So aboutthe dirt/paper tornadoes on Perdition

IGN video.

Anyone else notice the dirt and papers flying around in circles on a single spot in the map? I normally have no problem with ambiant things in maps, in fact I usually love it but these small twisters in the middle of the road just look awful. The wind is coming from nowhere and is going nowhere, just around and around, why? Not to mention that its distracting because its in the middle of everything.

Haha ya it looks weird.

I stopped watching when the guy doing commentary said he likes CQC and he uses an AR and a Plasma Pistol. Also that he carries “plenty” of grenades (whatever that means since you can carry three max at a time) to stick vehicles and then get out of the action right after.

It also looks like its uneditable as the ghost just drives right through it.

This bothers no one else?

nope

It bothers me that they probably spent more time on pointless aesthetics like that than they did actually designing a good map.

Doesn’t bother me at all. Not something worth complaining about.

> Doesn’t bother me at all. Not something worth complaining about.

This is the Halo community, there is always something worth complaining about.

Looks pretty bad in my opinion, looks like a track loop of some paper that swirls around every 4 seconds, very un-natural…

they fade in and out, I’d be willing to bet you won’t notice when you’re fighting.

the commentary insulted me when they said to use the Plasma EMP and stickies againt vehicles

they are so oblivious to how broken vehicle combat is

It’s just another thing added to these maps by Certain Affinity to increase screen lag.

What happened to K.I.S.S.?

I doubt you’ll even notice it when you’re playing on the map.

OP doesn’t like dust devils. Better scrap the level. -_- It’s a lil feature that has no affect on gameplay. Get over yourself.

> It bothers me that they probably spent more time on pointless aesthetics like that than they did actually designing a good map.

You never know, it could be the next Headlong. It doesn’t look great (Perdition looks passable, as does daybreak, though the other one looks terrible) but I’ve been pleasantly surprised before. For example, Extraction sounded awful when I first found out about it, but it can be pretty fun, and offers great custom potential.

> You never know, it could be the next Headlong.

You would need some Big Team 1 Flag CTF for that to happen.

The tornado is so OP, nerf it.

> > You never know, it could be the next Headlong.
>
> You would need some Big Team 1 Flag CTF for that to happen.

That’s a very good point, but 1-flag is do-able. you have to cheat map design a bit to get it to work, but it’s possible.

I just realize something. It’s a dirt/paper tornado coming form nowhere. That must mean that 343 is adding the Tornado Gun with the Castle Map Pack!

> I just realize something. It’s a dirt/paper tornado coming form nowhere. That must mean that 343 is adding the Tornado Gun with the Castle Map Pack!

It is exactly as the prophets decreed, the holy weapon shall soon be ours! Even the power of the Halo arrays pales in comparison to the Forerunners’ greatest gift to our kind, the Tornado Gun!