So air spam now?

So if I don’t win in the first 12 minutes. It’s air spam. EVERY SINGLE TIME. not just this game or that game. EVERYTIME. I was gone for about 5 months. My last leader release was Johnson before I left so I’m still getting used to things, but seriously. Can we make this stop. I can defend it okay, half the time, but it’s getting so old I don’t even want to play this game. And I love it. Idk I see a lot of threads about anti air and don’t buff it cause it will kill air and stuff, but this garbage. Serious. I saw they buffed anti-air in the last patch…but what happened?

Imo fast moving air swarms need to be very brittle. The reason being, is they are much more mobile than anything else in the game. This obvious I know. They are not. Wolves need to be position in just the right spot everytime…if they catch up. It’s just annoying…sorry for ranting. I hope I see something done about it.

It does suck when I’m bombarded with 40 banshees. Even multiple readers or wolverines can’t take them down at times. I do wish people would go with different strategies because it gets old real quick. One of my biggest complain it, at least the banished, have very little anti-air infantry. Aren’t infantry supposed to be good against air?

Their were litterally so many complaints about this.
Anti air was buffed in a upcoming patch however thar change was reverted.

What mode are you playing? I rarely see air in 1s, and at most see one person go heavy air in 2s/3s but that’s very situational, and certainly able to be countered. There’s been like a dozen threads on this, AA is fine.

> 2535431178094949;1:
> So if I don’t win in the first 12 minutes. It’s air spam. EVERY SINGLE TIME. not just this game or that game. EVERYTIME. I was gone for about 5 months. My last leader release was Johnson before I left so I’m still getting used to things, but seriously. Can we make this stop. I can defend it okay, half the time, but it’s getting so old I don’t even want to play this game. And I love it. Idk I see a lot of threads about anti air and don’t buff it cause it will kill air and stuff, but this garbage. Serious. I saw they buffed anti-air in the last patch…but what happened?
>
> Imo fast moving air swarms need to be very brittle. The reason being, is they are much more mobile than anything else in the game. This obvious I know. They are not. Wolves need to be position in just the right spot everytime…if they catch up. It’s just annoying…sorry for ranting. I hope I see something done about it.

First of all, if you saw there were other threads about air, why make another one???

If you check out this thread there are plenty of videos showing AA is perfectly fine against air. More than that, air actually completely unviable for anyone that isn’t Decimus because of how fragile and expensive they are. Mass air armies are the easiest things to take down. And yes, they are very brittle. Wolverines are faster than air and incredibly effective. Just 4 wolves and AA turrets have been known to stop 25 wingman hornets. The same with 3 Reavers in a Shield base. There’s nothing wrong with mass air.

> 2533274908655121;2:
> It does suck when I’m bombarded with 40 banshees. Even multiple readers or wolverines can’t take them down at times. I do wish people would go with different strategies because it gets old real quick. One of my biggest complain it, at least the banished, have very little anti-air infantry. Aren’t infantry supposed to be good against air?

You don’t get “bombarded with 40 Banshees.” You let your opponent build up 40 Banshees. You’re reaping what you sow. If by “multiple Reavers or Wolverines” you mean 3 or 4, no of course they won’t win. If you mean a well balanced vehicle army of Wolverines and warthogs or Reavers, marauders, and locusts, then yes they can take down mass air.

Also, mass grunts shred air. Heavy Grunts are a straight up hard counter. If you see your opponent going straight to mass air then you can push their base early with mass grunts and there’s nothing they can do about it. Hornets and Banshees are worthless against regular grunts, especially when upgraded.

If there is a lot posts about…maybe there’s a problem?!? I’m out if it continues this way. And yes it’s every game.

> 2533274843481335;4:
> What mode are you playing? I rarely see air in 1s, and at most see one person go heavy air in 2s/3s but that’s very situational, and certainly able to be countered. There’s been like a dozen threads on this, AA is fine.

1s, but I see it in others.

> 2533274936603132;3:
> Their were litterally so many complaints about this.
> Anti air was buffed in a upcoming patch however thar change was reverted.

Did something happen in the last 5 months where air got buffed? I never had a problem with this until now. I can play, I’m not spectacular or anything, but I was in champion league my last two seasons before I left, Johnson’s season. Now I loose to air, and everyone is doing it. I see it every game now. It’s seems like an obvious problem. If they reverted anti air buff, then I’m done.

> 2535431178094949;7:
> > 2533274843481335;4:
> > What mode are you playing? I rarely see air in 1s, and at most see one person go heavy air in 2s/3s but that’s very situational, and certainly able to be countered. There’s been like a dozen threads on this, AA is fine.
>
> 1s, but I see it in others.

Tbh air isn’t an issue in 1s, solo queueing in team matches is different

air is fine and AA is fine if the enemy is able to get a mass of air then stop letting them build up air. push early before it becomes a problem

> 2535431178094949;8:
> > 2533274936603132;3:
> > Their were litterally so many complaints about this.
> > Anti air was buffed in a upcoming patch however thar change was reverted.
>
> Did something happen in the last 5 months where air got buffed? I never had a problem with this until now. I can play, I’m not spectacular or anything, but I was in champion league my last two seasons before I left, Johnson’s season. Now I loose to air, and everyone is doing it. I see it every game now. It’s seems like an obvious problem. If they reverted anti air buff, then I’m done.

No. Air has been nerfed literally every time an adjustment is made to air vs. anything else interactions. Air had their damage to wolves and reavers nerfed, then core infantry had been giving immunity to banshee bomb AoE while at the same time getting a massive boost in damage against air.

No offense, but the devs are literally holding the hand of people struggling with air swarms. The problem is not air vs counter units, it’s a problem of positioning and communication.

Air are glass cannons. They are fast and people use the mobility to their advantage. But with that comes a large degree of predictability. You know they will do one of two things: backdoor your base or confront your army. They will NEVER split their forces half and half. Doing so would be suicide one way or the other.

I am not saying this to sound mean. I am saying this as someone who realized this was a flaw of mine as well: stop being lazy and rely less on “all units” command. Either learn the new micro commands or just use local units more.

I know it’s tempting to mash all units for engagements but all you are doing is gaining nothing but a microsecond of expediency in exchange for literally opening the back door to your house, hoping they don’t fly 40 banshees in to destroy your world.

The answer to mass air is proper macro/micro knowledge.

All of this said, we have enough threads on anti-air. Please use those. Thanks.

P.S.
There are plenty of solid players on this forum who will take the time to help you get better at the game and, if you don’t believe their claims about AA, they will even test it with you and show you. We have a pretty helpful community here so if you are skeptical, take them up on their offers. Video evidence has already been documented and tested in a good environment on AA-air interactions and it was safely concluded that AA does NOT need a buff. If anything, air has been nerfed a bit too hard over the seasons.

The sole exception to these interactions are Decimus boundless siphon/fury banshees. I would take it a step further and say even those aren’t a problem because he is using both his T4 and ultimate abilities on passives. It’s his identity.

> 2535431178094949;8:
> > 2533274936603132;3:
> > Their were litterally so many complaints about this.
> > Anti air was buffed in a upcoming patch however thar change was reverted.
>
> Did something happen in the last 5 months where air got buffed? I never had a problem with this until now. I can play, I’m not spectacular or anything, but I was in champion league my last two seasons before I left, Johnson’s season. Now I loose to air, and everyone is doing it. I see it every game now. It’s seems like an obvious problem. If they reverted anti air buff, then I’m done.

Nothing that buffed them besides Hornets getting some buffs to their DPS. (20% More I believe)
Reavers still rekt and so do Wolverines. Just need to micro them well.

I stand corrected: Hornets were in fact buffed. Rightfully so, however, as their damage on launch was something of a joke.

At any rate, here is the proper thread to discuss air and AA engagements. TheWall and co. took a lot of time out of their day to break some myths and document it for all of us, so his thread rightfully deserves to be the hub of this discussion.