So about those guys chief knocked out

When Dion was telling Benjamin about the guy(s) John fought at boxing training were those ODST’s? If so is that the same incident from one of the books (Fall of Reach was it?) Because if that is the case John was already in the spartan program and any official that was present must have been in ONI or affiliated in some way, so doesn’t that tell us Dion is affiliated with ONI?

I have a feeling I’ve gotten something wrong also I haven’t listened to episode 03 yet so apologies if I’m talking out of my -Yoink-

Edit
I believe John killed those ODST’s so yeah I think I’m wrong

> 2533274848860841;1:
> When Dion was telling Benjamin about the guy(s) John fought at boxing training were those ODST’s? If so is that the same incident from one of the books (Fall of Reach was it?) Because if that is the case John was already in the spartan program and any official that was present must have been in ONI or affiliated in some way, so doesn’t that tell us Dion is affiliated with ONI?
>
> I have a feeling I’ve gotten something wrong also I haven’t listened to episode 03 yet so apologies if I’m talking out of my -Yoink-

The stories aren’t related, Dion is simply lying as an ONI plant

> 2533274964465607;2:
> > 2533274848860841;1:
> > When Dion was telling Benjamin about the guy(s) John fought at boxing training were those ODST’s? If so is that the same incident from one of the books (Fall of Reach was it?) Because if that is the case John was already in the spartan program and any official that was present must have been in ONI or affiliated in some way, so doesn’t that tell us Dion is affiliated with ONI?
> >
> > I have a feeling I’ve gotten something wrong also I haven’t listened to episode 03 yet so apologies if I’m talking out of my -Yoink-
>
>
> The stories aren’t related, Dion is simply lying as an ONI plant

Yeah I thought so. I just remembered Chief killed those ODST’s not knock them out.

What Dion was saying was more of a half truth than a lie, the boxing ring incident takes place in the book the fall of reach, ONI just switched it up as more propaganda to feed ben to keep the true SPARTAN origins a secret.

And yes both incidents the ODST and Dion are talking about are the one and same as I said above ONI switched it.

> 2533274848860841;3:
> > 2533274964465607;2:
> > > 2533274848860841;1:
> > > When Dion was telling Benjamin about the guy(s) John fought at boxing training were those ODST’s? If so is that the same incident from one of the books (Fall of Reach was it?) Because if that is the case John was already in the spartan program and any official that was present must have been in ONI or affiliated in some way, so doesn’t that tell us Dion is affiliated with ONI?
> > >
> > > I have a feeling I’ve gotten something wrong also I haven’t listened to episode 03 yet so apologies if I’m talking out of my -Yoink-
> >
> >
> > The stories aren’t related, Dion is simply lying as an ONI plant
>
>
> Yeah I thought so. I just remembered Chief killed those ODST’s not knock them out.

Right, the retired ODST who Ben also speaks with tells him the real story of what happened, when Chief killed the ODSTs. That’s the story from the Fall of Reach and the one that actually happened, and it makes sense, since that retired ODST is an off-the-grid source. The story Dion made up was just ONI nonsense.

> 2533274800197828;5:
> > 2533274848860841;3:
> > > 2533274964465607;2:
> > > > 2533274848860841;1:
> > > > When Dion was telling Benjamin about the guy(s) John fought at boxing training were those ODST’s? If so is that the same incident from one of the books (Fall of Reach was it?) Because if that is the case John was already in the spartan program and any official that was present must have been in ONI or affiliated in some way, so doesn’t that tell us Dion is affiliated with ONI?
> > > >
> > > > I have a feeling I’ve gotten something wrong also I haven’t listened to episode 03 yet so apologies if I’m talking out of my -Yoink-
> > >
> > >
> > > The stories aren’t related, Dion is simply lying as an ONI plant
> >
> >
> > Yeah I thought so. I just remembered Chief killed those ODST’s not knock them out.
>
>
> Right, the retired ODST who Ben also speaks with tells him the real story of what happened, when Chief killed the ODSTs. That’s the story from the Fall of Reach and the one that actually happened, and it makes sense, since that retired ODST is an off-the-grid source. The story Dion made up was just ONI nonsense.

Didnt ONI just switch up a few key points of the story for Dion to keep up the secrecy? That’s what it seemed like to me at least. (Its been a couple of years since I have read the book so pardon me) :P.

> > > > > When Dion was telling Benjamin about the guy(s) John fought at boxing training were those ODST’s? If so is that the same incident from one of the books (Fall of Reach was it?) Because if that is the case John was already in the spartan program and any official that was present must have been in ONI or affiliated in some way, so doesn’t that tell us Dion is affiliated with ONI?
> > > > >
> > > > > I have a feeling I’ve gotten something wrong also I haven’t listened to episode 03 yet so apologies if I’m talking out of my -Yoink-
> > > >
> > > > The stories aren’t related, Dion is simply lying as an ONI plant
> > >
> > > Yeah I thought so. I just remembered Chief killed those ODST’s not knock them out.
> >
> > Right, the retired ODST who Ben also speaks with tells him the real story of what happened, when Chief killed the ODSTs. That’s the story from the Fall of Reach and the one that actually happened, and it makes sense, since that retired ODST is an off-the-grid source. The story Dion made up was just ONI nonsense.
>
> Didnt ONI just switch up a few key points of the story for Dion to keep up the secrecy? That’s what it seemed like to me at least. (Its been a couple of years since I have read the book so pardon me) :P.

Honestly I thought it was kind of silly Dion was talking about a boxing league when we later learned that boxing had been banned on Chief’s home planet for many decades by the time his story took place. That to me is an oversight an agency like ONI wouldn’t make, and one of the few things I’ve had a problem with in the first few episodes.