Snipers.

That’s TEAM Snipers, and it’s broken.

Why?

1. There is no de-scoping. The whole game is based on who can get 2 body shots faster. I abhor this. I played tons of Team Snipers in Reach, even in 3, and the de-scoping rewarded those who could get a headshot. In Halo 4, however, headshots are fairly negligible. If you were too slow to aim, you got punished.

2. The beam rifle. Why is this in snipers? This causes the game to almost be an objective type, where map control is determined by the team with the Beamie. In other words, the whole game becomes EVEN less about who can actually snipe, and more about who can camp is one spot getting effortless snapshots.

3. Pummel. This, at least for me, has been a bit of a problem since Reach. It’s far too easy to sprint at someone and double pummel them. Honestly, I think that pummel should be made a 3-4 hit kill, just for snipers.

4. Shotty snipers. Let me say that again. SHOTTY snipers. Why the heck is this in my playlist? I play snipers because I want to snipe, and because I want to fight other snipers. I do not want to run away from kids who think it’s open season. If you’re one of those CSR wizards, especially in this playlist, you might also get a little angry. Why should a snipers game be based on who can get the closest?

5. Bullet magnetism. Look at any game of H3 or Reach snipers, and you will see that you actually have to AIM for the head. That’s all I need say.

So there you have it. Snipers is tragically broken. All I can say.

Before you reply, please note I am no good at this game and therefore I know I do not have as much of a right to complain.

1. Descoping is an issue, but it won’t be one that is resolved in Halo 4.

2. Treat the Beam like you would any other power weapon in most playlists. Fight for it and try to control it. I have zero issue with its inclusion in snipers.

3. #Deal with it

4. I love Shotty Snipers, I have since Halo 3. It’s so much fun.

5. Sniping in Halo 3 was hard for a lot of the wrong reasons. Sniping in Reach was easier than Halo 4.

I agree on the magnetism.
Its so high in this game compared to Reach or halo 3.

Every weapon has to much magnetism.
Hope 343 lower it so players have to aim for a kill or wait until the bloom resets. (DMR,AR etc.)

> 1. Descoping is an issue, but it won’t be one that is resolved in Halo 4.
>
> 2. Treat the Beam like you would any other power weapon in most playlists. Fight for it and try to control it. I have zero issue with its inclusion in snipers.
>
> 3. #Deal with it
>
> 4. I love Shotty Snipers, I have since Halo 3. It’s so much fun.
>
> 5. Sniping in Halo 3 was hard for a lot of the wrong reasons. Sniping in Reach was easier than Halo 4.

1. Yes, unfortunatley.

2. No. I play snipers because it eliminates the incessant fight for power weapons, and puts everyone on a level playing field, or at least, should.

3. Yes, I have dealt with it since 3, but change would be nice.

4. It was in action sack in Reach, should be in action sack now.

5. I found sniping in 3 difficult but fun; Reach’s sniping was easier but still fun; Halo 4, anyone can do it.

> > 1. Descoping is an issue, but it won’t be one that is resolved in Halo 4.
> >
> > 2. Treat the Beam like you would any other power weapon in most playlists. Fight for it and try to control it. I have zero issue with its inclusion in snipers.
> >
> > 3. #Deal with it
> >
> > 4. I love Shotty Snipers, I have since Halo 3. It’s so much fun.
> >
> > 5. Sniping in Halo 3 was hard for a lot of the wrong reasons. Sniping in Reach was easier than Halo 4.
>
> 1. Yes, unfortunatley.
>
> 2. No. I play snipers because it eliminates the incessant fight for power weapons, and puts everyone on a level playing field, or at least, should.
>
> 3. Yes, I have dealt with it since 3, but change would be nice.
>
> 4. It was in action sack in Reach, should be in action sack now.
>
> 5. I found sniping in 3 difficult but fun; Reach’s sniping was easier but still fun; Halo 4, anyone can do it.

1. Yep

2. We’re using long range weaponss, it’s still a matter of who sees who first. And if I remember correctly, Halo 3 had Beam Rifle on map.

3. Taking out pummel of snipers would be like taking out punishmet for being careless and letting others get too close. (And just wanted to put this here, just because: http://i.imgur.com/QSs4yxL.gif )

4. It has the sniper, so you can still snipe, just mantain other people at a distance to not die from shotgun… like a sniper.

5. I don’t see difference between sniping on Halo Reach and 4.

> > > 1. Descoping is an issue, but it won’t be one that is resolved in Halo 4.
> > >
> > > 2. Treat the Beam like you would any other power weapon in most playlists. Fight for it and try to control it. I have zero issue with its inclusion in snipers.
> > >
> > > 3. #Deal with it
> > >
> > > 4. I love Shotty Snipers, I have since Halo 3. It’s so much fun.
> > >
> > > 5. Sniping in Halo 3 was hard for a lot of the wrong reasons. Sniping in Reach was easier than Halo 4.
> >
> > 1. Yes, unfortunatley.
> >
> > 2. No. I play snipers because it eliminates the incessant fight for power weapons, and puts everyone on a level playing field, or at least, should.
> >
> > 3. Yes, I have dealt with it since 3, but change would be nice.
> >
> > 4. It was in action sack in Reach, should be in action sack now.
> >
> > 5. I found sniping in 3 difficult but fun; Reach’s sniping was easier but still fun; Halo 4, anyone can do it.
>
> 1. Yep
>
> 2. We’re using long range weaponss, it’s still a matter of who sees who first. And if I remember correctly, Halo 3 had Beam Rifle on map.
>
> 3. Taking out pummel of snipers would be like taking out punishmet for being careless and letting others get too close. (And just wanted to put this here, just because: http://i.imgur.com/QSs4yxL.gif )
>
> 4. It has the sniper, so you can still snipe, just mantain other people at a distance to not die from shotgun… like a sniper.
>
> 5. I don’t see difference between sniping on Halo Reach and 4.

1. Yep yep.

2. H3’s Beamie wasn’t a ticket to 17 no-scopes.

3. I suppose you’re right; however, it still offers an easy option out of snapshot battles.

4. Snipers is not just long range combat, but also CQC with a long range weapon. That’s part of the skill it takes to win it. Adding the shotgun made it too easy.

5. Halo 4 sniping IS easier; there is a ridiculous amount of additional magnetism.

> 3. Yes, I have dealt with it since 3, but change would be nice.

Change is what has made halo what it is today… terrible… Shotty snipers is one of the more fun game types. it keeps people from camping in the back of maps

EDIT:

Change in the wrong way. like the magnetic bullets

Am i the only one who finds it harder to snipe with the lack of descoping? I’m so used to Sniping in Halo 3/Reach that it’s seriously messing me up.

Shotty Snipers is lame but they’re probably not going to do anything about it. Pummeling is always gonna’ be a thing. Not like they’re gonna disable melee. The Beamn Rifle is bonkers and the easiest think in Halo history to no scope with.

Also the maps are too damn big.

> That’s TEAM Snipers, and it’s broken.
>
> Why?
>
> 1. There is no de-scoping. The whole game is based on who can get 2 body shots faster. I abhor this. I played tons of Team Snipers in Reach, even in 3, and the de-scoping rewarded those who could get a headshot. In Halo 4, however, headshots are fairly negligible. If you were too slow to aim, you got punished.
>
> 2. The beam rifle. Why is this in snipers? This causes the game to almost be an objective type, where map control is determined by the team with the Beamie. In other words, the whole game becomes EVEN less about who can actually snipe, and more about who can camp is one spot getting effortless snapshots.
>
> 3. Pummel. This, at least for me, has been a bit of a problem since Reach. It’s far too easy to sprint at someone and double pummel them. Honestly, I think that pummel should be made a 3-4 hit kill, just for snipers.
>
> <mark>4. Shotty snipers. Let me say that again. SHOTTY snipers. Why the heck is this in my playlist? I play snipers because I want to snipe, and because I want to fight other snipers. I do not want to run away from kids who think it’s open season. If you’re one of those CSR wizards, especially in this playlist, you might also get a little angry. Why should a snipers game be based on who can get the closest?</mark>
>
> 5. Bullet magnetism. Look at any game of H3 or Reach snipers, and you will see that you actually have to AIM for the head. That’s all I need say.
>
> So there you have it. Snipers is tragically broken. All I can say.
>
> Before you reply, please note I am no good at this game and therefore I know I do not have as much of a right to complain.

Personally, i don’t like Team Snipers in Halo 4. I liked it back in Reach. Also, I’m very surprised Shotty Snipers is in Team Snipers. I expected it to be in Action Sack like it was back in Halo Reach. Anyone agree?

Riot, exactly what I said earlier; it should’ve stayed there. Action sack seems like a place for all of the miscellaneous games; Shotty Snipers belongs there.