sniper scope question

If anyone is able to confirm this, last time I checked the sniper rifle scope, I found something odd. In previous halo titles if you held down the zoom in button rather than pressing it, then the zoom would cancel when you let go.

Does this happen in halo 5? Last I played it didn’t and I wonder if it does now.

The zoom function has never changed at all. Just click down on the stick and you’ll zoom in. Click again and you’ll zoom in further.

It was generally always a toggle-to-zoom as with other scoped weapons

> 2535429593088083;2:
> The zoom function has never changed at all. Just click down on the stick and you’ll zoom in. Click again and you’ll zoom in further.

In the older games if you hold the zoom button it will zoom in, when you release said button it would de-zoom.

You also as you stated have the option to just click it and zoom in, which is the more widely known option.

If I had a vid I would show the difference. It’s small but I found it very useful.

> 2533274847563380;4:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > The zoom function has never changed at all. Just click down on the stick and you’ll zoom in. Click again and you’ll zoom in further.
>
> In the older games if you hold the zoom button it will zoom in, when you release said button it would de-zoom.

Holding down on the zoom seems really exhausting on your fingers, especially during a long match or if you’re on the impatient side.

> 2535429593088083;5:
> > 2533274847563380;4:
> > > 2535429593088083;2:
> > > The zoom function has never changed at all. Just click down on the stick and you’ll zoom in. Click again and you’ll zoom in further.
> >
> > In the older games if you hold the zoom button it will zoom in, when you release said button it would de-zoom.
>
> Holding down on the zoom seems really exhausting on your fingers, especially during a long match or if you’re on the impatient side.

Be that as it may, it was still an option (and really no different then crouching depending on your settings) But I’m not here to debate it’s necessity, I’m just curious if it’s in halo 5 now.

A simple solution is to swap weapons and it will cancel the zoom

> 2533274855740591;7:
> A simple solution is to swap weapons and it will cancel the zoom

The problem then lays with needing the sniper again, the seconds it would take to swap are shots missed.

But it’s necessity is based on whether it’s in the game or not.

It was a simple feature that actually was really useful in netting you more kills. The time it takes to descope or swap weapons sheds those vital moments in taking out your enemies. I hoped for a long while that 343 would patch it in to Halo 5.

Playing turbo and broke out a sniper rifle and no you can’t hold it and release to descope. Honestly I don’t ever remember it being that way. But it doesn’t take all that long to descope by pressing the zoom twice quickly in a row if you want to descope quickly after firing if you ask me.

it’s fine for me

There isn’t a specific setting for it, but it’s possible with some of the button layouts. I tested all of them and these are the ones that it is possible with.

• Default - Fishstick - Pashooter - Helljumper - GreenthumbLooks like its only possible on the layouts using LT for zoom and not the ones using the sticks.

> 2535429593088083;5:
> > 2533274847563380;4:
> > > 2535429593088083;2:
> > > The zoom function has never changed at all. Just click down on the stick and you’ll zoom in. Click again and you’ll zoom in further.
> >
> > In the older games if you hold the zoom button it will zoom in, when you release said button it would de-zoom.
>
> Holding down on the zoom seems really exhausting on your fingers, especially during a long match or if you’re on the impatient side.

Not if you have zoom on LT with the Helljumper controls :wink:

To OP. Its been like this in Halo 5 since launch.

> 2533274950162674;12:
> There isn’t a specific setting for it, but it’s possible with some of the button layouts. I tested all of them and these are the ones that it is possible with.
> - Default - Fishstick - Pashooter - Helljumper - GreenthumbLooks like its only possible on the layouts using LT for zoom and not the ones using the sticks.

Ahh… I’m a Recon noob.

> 2533275013832713;14:
> > 2533274950162674;12:
> > There isn’t a specific setting for it, but it’s possible with some of the button layouts. I tested all of them and these are the ones that it is possible with.
> > - Default - Fishstick - Pashooter - Helljumper - GreenthumbLooks like its only possible on the layouts using LT for zoom and not the ones using the sticks.
>
> Ahh… I’m a Recon noob.

Count me in.

Yeah it used to work on previous Halo titles that utilized the default for zoom being on the right stick. Still holding that Recon layout but doesn’t work on H5…not that I ever used it.

> 2533274847563380;1:
> If anyone is able to confirm this, last time I checked the sniper rifle scope, I found something odd. In previous halo titles if you held down the zoom in button rather than pressing it, then the zoom would cancel when you let go.
>
> Does this happen in halo 5? Last I played it didn’t and I wonder if it does now.

yeah I made a post about this a looonng time ago. It sadly doesnt work in Halo 5. Even though I dont have much multiplayer playtime on older Halo’s, but it was always fun to use it, especially if you’re clip hunting or something, because it made quickscopes much easier to do with the right stick.