So about Split Screen Co-op...

I have been talking to my family and friends about Halo 5 alot for the past year. We didn’t like Halo 4 much, but we had literally just decided that we would give 5 a try, when they announced no split screen. We all ditched it after that, but in the past few days I’ve decided that it shouldn’t be a dealbreaker, at least for one of us. So i’m going to be the one to pick up a copy tomorrow night at 11:01 pm my time, and I will play the campaign and then likely pass it on to friends if they don’t add split screen later. What do you guys think?

Edit: It seems like it’s mostly people who aren’t as bothered by the lack of split screen as I am, followed loosely by people like me who bought the game anyway because it looks good and hope that split screen will be added eventually. Keep on voting!

Since when is a game’s supporting features greater than the game itself?

All I see is people saying that they won’t be buying the game because it doesn’t have split-screen co-op…

So you don’t care about the story? The overall experience of playing the game? The online multiplayer? Forge? Warzone?.. anything? Literally your only reason for playing a Halo game was because you could play the campaign of a game with someone else… on the same tv?

Shame.

> 2533274792586201;2:
> Since when is a game’s supporting features greater than the game itself?
>
> All I see is people saying that they won’t be buying the game because it doesn’t have split-screen co-op…
>
> So you don’t care about the story? The overall experience of playing the game? The online multiplayer? Forge? Warzone?.. anything? Literally your only reason for playing a Halo game was because you could play the campaign of a game with someone else… on the same tv?
>
> Shame.

That was always the most fun part about Halo. Getting together and shooting aliens together. Thats why Bungie never dug deeper into the story. They just did the best possible they could on gameplay and made it a really easy game for people to play together all sorts of ways, and it’s popularity soared because of it. That and it’s cool sci-fi looks. And thats the Halo I’ve always enjoyed. They’ve gone the more story quality way, which is fine and thats cool but when so many of us built memories and made halo a family and friend thing–it’s just not the same when you shift the whole game more towards the single player community. But we still like Halo so we are trying it out anyway. The overall experience of playing the game is more fun for us on the couch with friends. It’s never been that serious of a thing. I think it probably goes back to the split between hardcore halo fans and “filthy casuals”. I’m somewhere in between. I like the story and I’ve read some of the books but still, me and my brother used to shred aliens together and now when I go to his place to hang out after work I have to lug all my stuff over there on a second console? Or go home and talk to him over a mic? It’s just sort of killing the halo experience I’ve known for years now. Where we get the game at midnight, rush back home, pop it in, pick up a pair of controllers and just go.

> 2533274857642512;3:
> > 2533274792586201;2:
> > Since when is a game’s supporting features greater than the game itself?
> >
> > All I see is people saying that they won’t be buying the game because it doesn’t have split-screen co-op…
> >
> > So you don’t care about the story? The overall experience of playing the game? The online multiplayer? Forge? Warzone?.. anything? Literally your only reason for playing a Halo game was because you could play the campaign of a game with someone else… on the same tv?
> >
> > Shame.
>
>
> That was always the most fun part about Halo. Getting together and shooting aliens together. Thats why Bungie never dug deeper into the story.

You’re joking, I hope.

Game night at my school has become exclusively fighting games and Smash Bros since Halo ditched split-screen. Halo night has been a staple for many friends across many locations across time until now.

> 2533274792586201;4:
> > 2533274857642512;3:
> > > 2533274792586201;2:
> > > Since when is a game’s supporting features greater than the game itself?
> > >
> > > All I see is people saying that they won’t be buying the game because it doesn’t have split-screen co-op…
> > >
> > > So you don’t care about the story? The overall experience of playing the game? The online multiplayer? Forge? Warzone?.. anything? Literally your only reason for playing a Halo game was because you could play the campaign of a game with someone else… on the same tv?
> > >
> > > Shame.
> >
> >
> > That was always the most fun part about Halo. Getting together and shooting aliens together. Thats why Bungie never dug deeper into the story.
>
>
> You’re joking, I hope.

Not at all. People criticized Bungie like crazy because Halo’s characters were all so shallow. But the reason for that is simple, the gameplay mechanics were great and the basic story in the games was good enough, people enjoyed playing it with and against eachother and they made plenty of money over the years. They had no need to make Master Chief talk more often or any of that. They did what they set out to do with the Halo series and then turned it over to someone else. Halo was incredibly boring to play single player for me. The gunplay was always great but I could only mildly get into it. But then me and my brother would play for hours on end, campaign, multiplayer, everything. We’d strategize, geek out on every little detail and hints at the bigger story plots and etc. But if Halo had always been single player, I probably would’ve never become a fan. I skip most call of duty games every year for the same reason. Unless its super interesting or its an RPG like Fallout, most singleplayer games are just boring.

> 2533274857642512;6:
> > 2533274792586201;4:
> > > 2533274857642512;3:
> > > > 2533274792586201;2:
> > > > Since when is a game’s supporting features greater than the game itself?
> > > >
> > > > All I see is people saying that they won’t be buying the game because it doesn’t have split-screen co-op…
> > > >
> > > > So you don’t care about the story? The overall experience of playing the game? The online multiplayer? Forge? Warzone?.. anything? Literally your only reason for playing a Halo game was because you could play the campaign of a game with someone else… on the same tv?
> > > >
> > > > Shame.
> > >
> > >
> > > That was always the most fun part about Halo. Getting together and shooting aliens together. Thats why Bungie never dug deeper into the story.
> >
> >
> > You’re joking, I hope.
>
>
> Not at all. People criticized Bungie like crazy because Halo’s characters were all so shallow. But the reason for that is simple, the gameplay mechanics were great and the basic story in the games was good enough, people enjoyed playing it with and against eachother and they made plenty of money over the years. They had no need to make Master Chief talk more often or any of that. They did what they set out to do with the Halo series and then turned it over to someone else. Halo was incredibly boring to play single player for me. The gunplay was always great but I could only mildly get into it. But then me and my brother would play for hours on end, campaign, multiplayer, everything. We’d strategize, geek out on every little detail and hints at the bigger story plots and etc. But if Halo had always been single player, I probably would’ve never become a fan. I skip most call of duty games every year for the same reason. Unless its super interesting or its an RPG like Fallout, most singleplayer games are just boring.

Halo’s story from the beginning is the only reason I have become such a huge fan.

The amazing multiplayer experience has just been the best cherry on top, if you will, that any game has.

Hopefully the Companies feature somewhat helps in this realm.

I predict that this thread will be Locke’d pretty soon.

Bungie was smart 10 years ago. They are dumb now. Nuff said

I will buy it and play co op via online

> 2533274827537767;10:
> Bungie was smart 10 years ago. They are dumb now. Nuff said

What?

Halo hasn’t been developed by Bungie since Halo : Reach. 343i is now developing Halo.

> 2533274792586201;2:
> Since when is a game’s supporting features greater than the game itself?
>
> All I see is people saying that they won’t be buying the game because it doesn’t have split-screen co-op…
>
> So you don’t care about the story? The overall experience of playing the game? The online multiplayer? Forge? Warzone?.. anything? Literally your only reason for playing a Halo game was because you could play the campaign of a game with someone else… on the same tv?
>
> Shame.

Amen to this post. I love split screen, although I do not use it much, and it does suck that it’s gone. However, I also love gameplay, story, visuals, arena, warzone, and all of the other great features, and I am most certainly not ditching the game because split screen is gone.

> 2533274924023426;9:
> I predict that this thread will be Locke’d pretty soon.

Why?

> 2533274792586201;7:
> > 2533274857642512;6:
> > > 2533274792586201;4:
> > > > 2533274857642512;3:
> > > > > 2533274792586201;2:
> > > > > Since when is a game’s supporting features greater than the game itself?
> > > > >
> > > > > All I see is people saying that they won’t be buying the game because it doesn’t have split-screen co-op…
> > > > >
> > > > > So you don’t care about the story? The overall experience of playing the game? The online multiplayer? Forge? Warzone?.. anything? Literally your only reason for playing a Halo game was because you could play the campaign of a game with someone else… on the same tv?
> > > > >
> > > > > Shame.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That was always the most fun part about Halo. Getting together and shooting aliens together. Thats why Bungie never dug deeper into the story.
> > >
> > >
> > > You’re joking, I hope.
> >
> >
> > Not at all. People criticized Bungie like crazy because Halo’s characters were all so shallow. But the reason for that is simple, the gameplay mechanics were great and the basic story in the games was good enough, people enjoyed playing it with and against eachother and they made plenty of money over the years. They had no need to make Master Chief talk more often or any of that. They did what they set out to do with the Halo series and then turned it over to someone else. Halo was incredibly boring to play single player for me. The gunplay was always great but I could only mildly get into it. But then me and my brother would play for hours on end, campaign, multiplayer, everything. We’d strategize, geek out on every little detail and hints at the bigger story plots and etc. But if Halo had always been single player, I probably would’ve never become a fan. I skip most call of duty games every year for the same reason. Unless its super interesting or its an RPG like Fallout, most singleplayer games are just boring.
>
>
> Halo’s story from the beginning is the only reason I have become such a huge fan.
>
> The amazing multiplayer experience has just been the best cherry on top, if you will, that any game has.

Well, to each his own, I suppose. I’ve just rarely heard people say that’s why they became a fan. Don’t get me wrong everyone thinks the story is obviously very cool and it’s what gets you to try the game. It was the same for me. It’s just after I tried it for awhile I discovered some of the things that would eventually make it my favorite game series.

OFFICIAL SPLIT-SCREEN THREAD V4.0

This shouldn’t prevent you from buying a great game. In fact most games are starting to become more of a single player type game.

> 2533274857642512;14:
> > 2533274924023426;9:
> > I predict that this thread will be Locke’d pretty soon.
>
>
> Why?

There is a huge split screen thread. It’s kinda nice having one instead of a bazillion.

I grew up playing splitscreen with my bro on H2, but the bird has to leave the nest at one point I guess. That made no sense but idc XP

I am still hoping that 343i will found a way to add it back to Halo 5 or furture Halo