So 343 decides to lock my 'Humor Me' post

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why? Because I was asking other here what speeds they were getting on their upload and download? Seems there are quite a few people here who are experiencing the same issues with the ping to Microsoft’s and/or 343’s Halo 5 servers and getting really low speeds. Did we not pay Live Gold fees for a service that should be similar or equal amongst everyone who plays Halo 5 multiplayer? I still contend that 343 has the ability to muck with people’s Xboxes, and this goes back to 2 years ago when they started this whole deranking thing. Everyone on my fireteam was deranking to Platinum and Gold while I stayed at Diamond 1 for several weeks after the ranking change was made. And my Diamond status only came about because I wrote on here that I was done with all things Xbox and Halo unless I got to Diamond before Christmas (2016). Lo and behold, within 2 weeks, I ranked up to Diamond 2. Now, it seems 343 likes to make gaming difficult for those who don’t worship the ground on which they walk. And this is just the latest ploy to get people like me to finally quit playing. So, back to my question about paying for Live Gold for a service that should be similar or equal, which is essentially, a contract: if we’re not getting what we’re paying for, then isn’t 343 and/or Microsoft in breach of that contract? I ping Verizon’s servers from my laptop and I get 50 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload, but when I ping Microsoft’s servers through my Xbox, I get 55 Mbps download and 1.65 Mbps upload. Doesn’t that seem odd to anyone else? And for the life of me, I can’t get past Platinum 5 now. Every time I reach Platinum 5, I get knocked back down to Platinum 2, and even ONE! And I can almost guarantee that 343 will lock/block/delete this post, because what I’m saying here is probably true (I’ll be taking a screenshot as proof), and most likely the last thing they want is a class-action lawsuit for breaching the Live Gold contract between provider and consumer from everyone to which they are doing this. I’m going to start taking screenshots of my Detailed Network Settings the next time I turn on my Xbox and saving them to my external hard drive as proof of the much slower-than-normal speeds, unless they man up and stop messing with people’s gaming speeds, which I contend they are fully capable of doing. I already have a screenshot my friend sent me of his Detailed Network Settings of getting 44 Mbps upload, which is definite proof of a disparity between favored and unfavored Halo 5 players.

1. It wasn’t 343.

2. They gave you a reason why they locked the post.

This isn’t even a “Halo” problem, because you said you were having problems through your entire Xbox.

> 2533274965600590;1:
> So, back to my question about paying for Live Gold for a service that should be similar or equal, which is essentially, a contract: if we’re not getting what we’re paying for, then isn’t 343 and/or Microsoft in breach of that contract? I ping Verizon’s servers from my laptop and I get 50 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload, but when I ping Microsoft’s servers through my Xbox, I get 55 Mbps download and 1.65 Mbps upload.

What are you paying for that you’re not getting?

Is it access to online services? You have that.

Is it a minimum connection speed? That’s between you and your ISP. Microsoft never promised such things.

I don’t know how you came to the conclusion that your next logical step would be to rant about 343i and assume they have the ability to control your games behind the scenes and they are purposely sabotaging your Xbox (and only yours) because you wrote a comment.

You’re basically running around with a sample size of one, and using that to believe the world is ending.