Snipers playlist

Do you agree that this playlist needs updating?

There’s too much uncaged, there needs to be bigger maps. Or at least more Hemmorage.

Less Reflection.

Utilise Firefight maps for Sniper matches?

Inclusion of Classic maps

Focus Rifle variants?

Big Team Snipers

Shotty-Snipes

Bungie Forums

There should be no secondaries at all. BTB Snipers is annoying as -Yoink-. And shotty snipers is an absolute pukefest, because all anyone does is shotty camp.

I really hate secondary weapons in Team Snipers like Thrash. They had it right in Halo 2 when Snipers was only the Sniper Rifle and the Beam Rifle. Then in Halo 3 we saw Shotty Snipers, which was lame. Now in Reach there are Pistols with Snipers.

The Focus Rifle is a sorry excuse for the Beam Rifle. I really miss that gun. If there was a gametype variant with Focus Rifles that would be terrible, the kill time for that gun is too long anyway.

The playlist badly needs more maps though. There is already a shortage of good maps for this game, so I’m not sure what would work well. Maybe add Asylum and Breakpoint to Snipers. Definitely don’t want to see Countdown for Snipers like some have wanted.

Cool hey, only last month.

Snipers needs a complete revamp and new maps added.

Maps that should be taken out: Reflection and Hemorrhage (Blue spawn is unfair in the worst ways; more-so than blue pinnacle was). I would also say Powerhouse too, but that could be pushing it.

Maps that need to stay: Uncaged, Boardwalk, Atom

Maps that need to be put in: Zealot, Countdown, Asylum/Sanct, Select, Sword base (You’d be surprised). Then some of the 6 maps that come out with CE (Especially Beaver Creek)

Also, they need to take either the nades or pistol out of Snipes. I use it because I get bored, but more kids run around with the pistol out, or just throwing nades to get kills than anything.

Either way. I wish it would be updated…and soon.

Uncaged, atom, ETC should be taken out. Its just a giant no scope fest.
Hemorrhage is stupidly unfair, but its a good size. reflection and hemorrhage are the best right now.

In my personal opinion, when the map forces stealthy movement, the standard Snipers variant works perfectly and the game becomes amazing.

For example, I once played Spire in BTB Snipers – not a setup that I expected to be fun at all… But the map’s titular power position forced stealthy movement for both sides. If someone on the ground ran out into the open too carelessly, they’d be picked off from above; and if someone on the Spire moved toward the edge too quickly or obviously, they’d be picked off from below. Movement was actually stealthy and deliberate. Grenades and Magnums were useful in the few occasions where you’d run into somebody on the ground, but most of the time, people actually spent the map sniping. A few more games of Snipers on Spire confirmed this impression.

As opposed to, say, Snipers on Reflection, where everyone treats the weapon as if it were a shotgun with four shots between reloads.

IMO we need huge maps with power positions that both view and are visible from the majority of the map – making them as vulnerable as they are powerful, and forcing cautious, well-thought-out movement.

EDIT: All that said, Hemorrhage is terrible. It’s large enough to promote stealthy gameplay, but it is also far too open. Routes of travel lack useful cover and pretty much every perch and path is predictable, making it extremely easy for one side (usually Red) to trap the other in their base.

EDIT2: Boneyard with some additional cover (and perhaps a few more paths from Refinery to Bulkheads) could work well. Breakpoint could as well, though there’s a lot of open ground that may need cover added.

boneyard SHOULD be in there. So should spire, but a special version with part of the back blocked off.

> boneyard SHOULD be in there. So should spire, but a special version with part of the back blocked off.

Spartan back or Elite back?

> Do you agree that this playlist needs updating? Nope
>
> There’s too much uncaged, there needs to be bigger maps. Or at least more Hemmorage. Nope, Nope
>
> Less Reflection. Maybe
>
> Utilise Firefight maps for Sniper matches? Likely hard to pull off and would probably not play well
>
> Inclusion of Classic maps Yup
>
> Focus Rifle variants? Nope
>
> Big Team Snipers Maybe
>
> Shotty-Snipes Nope
>
> Bungie Forums

IDK, the really big section where the first phase takes place on invasion.

“Containment” by III Jambo III would be a great Sniper map. You can find the download link under the the Forge foum in the stickied Classic Remakes thread. Basis Hills and Camp Froman would also be good Sniper maps.

If you are looking for slayer versions of Spire and Boneyard check out XX Overkill VR fileshare for Spiral and Boneless.

I agree Team Snipers needs more maps. So does SWAT.

> Then in Halo 3 we saw Shotty Snipers

Shotty Snipes was in Halo 2 as well. Many a game of Shotty Snipes on Lockout was played and enjoyed by all.

> IDK, the really big section where the first phase takes place on invasion.

You kidding? That’s one of the best places to counter the people on top of the Spire! It’s open enough to have an amazing view of the Spire, and it has plenty of cover to shoot from. A team sitting in Phase 1 looking up at the Spire from cover can pick off anyone that walks near its edge.

huge maps need to be taken out because the games are boring go on for too long. there should be no secondaries at all. the playlist is about your skill with a sniper rifle (at any range). there should also be no radar. team snipers was perfect when the playlist first launched in halo 2.