aspects of the game return in the next game …

… if I get it. (its an xbox1 thing … not a halo gripe)

Nope.

I just hope it returns for Halo 5. Not being able to take pictures of Master Chief’s new armor, and all the characters, environments, scenes, and combat scenarios in Campaign and Spartan Ops was a huge disappointment.

I believe Theater in Halo 4 was unable to support Campaign and Spartan Ops because of something in the coding; they are very separate and different from the multiplayer. This is why the Champions DLC works in War Games but not Campaign and Spartan Ops.

> > Not happening. 343 already gave word that campaign and Spartan ops won’t get support from theater.
>
> Im not sure if 343 is being lazy or cheap about that…
> That really bothers me though.

Out of all the things that needs work, theater is low on my list for Halo 4. Probably the same for 343’s point of view.

1- it isn’t implemented in the first place, which would require time to make the UI support it.

2- Bugs will happen, making it longer to get it in.

3- Gameplay needs work as well. You can make theater work, but what good does it do if people aren’t interested in it?

I see it as they have a limited time to get it working between now and their next game. They also had a bunch of problems to deal with that as well. It boils down to which would keep players interested in. With SpOPs having a low population, it wouldn’t do any good for them to work on it.

I’m not defending them, but there is not enough time for it. With multiplayer being the hook that keeps players coming back for more, and another game coming out in a little over a year, something is going to get the axe. Unfortunately, theater support got it.

I hope Halo 5 corrects that, now that they got a bigger team and better hardware to pull stuff off at that level. We’ll see.