so 343i supports Camping now....

one of the champ pack DLC achieves is where you camp in 1 spot for 60 seconds without dying I KID YOU NOT!, i have to ask, why? camping should be abolished, not rewarded

source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXAQJtyfjD4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTTx-gTU-ePcxHLpF15l8hA

Camping is a legit strategy, just one that is frowned upon.

I wouldn’t take ONE achievement as support for it.

I don’t like that you get rewarded for camping.

edit:
just realized that i will farm those campers:)

Camping? Who on earth comes up with these achievements?

Wait, there’s achievements for these Championship DLC pack? No, I don’t want any more achievements for this silly game. Nor does 343 Industries deserve to charge the player for two maps and a bunch of skins.

No, no and no.

An achievement for camping tell me it’s just a bad dream!

Camping may be a ‘legit’ strategy, but its far, far from being a noble one. I find it very cowardly and cheap.

> I wouldn’t take ONE achievement as support for it.

You’re right–technically, it’s not “support.” However, it does encourage players to play unproductively. Why would 343i do that?

I stopped playing the DLC playlists because there were so many Achievement boosters. It’s very possible that’s why the DLC playlist population has always been as low as it has.

If you put the controller down you might get lucky and left alone to unlock the achievement, if the way it works is by not moving from the same spot for a minute. Or maybe you need to sit in the king of the Hill zone to get it, I don’t know but it doesn’t really show “support”. More of a joke if anything.

Also, is 343i making the maps? Or is that Certain Affinity? Why not blame them?

Camping is a legit strategy, but we can’t see it as black and white, there’s a balance that 343 should be going for here.

It’s possible to encourage too much camping, remember the Camo + Boltshot problem?

The defenition of “camping”, as it relates to Halo: Utilizing map, player, in game tools, communication, and stratagy to anticipate the other teams moves and get the upper hand on the enemy (first shot), thus increasing the chance of a win (team work). Camping (holding down) the most stratigic area and weapon spawns on a map the best way will usually result in victory. If team A has a problem with team B camping, they can just come over and kill them, unless of course they can’t, in wich case they will just say “oh, they just camped for the win”.

> Camping is a legit strategy, just one that is frowned upon.
>
> I wouldn’t take ONE achievement as support for it.

It’s more than that, my good person. It’s an entire way of life…

> > Camping is a legit strategy, just one that is frowned upon.
> >
> > I wouldn’t take ONE achievement as support for it.
>
> It’s more than that, my good person. It’s an entire way of life…

It’s just a way to get some easy kills… I camp all the time :slight_smile:

> The defenition of “camping”, as it relates to Halo: Utilizing map, player, in game tools, communication, and stratagy to anticipate the other teams moves and get the upper hand on the enemy (first shot), thus increasing the chance of a win (team work). Camping (holding down) the most stratigic area and weapon spawns on a map the best way will usually result in victory. If team A has a problem with team B camping, they can just come over and kill them, unless of course they can’t, in wich case they will just say “oh, they just camped for the win”.

Ehhhh, kinda. I do agree that some people mistake holding a power position for camping, but I’ve had teammates who seem to have no problem crouching in a hole the entire game, getting a whopping 6 kills and adding almost nothing to the team.

I’d say that the difference between holding a position and camping is that camping also includes hiding and waiting. Take the top ring on Abandon for example. If you hide around the corner waiting for an enemy, you’re camping. If you run back and forth from side to side looking for enemies, you’re holding a position.

Personally I think it would be better if you didn’t get it if you fired your weapon or meleed

I voted no because I don’t see why it should be illegal. It IS an unskilled way to play and IS a “legit strategy” if you are a complete noob. I think it is ridiculous that they are rewarding campers, yes. And I was pissed when I got the achievement while mowing down continuous enemies on a turret in Pitfall. Camping is not something that should be rewarded because it is a crap tactic and is only used by people who apparently can’t get a kill otherwise. So though I do not believe it should be “illegal” I do believe it should NEVER AGAIN BE REWARDED!!! I don’t know what the hell 343 was thinking. Maybe they thought giving a dumb achievement like that would attract camping players from other games. Yippee, Halo 5’s lobbies will be interesting I guess…

> I voted no because I don’t see why it should be illegal. It IS an unskilled way to play and IS a “legit strategy” if you are a complete noob. I think it is ridiculous that they are rewarding campers, yes. And I was pissed when I got the achievement while mowing down continuous enemies on a turret in Pitfall. Camping is not something that should be rewarded because it is a crap tactic and is only used by people who apparently can’t get a kill otherwise. So though I do not believe it should be “illegal” I do believe it should NEVER AGAIN BE REWARDED!!! I don’t know what the hell 343 was thinking. Maybe they thought giving a dumb achievement like that would attract camping players from other games. Yippee, Halo 5’s lobbies will be interesting I guess…

Reviving old threads is against forum rules.

On topic: I actually found that achievement hilarious.

I think if you have to camp for that long you should get a warning like you get when you leave the map. The only legit reason to stay still in one spot is if you have a long range weapon (Sniper rifles).

> > I voted no because I don’t see why it should be illegal. It IS an unskilled way to play and IS a “legit strategy” if you are a complete noob. I think it is ridiculous that they are rewarding campers, yes. And I was pissed when I got the achievement while mowing down continuous enemies on a turret in Pitfall. Camping is not something that should be rewarded because it is a crap tactic and is only used by people who apparently can’t get a kill otherwise. So though I do not believe it should be “illegal” I do believe it should NEVER AGAIN BE REWARDED!!! I don’t know what the hell 343 was thinking. Maybe they thought giving a dumb achievement like that would attract camping players from other games. Yippee, Halo 5’s lobbies will be interesting I guess…
>
> Reviving old threads is against forum rules.
>
> On topic: I actually found that achievement hilarious.

I’m rather bummed that people took this achievement so seriously. They aren’t rewarding camping. It’s a funny achievement that was specifically designed to aggravate people. 343 has a sense of humor, believe it or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > I voted no because I don’t see why it should be illegal. It IS an unskilled way to play and IS a “legit strategy” if you are a complete noob. I think it is ridiculous that they are rewarding campers, yes. And I was pissed when I got the achievement while mowing down continuous enemies on a turret in Pitfall. Camping is not something that should be rewarded because it is a crap tactic and is only used by people who apparently can’t get a kill otherwise. So though I do not believe it should be “illegal” I do believe it should NEVER AGAIN BE REWARDED!!! I don’t know what the hell 343 was thinking. Maybe they thought giving a dumb achievement like that would attract camping players from other games. Yippee, Halo 5’s lobbies will be interesting I guess…
> >
> > Reviving old threads is against forum rules.
> >
> > On topic: I actually found that achievement hilarious.
>
> I’m rather bummed that people took this achievement so seriously. They aren’t rewarding camping. It’s a funny achievement that was specifically designed to aggravate people. 343 has a sense of humor, believe it or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct. :slight_smile:

> The defenition of “camping”, as it relates to Halo: Utilizing map, player, in game tools, communication, and stratagy to anticipate the other teams moves and get the upper hand on the enemy (first shot), thus increasing the chance of a win (team work). Camping (holding down) the most stratigic area and weapon spawns on a map the best way will usually result in victory. If team A has a problem with team B camping, they can just come over and kill them, unless of course they can’t, in wich case they will just say “oh, they just camped for the win”.

This one gets cobbler for correct answer!

What did you expect? It’s Halo 4 and 343i we’re talking about after all.

And no, camping shouldn’t be rewarded, but 343i knows the remaining population is filled with 8-12 year old kids, so why bother for a competetitive achievement? The competitive population quit in less than six months and with this kind of achievements/behavior, they won’t comeback.

EDIT: I made a similar post months ago about 343i adopting CoD’s model of play (https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst234821_343i-encourages-that-dirty-gameplay.aspx). It’s nothing new, and seems 343i welcomes it so…