So About Spartan Ops...

… does anyone think it’d be cool if new content was introduced through Spartan Ops?

Like, during an episode, some guy would tell you “Perhaps you’d consider using this new weapon we’ve developed on your next mission”. This would provide a canonical excuse to add new stuff not only to Spartan Ops, but to multiplayer as well (after an update, perhaps).

We could also meet new enemy units not encountered in campaign, like Sentinels (if they aren’t in the game in the first place). Which would also give us the Sentinel Beam back, now I think of it.

Anybody like this idea?

I like the idea, but I don’t think it would do well for balancing issues.

I would actually consider Spartan Ops a failure, in a way, if it didn’t introduce new content or new vehicles.

Season One alone has 50 missions. I would be truly surprised if there was not tons of new content.

We barely know whats in there to begin with, and you already want NEW STUFF?! head explodes
No, no. Seriously.
For all we know, there could be Spartans controlled by “the ancient evil” that we have to fight, kinda like supersoldier zombies with armor.

Wouldn’t it have to be already on the game’s disc to introduce into multiplayer matchmaking and forge? But I think it’s a good idea adding new weapons, vehicles and enemies into Spartan Ops. It would add story to it.

> Wouldn’t it have to be already on the game’s disc to introduce into multiplayer matchmaking and forge? But I think it’s a good idea adding new weapons, vehicles and enemies into Spartan Ops. It would add story to it.

If they keep it exclusive to Spartan Ops, then no changes would need to be made for it to work in Forge & Matchmaking.

> … does anyone think it’d be cool if new content was introduced through Spartan Ops?
>
> Like, during an episode, some guy would tell you “Perhaps you’d consider using this new weapon we’ve developed on your next mission”. This would provide a canonical excuse to add new stuff not only to Spartan Ops, but to multiplayer as well (after an update, perhaps).
>
> We could also meet new enemy units not encountered in campaign, <mark>like Sentinels (if they aren’t in the game in the first place). Which would also give us the Sentinel Beam back, now I think of it.</mark>
>
> Anybody like this idea?

if Sentinels aren’t in Halo 4, on a Forerunner Shield World… somebody Yoinked! up. Bad.

it would be cool though. prototype weapons in Spartan Ops.

Agreed wholeheartedly

I like it

I could see a few technical problems if they were to be put into Multiplayer as well if they were completely “New” and not just hidden away on the disc for later use…

But if it were to be limited to just Spartan Ops, or we could just wish away the technical problems, then I’d be all for it…

Sounds good, now get on it.

It would be cool if they released (or unlocked) a new weapon or two (or maybe variations of weapons, like silenced pistols or SMGs) through Spartan Ops downloads (and unlock them for use in other game modes.

> We could also meet new enemy units not encountered in campaign, like Sentinels (if they aren’t in the game in the first place). Which would also give us the Sentinel Beam back, now I think of it.

Yeah the decision to distinguish Spartans Ops from campaign might allow this.

> I would actually consider Spartan Ops a failure, in a way, if it didn’t introduce new content or new vehicles.
>
> Season One alone has 50 missions. I would be truly surprised if there was not tons of new content.

This.