Snipers on Hemorrhage SUCKS. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

This is defenately a rage post. has anyone notices how -Yoink- snipers on hemorrage is. Immediately! when the game starts the whole team goes strait to the back of the map and its almost like who ever gets there whole team to back of the map first wins and it pisses me off. Also, every time I search in team snipers its alway Hemorrage or The cage,which has -Yoink- spawn points and everyone uses the pistol on the cage. much better :).

I play Team Snipers for snipers, not for pistols. Hemorrhage fits the bill perfectly. you mad?

Oh god, I know! All of those long sight lines and multiple points of approach… I hate it. Come on people, the sniper rifle was not made for wide open spaces. It was made for cramped, confined areas. And snipers pro? Snipers minus pistols and grenades? Madness, I say. I think every snipes game should be on Zealot, with the top walkway walled off.
I can’t believe how many people think that the snipe should be used for sniping people. It should be used to decorate the back of your armor while you melee and pistol your enemies frantically, and nothing more : )
Ha, alright, maybe that was a little harsh. I just had Hemorrhage vetoed about four times in a row for shotty maps. I am still bitter :smiley:

Oh, but incidentally, despite the trash I talk, I do sort of miss shotty-snipes. It made those confined maps much more fun, in my opinion. And there is some merit to what the OP said about the two halves retreating to their respective sides.
My only problem with the map, really, is how screwed blue team is from the get-go. For some reason, that base just isn’t quite as good as red

I also do not care for snipers on hemorrhage. the games go on for way too long and it becomes a campfest. I don’t care what your definition of ‘sniping’ is, hemorrhage still makes the gametype boring.

team snipers in halo 2 was PERFECT. the maps in that playlist were of all sizes but were not so big that the games went on forever. the only guns you had were a sniper rifle and a beam rifle and there was also no radar. I hate how they added shotguns in halo 3 and now magnums in reach. learn to no-scope, kids. the team snipers playlist is all about who is better with a sniper rifle regardless of range.

but yes, hemorrhage is a terrible map for team snipers.

> This is defenately a rage post. has anyone notices how Yoink! snipers on hemorrage is. Immediately! when the game starts the whole team goes strait to the back of the map and its almost like who ever gets there whole team to back of the map first wins and it pisses me off. Also, every time I search in team snipers its alway Hemorrage or The cage,which has Yoink! spawn points and everyone uses the pistol on the cage. much better :).

Let me get this straight you want:

-Team Snipers that utilizes a long range weapon, on small maps instead of large maps where Sniping is perfect.
-You want people to not camp with the Sniper like they are supposed to. It’s like asking a human not to camp in Infection.

Team Snipers is all about being patient and honing your skills with the scope.

> Team Snipers is all about being patient and honing your skills with the scope.

And sneaking up on people and assassinating them. =)

There were two reasons I clicked on this thread.

1. I hate snipers on Hemorrhage

2. That little demon-crab/dragon thingy in the thread title

Hemorrhage is too big for snipers, one of the beauty of playing snipers is being able to see the entire length of the map, it is just too big. If you just spawned over by the ocean and there is some dude way off over in tarnation all climbed up a huge stack of rocks that he is also hiding behind. He is so far away that the game does not even render him until you pull out you 10X scope and gaze out in search for him. You are going to get spawned and killed within about 30 seconds a good number of times before you find him simply because the map is garbage for snipers. Countdown is a pretty good map for snipers, it has a few long lines of sight, it has close quarters, and it has plenty of floor space so the game doesn’t seem too fast paced. Construct is another good snipers map, and so is last resort. The best snipers maps can’t be too big or too open because one team can set up against the other almost instantly in positions that don’t even put them in jeopardy of being shot.

> > This is defenately a rage post. has anyone notices how Yoink! snipers on hemorrage is. Immediately! when the game starts the whole team goes strait to the back of the map and its almost like who ever gets there whole team to back of the map first wins and it pisses me off. Also, every time I search in team snipers its alway Hemorrage or The cage,which has Yoink! spawn points and everyone uses the pistol on the cage. much better :).
>
> Let me get this straight you want:
>
> -Team Snipers that utilizes a long range weapon, on small maps instead of large maps where Sniping is perfect.
> -You want people to not camp with the Sniper like they are supposed to. It’s like asking a human not to camp in Infection.
>
> Team Snipers is all about being patient and honing your skills with the scope.

I don’t know where you have got the idea that you are supposed to camp with the Sniper. Maybe in other games, but not in Halo. Halo isn’t a realistic military shooter. It’s an arena style shooter which is about moving around the map to help your teamand control the map. I don’t know what Bungie was trying to get with Halo Reach, but allowing camping was a bad choice.

Why should anyone camp? It grants easy kills, but what do you get from those easy kills? They definitely don’t make you a better player. If you play like that all the time and then end up into a different situation, you will get killed. In the end, you’re only digging your own grave.

So get moving out of the corner of the map and learn to play. Most of the time I see a player on Hemorrhage while I’m in the middle of the map, I beat them because they just stand still while I put a headshot in their face. That’s because they have only learned to camp and don’t know anything about the concept of strafing.

Camping should be discouraged, Halo isn’t meant to be a game of campers. It isn’t meant to be about who gets bored last.

> > > This is defenately a rage post. has anyone notices how Yoink! snipers on hemorrage is. Immediately! when the game starts the whole team goes strait to the back of the map and its almost like who ever gets there whole team to back of the map first wins and it pisses me off. Also, every time I search in team snipers its alway Hemorrage or The cage,which has Yoink! spawn points and everyone uses the pistol on the cage. much better :).
> >
> > Let me get this straight you want:
> >
> > -Team Snipers that utilizes a long range weapon, on small maps instead of large maps where Sniping is perfect.
> > -You want people to not camp with the Sniper like they are supposed to. It’s like asking a human not to camp in Infection.
> >
> > Team Snipers is all about being patient and honing your skills with the scope.
>
> I don’t know where you have got the idea that you are supposed to camp with the Sniper. Maybe in other games, but not in Halo. Halo isn’t a realistic military shooter. It’s an arena style shooter which is about moving around the map to help your teamand control the map. I don’t know what Bungie was trying to get with Halo Reach, but allowing camping was a bad choice.
>
> Why should anyone camp? It grants easy kills, but what do you get from those easy kills? They definitely don’t make you a better player. If you play like that all the time and then end up into a different situation, you will get killed. In the end, you’re only digging your own grave.
>
> So get moving out of the corner of the map and learn to play. Most of the time I see a player on Hemorrhage while I’m in the middle of the map, I beat them because they just stand still while I put a headshot in their face. That’s because they have only learned to camp and don’t know anything about the concept of strafing.
>
> Camping should be discouraged, Halo isn’t meant to be a game of campers. It isn’t meant to be about who gets bored last.

I think your confusing Team Snipers with regular slayer. And on top of that, I don’t think you quite understand the whole idea behind this gametype. Hell from Halo C.E. to Halo 2 (which both had Blood Gulch) and Halo 3 with Valhalla, Team Snipers has always been about the big maps. It’s a long ranged weapon. If you’re talking about Arena style, go play Arena’s period not Team Snipers. I don’t think I can get more clear than what you do with a Sniper Rifle which is snuff out players on the otherside of the map. Last I checked, I didn’t see Jun charging out in Nightfall with guns ablazing.

The whole mentality with Sniping is using distance and the scope to kill. The last person that went out in the middle on Hemmorhage today in my match got shot down like a pig. If you’re voting for maps like Reflection or Powerhouse or The Cage or Asylum, then that doesn’t really put your sniping skills to the test. All it is, is a while bunch of the exact opposite:

-Melee-fest
-Pistoleers (Why it’s in Team Snipers is beyond me)
-Frag-fest (Why it’s in Team Snipers is beyond me)
-No Scoping
-And a whole bunch of, let’s go around corners

The way I see it is, it’s a lot less skillful when you use the Sniper Rifle for something else than cross mapping. I don’t see how any true skilled Sniper would want to play on anything else aside from Hemmorhage.

As far as camping, you must of gotten a different thought of what camping is. Yeah, Hemmorhage is a big place but camping in my eyes is in one general area, not just sitting in one exact spot. I strafe around one general area and I do very well because me and my Teammates have great communication and control of the map because we know the good spots to control. If I lose on that map which is once in a while is because the other team has better skills and I wont be complaining about that because it’s legit. All in all, I don’t know how you play your Snipers game by sprinting around thinking it’s just another Slayer match.

Halo is indeed about map control. The sniper’s point is to assist controlling from afar. Camping.
Honestly, the smart thing to do in snipers is to get a few kills from one spot, then move on to the next spot.
People who use pistols and gernades in team snipers need to get out, i play team snipers so i can snipe.

I personally think that the Sniper rifle on “Uncaged” is even more broken.

Just sayin’…

The problem I have with Hemorrhage is how slow the game is. I find most of the time I play on that map I’m just searching for people along the walls. People just camp the whole game too. The only reason I really don’t like it is b/c it’s boring.

The smaller maps where you have to move and react quicker are better and more fun IMO.

> The problem I have with Hemorrhage is how slow the game is. I find most of the time I play on that map I’m just searching for people along the walls. People just camp the whole game too. The only reason I really don’t like it is b/c it’s boring.
>
> The smaller maps where you have to move and react quicker are better and more fun IMO.

If you’re looking for a fast paced game, Team Snipers is the wrong playlist for that.

> > The problem I have with Hemorrhage is how slow the game is. I find most of the time I play on that map I’m just searching for people along the walls. People just camp the whole game too. The only reason I really don’t like it is b/c it’s boring.
> >
> > The smaller maps where you have to move and react quicker are better and more fun IMO.
>
> If you’re looking for a fast paced game, Team Snipers is the wrong playlist for that.

It’s actually quite fun and fast paced. I’m just specifically griping about Hemorrhage.

its not fun and face paced for the people that play team snipers, for ,you know, sniping.
If you wanna go all no scope, play custom games. Snipers should be removed and leave snipers pro the only gametype.
and for gods sake, remove atom from the maps list. The whole freaking map is controlled by the team who successfully camps on the 3 story tower first, as there is no higher ground than it so no one can pick off those people unless the other people can see them as well.

I don’t mind Hemorrhage for Snipers. I probably win 75% of my games on it, anyway.