Sniper rifle versus Vehicles Idea

I like how in Reach you can take down a vehicle with a sniper rifle. The problem is that you could kill a vehicle with just a few sniper shots. They should increase how many sniper bullets it takes to bring down a vehicle.
Examples:

Ghost: 3-4 shots
Mongoose: 2 shots
Banshee: 6-7 shots
Scorpion Tank: 12 shots
Wraith: 10 shots
Warthog: 5-7 shots

You can already kill Wraiths and Scorpions with 12 shots, and why would the Wraith be weaker?

> You can already kill Wraiths and Scorpions with 12 shots, and why would the Wraith be weaker?

The Wraith has always been weaker than the Scorpion. Currently it takes less than 12 shots to kill a Wraith or a Scorpion. I have picked up a sniper rifle many times with exactly 12 shots, and destroyed the Wraith or Scorpion when I still had sniper ammo left.

I hate the idea of the sniper destroying vehicles. I snipe enemies out of vehicles all the time, it shouldn’t be that hard for others to do it.

> > You can already kill Wraiths and Scorpions with 12 shots, and why would the Wraith be weaker?
>
> The Wraith has always been weaker than the Scorpion. Currently it takes less than 12 shots to kill a Wraith or a Scorpion. I have picked up a sniper rifle many times with exactly 12 shots, and destroyed the Wraith or Scorpion when I still had sniper ammo left.

If anything, the Wraith should be stronger than the Wraith, the Scorpion already dominates the Wraith, the Wraith has pretty much nothing over the Scorpion in terms of Combat capability.

Everything you proposed is still not acceptable, if every map that had vehicles had the right amount of vehicle counter specific weapons, then the Sniper doesn’t need to fulfil that role, however, if they’re isn’t enough vehicle counter specific weapons on the maps (Like Hemorrhage, there is practically no other adequate way of dealing with vehicles, although vehicles are made of paper in Reach), then the Sniper should do some decent damage against vehicles.

Preferably, I’d rather the sniper just be used to counter Infantry, and not vehicles, I hope the Sniper is also the weapon of Skill again, the Reach one is a lot easier to use.

> I hate the idea of the sniper destroying vehicles. I snipe enemies out of vehicles all the time, it shouldn’t be that hard for others to do it.

I hated it in Halo 3 when you had a sniper rifle and a banshee sees you. You were powerless, because the sniper wouldn’t do any damage to a banshee.

The one thing I would like to see, is being able to Snipe the driver through the Warthog windscreen.

The Halo sniper rifle is a .50 cal beast. It ought to hurt vehicles.

Yeah, exposed crewmen will always be the “weak spot”, but you should be able to eventually destroy vehicles with sniper rifles. This is one of the things that Reach definitely got right; going back and playing Halo 3 or ODST you realise how painfully weak the Sniper is against even light vehicles.

> > I hate the idea of the sniper destroying vehicles. I snipe enemies out of vehicles all the time, it shouldn’t be that hard for others to do it.
>
> I hated it in Halo 3 when you had a sniper rifle and a banshee sees you. You were powerless, because the sniper wouldn’t do any damage to a banshee.

it’s the price you pay for sniping in the open then

> The one thing I would like to see, is being able to Snipe the driver through the Warthog windscreen.

this

> > The one thing I would like to see, is being able to Snipe the driver through the Warthog windscreen.
>
> this

I like this, more skill required to snipe. You cant just run out in the middle of a field and expect to be safe in halo.

> > > The one thing I would like to see, is being able to Snipe the driver through the Warthog windscreen.
> >
> > this
>
> I like this, more skill required to snipe. You cant just run out in the middle of a field and expect to be safe in halo.

i want things that encourage tactical, and smart vehicular decisions

too many times do i have allied Warthogs driving straight into enemy tanks, and trying to go on a splatter spree instead of allowing the gunner to do the dirty work

also, what you are suggesting actually makes vehicles weaker than they already are

well…I was just watching “sniper bulletproof” and watching a guy stop a car dead in its tracks with a single shot puts things into perspective

God Please no I Hate how the Sniper Rifle can kill a Vehicle in Halo its not Rockets Nor Spartan Laser there’s other Weapons yes I Know Exm.BlueBerry Gun. But tune down the power a bit don’t bring back the Halo Reach Sniper Halo 3 Would be Awesome. If your a sniper you should not Snipe in the wide open you should be hidden some what well enough to not let a banshee or aircraft see you.