So, about Cortana...

I know there have been many threads pertaining to this topic before, but I just felt that the new screenshots reinforced some things many have already noticed.

So we all know Cortana is a hologram, transparent and the like. You can see through her right?
I don’t know about you guys, but Cortana looks rather solid, and even has some shading/dynamic lighting on her.

I’m just saying, it was made to be noticed, and I’m just wondering why the change, or does it have to do with “immersion” of the player, or maybe Chief got a bit too lonely in the cryo for years.
At any rate, it probably won’t be a huge difference since she’ll be in your head.

They said they were making her look more solid to show her as more of a “humann” character.

There are a few other screens that you can still see through her. Just not to the extent of previous games.

> I know there have been many threads pertaining to this topic before, but I just felt that the new screenshots reinforced some things many have already noticed.
>
> So we all know Cortana is a hologram, transparent and the like. You can see through her right?
> I don’t know about you guys, but Cortana looks rather solid, and even has some shading/dynamic lighting on her.
>
> I’m just saying, it was made to be noticed, and I’m just wondering why the change, or does it have to do with “immersion” of the player, or maybe Chief got a bit too lonely in the cryo for years.
> At any rate, it probably won’t be a huge difference since she’ll be in your head.

Yeah while it’s not a big deal I am not too big of a fan of her new design.

I think:

She’s too solid
Her hair needs data flowing through it
She doesn’t need teeth
She looks too young compared to her past models

Those are just my opinions.

> I know there have been many threads pertaining to this topic before, but I just felt that the new screenshots reinforced some things many have already noticed.
>
> So we all know Cortana is a hologram, transparent and the like. You can see through her right?
> I don’t know about you guys, but Cortana looks rather solid, and even has some shading/dynamic lighting on her.
>
> I’m just saying, it was made to be noticed, and I’m just wondering why the change, or does it have to do with “immersion” of the player, or maybe Chief got a bit too lonely in the cryo for years.
> At any rate, it probably won’t be a huge difference since she’ll be in your head.

With a few pics that I saw of her, I saw that she is still slightly transparent, but is mostly opaque, making her appear more solid. This is likely due to her own choice as her rampancy is making her want to be more Human, so she longs to have a more solid form. Despite this, she is still a hologram.

> With a few pics that I saw of her, I saw that she is still slightly transparent, but is mostly opaque, making her appear more solid. This is likely due to her own choice as her rampancy is making her want to be more Human, so she longs to have a more solid form. Despite this, she is still a hologram.

That really makes a lot of sense, she wants to stay with chief, she longs to be a human since she can only live (effectively) 7 years.
In a way, I’d like to see her preserved, but I don’t want a Joker/EDI thing, if 343 does take that route I hope they execute it better.

> > With a few pics that I saw of her, I saw that she is still slightly transparent, but is mostly opaque, making her appear more solid. This is likely due to her own choice as her rampancy is making her want to be more Human, so she longs to have a more solid form. Despite this, she is still a hologram.
>
> That really makes a lot of sense, she wants to stay with chief, she longs to be a human since she can only live (effectively) 7 years.
> In a way, I’d like to see her preserved, but I don’t want a Joker/EDI thing, if 343 does take that route I hope they execute it better.

Oh Glob, don’t even mention that travesty. I have HIGH HOPES that 343 will not stoop low enough to reach BioWare level writing.

Don’t get me wrong I love the Mass Effect Franchise, but ME3 was just, awful and inexcusable at so many angles.

Cortana is the hottest piece of blue sexiness in ANY game

like Milo’s Venus made flesh by the gods covered in chocolate flavored ambrosia with some heat strapped to her

more solid = BETTER

umm…
You seem very… enthused… about that.

…creepy dude… just creepy

> umm…
> You seem very… enthused… about that.

-shakes from my personal solipsism about cortana- beg your pardon?

> Cortana is the hottest piece of blue sexiness in ANY game
>
> like Milo’s Venus made flesh by the gods covered in chocolate flavored ambrosia with some heat strapped to her
>
>
> more solid = BETTER

Not if she’s gonna be made for your -Yoink!- video game character -Yoink!-.

I understand thinking that she’s hot, don’t get me wrong, but really? You kind of took it a bit too far. 0.0

> > Cortana is the hottest piece of blue sexiness in ANY game
> >
> > like Milo’s Venus made flesh by the gods covered in chocolate flavored ambrosia with some heat strapped to her
> >
> >
> > more solid = BETTER
>
> Not if she’s gonna be made for your -Yoink!- video game character -Yoink!-.
>
> I understand thinking that she’s hot, don’t get me wrong, but really? You kind of took it a bit too far. 0.0

please it is not just about the pure sexiness and the buttery-smooth super talented voice acting delivered by Jen. Cortana is emotionally just as -Yoink!-. A woman staring in the void of her own mortality while acting as anchor, moral compass and human side of the greatest hero humanity ever had. All the while developing a platonic closeness that desperately BEGS for a physical counterpart (the video in which she tries to make physical contact is both saddening and slightly -Yoink!- at the same time) that is just NOT going to come. Strong, controlled, pragmatic but sassy, emotional and devoted all at the same time which builds her personality upon an inner contrast…I love contrasts.

so yes, she is delicious to look at but the IDEA of Cortana is even more so

> > I know there have been many threads pertaining to this topic before, but I just felt that the new screenshots reinforced some things many have already noticed.
> >
> > So we all know Cortana is a hologram, transparent and the like. You can see through her right?
> > I don’t know about you guys, but Cortana looks rather solid, and even has some shading/dynamic lighting on her.
> >
> > I’m just saying, it was made to be noticed, and I’m just wondering why the change, or does it have to do with “immersion” of the player, or maybe Chief got a bit too lonely in the cryo for years.
> > At any rate, it probably won’t be a huge difference since she’ll be in your head.
>
>
> Yeah while it’s not a big deal I am not too big of a fan of her new design.
>
> I think:
>
> She’s too solid
> Her hair needs data flowing through it
> She doesn’t need teeth
> She looks too young compared to her past models
>
> Those are just my opinions.

A smart AI picks and chooses their appearance and can alter it should they so choose.

> > > Cortana is the hottest piece of blue sexiness in ANY game
> > >
> > > like Milo’s Venus made flesh by the gods covered in chocolate flavored ambrosia with some heat strapped to her
> > >
> > >
> > > more solid = BETTER
> >
> > Not if she’s gonna be made for your -Yoink!- video game character -Yoink!-.
> >
> > I understand thinking that she’s hot, don’t get me wrong, but really? You kind of took it a bit too far. 0.0
>
> please it is not just about the pure sexiness and the buttery-smooth super talented voice acting delivered by Jen. Cortana is emotionally just as -Yoink!-. A woman staring in the void of her own mortality while acting as anchor, moral compass and human side of the greatest hero humanity ever had. All the while developing a platonic closeness that desperately BEGS for a physical counterpart (the video in which she tries to make physical contact is both saddening and slightly -Yoink!- at the same time) that is just NOT going to come. Strong, controlled, pragmatic but sassy, emotional and devoted all at the same time which builds her personality upon an inner contrast…I love contrasts.
>
> so yes, she is delicious to look at but the IDEA of Cortana is even more so

I agree that delving deep into her character is going to be awesome for epic storytelling, but calling her -Yoink!- and basically having a full on -Yoink!- over her because of it…TMI, dude/dudette, TMI.

I never thought darkening or thickening her was necessary to he display as a “human” like AI but hey, whatever floats 343’s boat

> > > > Cortana is the hottest piece of blue sexiness in ANY game
> > > >
> > > > like Milo’s Venus made flesh by the gods covered in chocolate flavored ambrosia with some heat strapped to her
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > more solid = BETTER
> > >
> > > Not if she’s gonna be made for your -Yoink!- video game character -Yoink!-.
> > >
> > > I understand thinking that she’s hot, don’t get me wrong, but really? You kind of took it a bit too far. 0.0
> >
> > please it is not just about the pure sexiness and the buttery-smooth super talented voice acting delivered by Jen. Cortana is emotionally just as -Yoink!-. A woman staring in the void of her own mortality while acting as anchor, moral compass and human side of the greatest hero humanity ever had. All the while developing a platonic closeness that desperately BEGS for a physical counterpart (the video in which she tries to make physical contact is both saddening and slightly -Yoink!- at the same time) that is just NOT going to come. Strong, controlled, pragmatic but sassy, emotional and devoted all at the same time which builds her personality upon an inner contrast…I love contrasts.
> >
> > so yes, she is delicious to look at but the IDEA of Cortana is even more so
>
> I agree that delving deep into her character is going to be awesome for epic storytelling, but calling her -Yoink!- and basically having a full on -Yoink!- over her because of it…TMI, dude/dudette, TMI.

first off…not a -Yoink!-, merely art appreciation (yes I pulled a ME1 joke about another blue lady)

secondly, my original post was a quote from the movie One for the money…

thirdly I am happily married and my wife thinks she is hot too…(just saying)

> I never thought darkening or thickening her was necessary to he display as a “human” like AI but hey, whatever floats 343’s boat

I think its floating quite a few boats.

> > > > > Cortana is the hottest piece of blue sexiness in ANY game
> > > > >
> > > > > like Milo’s Venus made flesh by the gods covered in chocolate flavored ambrosia with some heat strapped to her
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > more solid = BETTER
> > > >
> > > > Not if she’s gonna be made for your -Yoink!- video game character -Yoink!-.
> > > >
> > > > I understand thinking that she’s hot, don’t get me wrong, but really? You kind of took it a bit too far. 0.0
> > >
> > > please it is not just about the pure sexiness and the buttery-smooth super talented voice acting delivered by Jen. Cortana is emotionally just as -Yoink!-. A woman staring in the void of her own mortality while acting as anchor, moral compass and human side of the greatest hero humanity ever had. All the while developing a platonic closeness that desperately BEGS for a physical counterpart (the video in which she tries to make physical contact is both saddening and slightly -Yoink!- at the same time) that is just NOT going to come. Strong, controlled, pragmatic but sassy, emotional and devoted all at the same time which builds her personality upon an inner contrast…I love contrasts.
> > >
> > > so yes, she is delicious to look at but the IDEA of Cortana is even more so
> >
> > I agree that delving deep into her character is going to be awesome for epic storytelling, but calling her -Yoink!- and basically having a full on -Yoink!- over her because of it…TMI, dude/dudette, TMI.
>
> first off…not a -Yoink!-, merely art appreciation (yes I pulled a ME1 joke about another blue lady)
>
> secondly, my original post was a quote from the movie One for the money…
>
> thirdly I am happily married and my wife thinks she is hot too…(just saying)

Sorry. You could’ve worded it to be a little less…creepy. But it’s all in the past.

Also, I probably diddn’t get the references because I have never seen One For the Money, and have never played Mass Effect. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

> > > > > > Cortana is the hottest piece of blue sexiness in ANY game
> > > > > >
> > > > > > like Milo’s Venus made flesh by the gods covered in chocolate flavored ambrosia with some heat strapped to her
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > more solid = BETTER
> > > > >
> > > > > Not if she’s gonna be made for your -Yoink!- video game character -Yoink!-.
> > > > >
> > > > > I understand thinking that she’s hot, don’t get me wrong, but really? You kind of took it a bit too far. 0.0
> > > >
> > > > please it is not just about the pure sexiness and the buttery-smooth super talented voice acting delivered by Jen. Cortana is emotionally just as -Yoink!-. A woman staring in the void of her own mortality while acting as anchor, moral compass and human side of the greatest hero humanity ever had. All the while developing a platonic closeness that desperately BEGS for a physical counterpart (the video in which she tries to make physical contact is both saddening and slightly -Yoink!- at the same time) that is just NOT going to come. Strong, controlled, pragmatic but sassy, emotional and devoted all at the same time which builds her personality upon an inner contrast…I love contrasts.
> > > >
> > > > so yes, she is delicious to look at but the IDEA of Cortana is even more so
> > >
> > > I agree that delving deep into her character is going to be awesome for epic storytelling, but calling her -Yoink!- and basically having a full on -Yoink!- over her because of it…TMI, dude/dudette, TMI.
> >
> > first off…not a -Yoink!-, merely art appreciation (yes I pulled a ME1 joke about another blue lady)
> >
> > secondly, my original post was a quote from the movie One for the money…
> >
> > thirdly I am happily married and my wife thinks she is hot too…(just saying)
>
> Sorry. You could’ve worded it to be a little less…creepy. But it’s all in the past.

well…that’s how the quote goes (only Heigel says Greek statue and not Milo’s Venus…of course she is talking about a guy and she has no knowledge of any iconic Greek MALE statues like the Bronzes if Riace for instance)