so.. about the AI.

anybody want to put bets on whether or not the AI characters will know how to drive this time around?

> anybody want to put bets on whether or not the AI characters will know how to drive this time around?

Never let the A.I drive . . .

EVER!

I for one, would be ecstatic if 343i released a ViDOC about how well the AI work in the game.

Even if half the video was just a Marine traversing an open or closed environment successfully while in a Warthog I would be happy.

> > anybody want to put bets on whether or not the AI characters will know how to drive this time around?
>
> Never let the A.I drive . . .
>
> EVER!

You saw what they did to the Infinity, didnt you?

Lol, I remember those times when I first started playing Halo and I would get on the turret…and get driven off a cliff.

I hope the allied A.I. is better this time around but I still won’t let them drive my vehicle.

I especially love it when the AI turns around and drives straight off a cliff with such confidence hahahaha

I hope the friendly AI are more sophisticated in general. Sure there just marines but I always am furious with their inability to do anything and on legendary when they die within a few seconds its huge blow to my morale.

> > anybody want to put bets on whether or not the AI characters will know how to drive this time around?
>
> Never let Kat drive . . .
>
> EVER!

Fixed that. If you let her drive the game will be 5 hours longer.

> I hope the friendly AI are more sophisticated in general. Sure there just marines but I always am furious with their inability to do anything and on legendary when they die within a few seconds its huge blow to my morale.

yeah that would be cool if they at least made the marines really tough on legendary so at least you can still enjoy fighting by their side.
they always put all this effort into squads and these awesome scenes where you fight beside tons of other marines but all that goes right out the door on legendary when they die after one shot… :confused:

> I for one, would be ecstatic if 343i released a ViDOC about how well the AI work in the game.
>
> Even if half the video was just a Marine traversing an open or closed environment successfully while in a Warthog I would be happy.

This.

> > > anybody want to put bets on whether or not the AI characters will know how to drive this time around?
> >
> > Never let the A.I drive . . .
> >
> > EVER!
>
> You saw what they did to the Infinity, didnt you?

Lmfao,BURN!!! That was soo cheesy,My fav kind of humor.I hope they are viable on Legendary.But I do not like riding with them in vehicles.

The only thing the AI are good for is unlimited ammo. I hope they can use the Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon.

I saw Kat take my Gauss Hog and drive it off the edge once.

Never again.

I never let the AI drive anyway. Splatters are fun.

The a.I. in halo drives so bad, that I actually got all of the Spartans into my warthog, and drove them off the cliff and I jumped out just before the fall. I don’t think.I ever laughed that hard.

In other words, they drove me to drive them off a cliff. I didn’t see them again until later that mission. No idea how they survived.

this reminds me of every pre halo release ever in existence. Judging by the pattern i say no.

I hope not, a competent friendly AI wouldn’t be Halo… ;).

> I hope not, a competent friendly AI wouldn’t be Halo… ;).

No it is Halo.

Marine competency in the trilogy was merely being suppressed (and they were intentionally made suckish in Reach). It’s hidden so well that Bungie has successfully deluded most of the community.

In large numbers, they keep Covies on the move (CE), destroy Ultras (Halo 2), and destroy Brutes (Halo 3).

I’m not keeping my hopes up, but it would be a nice surprise to see them drive effectively.

Never trust the AI to help you.