Sniper Tips for an Old Player? :)

Hey guys I’ve been a Halo player since the beginning but through out every gun I am the worst with the Sniper Rifle xD Any tips for me? What sensitivity or something? Thanks for the help! :smiley:

I’m not a good sniper either … often times I just ignore a rifle if I come across it. They usually end up getting me killed, to be honest. I tend to stick with my DMR with an Assault Rifle or Storm Rifle secondary. Occasionally I’ll get a couple of kills with one, and I tend to do best with the Binary Rifle.
I’ve tried adjusting my sensitivity, and lowering it helps with the sniper rifle, but then my movement seems too sluggish. So I really don’t know.
I think for those of us Combat Evolved Veterans they should bring back the 60 round Assault Rifle so we can just mow down the snipers.

I am the same. I’m a pretty decent payer too, normally finish top 3 with 5 or less deaths. I find it actually easier to snapshot kill or lower shields then change to DMR headshot. I really struggle with it. That and the gauss hog I’m hopeless with…

I’m an expert with the Sniper Rifle. To be good with it, it takes time and skill. Personally, i recommend trying it through SpOps, just to get a feel for it, then work with it on Big Team Battle. But, if i were you i would haul -Yoink- and get it, because its the first weapon to go. If you want, I can show you how to use it. Feel free to msg me or Riot Rojas, since we are both Sniper Lovers, :smiley:

At first I sucked with the sniper, now I am pretty good with it, my tips is use spartan ops and campaign missions where you are able to use the sniper and also try using forge just to get a feel for the rifle. In a Slayer Match use the DMR, it’s accurate and has pretty good range, so you can kind of use it for practice or a substitute before using the actual thing. You don’t need to be pinpoint accurate with a headshot as long as you can get him twice you’re good. I recommend maybe try Team Snipers, but that game mode is for people who know how to use it but give it a chance it might work out.

Just try to sit still while you take your shot, put your sensetivity to around 4 and Have a DMR or BR as secondary to finish off bodyshots.

My best tip to give you when you are sniping is to use the right stick as little as possible, try to get your cross hairs at head shot level and keep them there and just strafe into your shots with the right stick, I learnt this trick in halo reach and I have been loving the sniper ever since. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback and help guys! you all rock! :smiley:

I agree with MrMartini about bringing back the 60 round Assault Rifle, that thing was beast!

Riot Revi I’ll message you when I’m free and maybe you could train me! Gamertag is DisasterMastr.

Dj Despro it’s so weird how I am so pro with the DMR like man I get headshots but I freaking suck with the sniper xD It’s like a curse hahaha.

MAD S1X,Unease P34nut, and HARD BOYLED I’ll try those tips they seem useful :smiley:
Anyways Thank you guys so much for the help I really appreciate it! :DD

I think I’m the only Team Snipers 50 on the forums so I feel obligated to post here but there’s not much I can tell you. Sniping is something you figure out on your own. It’s a twitch reflex ability to snipe well and no-scoping reliably requires huge amounts of practice.

Are we talking sniping in general or Team Snipers specifically? Both are very different. I’m pretty good at both though so I’ll help if you can ask specific questions.

If someone’s coming at you at close to medium range and you don’t have much time, try to lower their shields with a single bodyshot and then instantly melee or switch to another weapon to finish them.

> If someone’s coming at you at close to medium range and you don’t have much time, try to lower their shields with a single bodyshot and then instantly melee or switch to another weapon to finish them.

^
I always fall prey to this. I get a shotgun and charge at a guy holding a sniper, waiting until the last moment so it’s a one-shot-kill thinking “you’ll never hit me at this range, you’re going down” and next thing I know I’m getting tea-bagged and staring dumbfounded at the screen.
It doesn’t annoy me, my reaction is more like “well played”.

> I’m an expert with the Sniper Rifle. To be good with it, it takes time and skill. Personally, i recommend trying it through SpOps, just to get a feel for it, then work with it on Big Team Battle. But, if i were you i would haul -Yoink!- and get it, because its the first weapon to go. If you want, I can show you how to use it. Feel free to msg me or Riot Rojas, since we are both Sniper Lovers, :smiley:

Well, guess you beat me to it.

OT: Like she said, we’ll be happy to assist you. One tip I can give you, when you use a sniper. *Patience

I would first start off by choosing easy targets that are in clear view. This will give you time to get use to aiming and following the target. As time goes by aiming will be second nature and reaction time will increase also.

Being a good sniper doesn’t mean much when your not helping all of your teammates. I prefer a sniper that can assist in putting a few bullets to a Banshee or Mantis to help bring it down rather than sitting back and waiting for their K/D kill.

> I would first start off by choosing easy targets that are in clear view. This will give you time to get use to aiming and following the target. As time goes by aiming will be second nature and reaction time will increase also.
>
> Being a good sniper doesn’t mean much when your not helping all of your teammates. I prefer a sniper that can assist in putting a few bullets to a Banshee or Mantis to help bring it down rather than sitting back and waiting for their K/D kill.

YES!!! Ragnarok, people who camo and sit at their base, when you got a banshee, a hog and a mantis rolling around -Yoink- ME TO TEARS!!!

Lay waste to the vehicles first they will rack up so many more kills than what you will picking off people who pop their head up over middle rock…

As Eli said “Anyone can get positive 3/4 KD with a sniper rifle and camo on BTB, but very few can say they have taken games against pros in the competitive arena.”

I use my right stick to get the reticle close to my target and level with his head. I then strafe until the reticle lines up with him, at which point I fire.

> I use my right stick to get the reticle close to my target and level with his head. I then strafe until the reticle lines up with him, at which point I fire.

I don’t believe you. Pics or it didn’t happen.

> I don’t believe you. Pics or it didn’t happen.

It’s very old and I haven’t watched it in a while, so I don’t know if it actually shows it, but here.

How do you get better at anything? I find there’s no substitute for practice.

For what it’s worth, I improved a great deal by playing a boatload of Sniperfight in Halo Reach.

You are experiencing better luck with the DMR because it has so much aim-assist you don’t really need to aim the gun at all, just point in the general direction of enemies. The sniper has slightly less aim-assist, so its slightly harder to aim with.

Want to know how to get good extremely quickly? Buy a copy of Halo 3, find a buddy, octagon for 2-3 hours. Then play H3 team snipers for 1 week. Come back to H4 and laugh your -Yoink- off at what a joke aiming is comparatively. I know that sounds bad but mechanics don’t lie, and it will make you improve.

I have been playing snapshot, which takes away some of my opponent’s advantage and lets me live long enough to get some practice.

I have gotten a lot better (comparatively) since then.