Snipers. Haven. Beam Rifle

What. The actual. Hell.

Point one; what absolute halfwit decided that Haven, the pokiest, most un-covered and tight quartered (and, in personal opinion, worst) map in Halo 4…and put it in the Team SNIPERS playlist? This…it…I…Well done. You have now found Level 0. This is stupid on a whole new level, enough to break the scale.

Remove Haven from Snipers. It’s bad enough on normal modes, but on snipers? This is just beyond stupid.

Point two; The Beam Rifle. i.e. the GodBeam. You see someone, spam trigger twice, they die. Duck back into cover to reload. No ammo worries, 'cos infinite ammo. Snipers at least have a RoF that allows people, if they’re quick enough, to move, duck into cover, pull back, duck, jump, whatever. You get in line of the Beam Rifle, you die. It’s that simple. No skill, just point and beam spam.

Get it out. Failing that, reduce the RoF to something even VAGUELY fair, and less woefully broken.

I was going to make a thread thanking 343 for listening and fixing the godawful first iteration of Team Snipers (kill cams? Radar? INSTA-RESPAWN? Someone on the Dev team needs their Common Sense levels checking, seriously…) but no, I had to run into this instead. This is just beyond stupid.

I disagree, Haven is the best map in Halo 4. But it’s not good for Snipers.

I think Haven is one of the better maps on the game, it flows better than most cause it isnt filled with boxes everywhere. May not be a good level for snipers but im sure its not that bad

The only thing I agree with you is about the Beam Rifle.
Its so annoying.

The only thing I agree with you is about the Beam Rifle.
Its so annoying.

It is a god beam, but I never spammed. I just scored 4 no scopes with an overkill, and I dont mean those stupid snapshots, I mean LEGIT no scopes.

Haven being bad is just my opinion. I honestly hate that map with a hatred bordering on the combined disgust of everyone who ever hated Swordbase, all at the same time.

That is, however, just my opinion. What is FACT, though, is that this is a CQB map and is NOT right for Snipers. There’s no cover, long open corridors, the open top of the map…The Beam Rifle just adds insult to injury. I didn’t see anyone in that last match going for headshots unless by accident. It was always a double-tap bodyshot. It’s just a farce.

Oddly enough, due to the larger map sizes in general, Haven plays decent in Snipers. Decent.

On one hand, I think the Beam Rifle is too easy / too strong. On the other, it sort of fills the niche of being the single Power Weapon on the map.

Wait, did they add the beam rifle in Team Snipers? I haven’t been able to get on yet.

> Wait, did they add the beam rifle in Team Snipers? I haven’t been able to get on yet.

As a map pickup, yes.

> > Wait, did they add the beam rifle in Team Snipers? I haven’t been able to get on yet.
>
> As a map pickup, yes.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

I for one don’t mind haven as a snipers map. actually played alot of FFA customs with snipers only on it.

Don’t mind the beam rifle either. It’s a map pickup for a reason. hell, in halo 2 you spawned with it. This makes it essentially like Halo 3 team snipers now, which is fine and dandy with me.

BTW, i’ll just leave this idea here.

NO SCOPES ON GRIFBALL COURT!

Haven is the best map in the game atm. Snipers is a lot of fun on it. Sorry it’s not a giant map for you to hide on.

> It is a god beam, but I never spammed. I just scored 4 no scopes with an overkill, and I dont mean those stupid snapshots, I mean LEGIT no scopes.

I’m afraid I don’t follow. You get a snapshot medal for every no scope, so what do you mean here?

> Haven is the best map in the game atm. Snipers is a lot of fun on it. Sorry it’s not a giant map for you to hide on.

So four people camping the top level and spam sniping anything that moves is the new definition of fun?

Guess I’ll be quitting whenever we get Haven force voted in Snipers then 'cos, sorry, that’s not my idea of fun.

> > It is a god beam, but I never spammed. I just scored 4 no scopes with an overkill, and I dont mean those stupid snapshots, I mean LEGIT no scopes.
>
> I’m afraid I don’t follow. You get a snapshot medal for every no scope, so what do you mean here?

No, you get a snapshot medals for killing a player with a sniper while unscoped.

Noscopes are unzoomed headshots.

Sure, fast fire rate, but the Beam Rifle has the lowest damage per shot out of the sniper weapons. I’ve seen people take 3 because they remained in motion properly. Forcing the shot to graze is a fairly good trick.

> > > It is a god beam, but I never spammed. I just scored 4 no scopes with an overkill, and I dont mean those stupid snapshots, I mean LEGIT no scopes.
> >
> > I’m afraid I don’t follow. You get a snapshot medal for every no scope, so what do you mean here?
>
> No, you get a snapshot medals for killing a player with a sniper while unscoped.
>
> Noscopes are unzoomed headshots.

That’s news to me. For as long as I can remember a no scope is just shooting someone with your sniper rifle while not scoped in. Honestly if I only get a body shot the first time then don’t expect me to go for a headshot on the second shot and potentially waste ammo. As far as I’m concerned it’s a no scope, and no fancy shmancy medal calling it a “snapshot” is gunna make me categorize it any differently. Why?

Because there was no scope involved in that!

heeee goooooot aaaaaaaaaaaaaa…

> > Haven is the best map in the game atm. Snipers is a lot of fun on it. Sorry it’s not a giant map for you to hide on.
>
> So four people camping the top level and spam sniping anything that moves is the new definition of fun?
>
> Guess I’ll be quitting whenever we get Haven force voted in Snipers then 'cos, sorry, that’s not my idea of fun.

Fun is subjective.

Also, “Spam Sniping”? C’mon. Maybe you should just try and get better.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter, and please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343 get the dlck outta your mouth and fix the auto aim, all team snipers is now is auto head shot no scope beam rifle, but noooooo you like a dlck in your mouth…