So... About Achievements Not Unlocking

Does anybody have any idea whether or not achievements you should have earned - but did not unlock - will ever actually unlock?

It’s driving me crazy because I beat Halo: CE on Legendary and did not get the achievement. Not even the “Done!..Unlocking” thing. When I look through the in-game achievements list under Career it says I’ve only beaten 7/10 missions on Legendary, but when I specifically look at each mission they all say I’ve completed it on Legendary.

Now, I’ve beaten Halo 4 on Solo Legendary and every achievement popped (completeing on Normal, Heroic, Legendary) - except for “Living Legend” (for solo legendary). Again, each individual mission tells me it’s been completed on Solo Legendary via the Campaigns menu, but the achievement list under Career says 6/8.

This question stands for other achievements as well, i.e. terminals, mission completion, etc. At least when they say “Done!.. Unlocking” I feel somewhat secure that they will unlock at some point (many have already). But when I just plain don’t get the achievement, I die a little inside because I’m not sure if I’m going to have to do these things all over again. And I really don’t want to play Halo 4 Solo Legendary again.

If anybody has some information - or a link to some information - about this issue, it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: The achievement for Solo Legendary is called “Lone wolf Legend”. “Living Legend” is other one I didn’t get, for CE Legendary.

Nobody?

Only thing I’m having problems with far as achievements go is the dear diary achievement. It’s stuck at 90% because halo:CE stats says I’ve only collected 9/10 of the terminals even though i have all 10 terminal achievements unlocked lol.

Achievements will unlock, eventually. Give it all the time it needs.

You need to beat Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, 343 Guilty Spark. I checked your service record here on halowaypoint.com. It’s showing those levels as incomplete, which means that when you beat them, your Xbox didn’t report it for whatever reason.

Also… coop? beating legendary on coop hardly warrants an achievement anyway, lol.

EDIT: looking through your service record, I’m seeing a lot of missions across the 4 games completed on coop with a score of 0. Were you doing the trick where you sign in with 2 controllers and only play with one?

As for Halo 4 solo, you still need Forerunner and Reclaimer. It says you did those ones on coop.

> 2535454497774761;3:
> Only thing I’m having problems with far as achievements go is the dear diary achievement. It’s stuck at 90% because halo:CE stats says I’ve only collected 9/10 of the terminals even though i have all 10 terminal achievements unlocked lol.

I had that issue with the terminal on the Halo 4 mission “Composer”. I booted up the mission and snagged it again, unlocking the achievement. It seems like doing things twice is a sure-fire way to get the achievement to unlock, though that’s not always an attractive solution.

they do, just not on cue.

> 2811398874529013;5:
> You need to beat Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, 343 Guilty Spark. I checked your service record here on halowaypoint.com. It’s showing those levels as incomplete, which means that when you beat them, your Xbox didn’t report it for whatever reason.
>
> Also… coop? beating legendary on coop hardly warrants an achievement anyway, lol.
>
> EDIT: looking through your service record, I’m seeing a lot of missions across the 4 games completed on coop with a score of 0. Were you doing the trick where you sign in with 2 controllers and only play with one?
>
> As for Halo 4 solo, you still need Forerunner and Reclaimer. It says you did those ones on coop.

I just replayed those three missions on Legendary again and the achievements popped. I do play mostly co-op, I just did Halo 4 solo because there’s a specific achievement for that. The missions with 0 score were because my buddy and I were messing around with the scarab skull.

I also replayed Reclaimer and Forerunner on Solo Legendary, sheerly out of boredom, and that achievement did pop. I have not even played Halo 4 co-op yet on MCC, and I only own a single controller.

Thumbs up, MCC mission completion registration system.

I appreciate you taking the time to look through my service record to help me out as opposed to just presenting some copout answer. It seems that those missions, when completed, simply didn’t register the way they should have (i.e. the co-op completion for Forerunner and Reclaimer).

While I’m on the subject, does anyone happen to know a way to force achievements to unlock when they display the “Done! Unlocking…” thing? Most of my Halo 2 mission completion achievements (along with Truth and Reconciliation from CE) are giving me that, which is just annoying. Ironically enough, the achievements for beating Halo 2 on Normal, Heroic, and Legendary did pop.

I’d rather it not be a waiting game if there’s something I can do short of actually replaying them all.

Maybe you head a skull on
?

> 2533274823562138;10:
> Maybe you head a skull on
> ?

The only skull I occasionally put on is IWHBYD, which doesn’t affect achievements. I wish it were that simple, some achievements just do not want to pop.

Just played Halo 3 on Legendary in co-op, and we beat the par time for a couple of levels. It didn’t pop for one level but it did for the other guys, but then it did pop for me and everyone else for another level. Weird

> 2533274906745123;12:
> Just played Halo 3 on Legendary in co-op, and we beat the par time for a couple of levels. It didn’t pop for one level but it did for the other guys, but then it did pop for me and everyone else for another level. Weird

I’ve had similar stuff happen. Played several missions straight with a friend collecting skulls and terminals. His achievements would pop right away, but mine waited until the 4th or so terminal, then all popped at once. It’s a pain.

No idea. Delta Halo in H2 won’t unlock for me, even after going back and beating it twice again.

All mine that have ever been stuck on Done!..unlocking have eventually unlocked, however there are still 3 achievements I should have for completing CE campaign on normal then also easy by default (both showing 9/10) and for completing each level after having viewed its original and remastered modes (showing 9/10) that have been incorrectly tracked in game. I did notice it doesn’t show I competed the Maw when I check my service record here. I should try it again to see if they pop. Now, in the achievements app, it shows progress completing CE campaign on heroic and legendary, which I have not done. Achievements are a mess!

UPDATE: I replayed the Maw and those three achievements popped.

I am having the same problem. I read in another forum that removing and reinstalling your profile has helped some people which is what I am trying just now but it is frustrating looking through my achievements and seeing that I have completed CE on Legendary but don’t have the achievement for completing Pillar of Autumn. It is stuck on ‘Done. Unlocking…’ And has been since day 1

There’s a long running thread just below this one about achievements not popping

I noticed they occur at a later date but the issue I’ve been running into is for completing assault on the control room. It unlocks then relocks.

> 2533274813317074;17:
> There’s a long running thread just below this one about achievements not popping

Sorry for making a redundant thread. I’ve never been much of a forum-goer so I’m kind of a noob at surfing them.

> 2533274818084099;4:
> Achievements will unlock, eventually. Give it all the time it needs.

Even almost two weeks…? Because that’s where I’m standing.