So 20 maps at launch

so there will be 20 maps at launch and so far we know there will be 6 warzone maps and 14 arena maps. Because big team battle and its own seperate maps are coming a few weeks after launch. So we have seen 8 arena maps so far and that leaves 6 left unseen. What are you hoping the remaining 6 arena maps are or look like? Do u think they will just be a different versions of the rig and plaza and such? I hope not, I hope they are 6 more unique maps.

I belief you are forgetting Breakout. That only leaves one or two maps we haven’t seen.

> 2533274796974117;2:
> I belief you are forgetting Breakout. That only leaves one or two maps we haven’t seen.

Actually, those were made in forge and forge maps have already been discounted from the overall map total.

Actually, it’s MORE than 20 maps. So I assume that means anywhere from 21 - 24 maps.

Compared to Halo 4’s like…8.

That’s pretty cool. I get that it’s including Breakout, Arena and Warzone together which are somewhat exclusive to each other but it’s still a decent pool to start with. But quality is just as important and quantity here.

> 2533274796974117;2:
> I belief you are forgetting Breakout. That only leaves one or two maps we haven’t seen.

Breakout maps are done in forge

> 2533274913936758;5:
> Compared to Halo 4’s like…8.
>
> That’s pretty cool. I get that it’s including Breakout, Arena and Warzone together which are somewhat exclusive to each other but it’s still a decent pool to start with. But quality is just as important and quantity here.

Breakout maps aren’t counted as they are forge maps.

We also have to remember each arena map has a remix as well.

Yeah, like others said, I believe Forge maps do not count. And 343i has said many times that there will be over 20 maps at launch (6 already confirmed for Warzone and 14+ for Arena). Quinn Delhoyo reiterates the “over 20 maps” statement here in a recent interview: Halo 5 Details and Gameplay with Josh Holmes and Quinn DelHoyo - YouTube

Lazy link.

> 2533274796457055;9:
> Lazy link.

Ha ha, thank you! Yes, it was lazy of me and I was thinking of editing my post then said screw it! :slight_smile:

> 2533274913936758;5:
>
> That’s pretty cool. I get that it’s including Breakout, Arena and Warzone together which are somewhat exclusive to each other but it’s still a decent pool to start with. But quality is just as important and quantity here.

Agreed!

I just hope they aren’t a lot of remake maps or maps that have two versions… I want completely different maps :slight_smile:

That sounds normal most games launch with 20 maps and players dwindle those maps down to 5 to 10 maps we like so most of those maps get little to no play.

> 2533274913936758;5:
>

Halo CE Launched with 13. there are an additional 6 maps in the PC version.
Halo 2 Launched with 12. And ended up with 23. there are an additional 3 maps in the PC version.
Halo 3 Launched with 11 but no canvases. And ended up with 21 and 2 canvases.
Reach Launched with 8 plus forge world. And ended up with 19 plus forge world.
Halo 4 Launched with 10 plus 3 forge canvases. And ended up with 21 and 4 forge canvases.

so yeah 20+ at launch is a lot. (14+ arena/Breakout, 6 Warzone).

EDIT- Plus 15+ post launch maps (6 Warzone)
Plus the forge maps; we’ve seen 5 maps forged on space (Crossfire, trench, Altitude, Gambol, Trident) as well as 2 forged on Alpine (Orion and Pegasus). now I’m going to go out on a limb hear and assume that there are also some maps in the game forged off Glacier ( you can see one in the Vidoc).

> 2533274796974117;2:

Those don’t count as real maps

woo hoo maps! plus all the free ones as dlc. can’t complain about that. I’m just waiting on the new pit remake.

Fine number for me.