sniper rifle night vision

In the original graphics the rifle’s night vision actually helped me snipe, however in the HD remastered graphics it does not help at all and in fact obscures the vision. Are my brightness and contrast settings off or something? Or is this just something they overlooked?

It was useless for me in the past and still is now in remastered, although it does depend on your TVs contrast settings a lot.

> It was useless for me in the past and still is now in remastered.

Y U NO HAS MORE VISR (ODST)

The posters saying that it’s useless probably never used it.

The remastered graphics are too bright for the night vision to be of any use.

> It was useless for me in the past and still is now in remastered.

Same here. The game was never dark enough where you actually need to use it.

On my screen, it was too bright on either graphic settings but more noticable on the newer graphics.

Also OT: Has any noticed the oddity on Truth and Reconciliation? Sergeant Johnson is supposed to drop with you at the start of the level but you just get regular stock marines and all you here is his voice. Then Cortana speaks as though he’s on the ground but clearly isn’t nor is there any Sergeant type marines with you. Perhaps it’s different you switch everything (including music) to classic mode?

Because i swear he drops with you before you start taking out the shades at the of the level…at least in the original. It’s no big deal but it’s something that’s been bothering me.

It’s a combination of the overall brighter environments in Anniversary and the excessive use of HDR. The sniper rifle night vision effect itself is more or less the same.

> Because i swear he drops with you before you start taking out the shades at the of the level…at least in the original. It’s no big deal but it’s something that’s been bothering me.

Nope. You can get sarges later on in the level, but never at the beginning.

so is there any way to adjust the settings to make it more useful in the HD graphics? I swear it is still useful in the original graphics on my screen. As for Johnson I never noticed that, maybe he stays on the pelican?

> > It was useless for me in the past and still is now in remastered.
>
> Same here. The game was never dark enough where you actually need to use it.

I think the only time i used the night vision was on the Library because it seems to help to time the ledges faster for the Speed reader Achievement!

> so is there any way to adjust the settings to make it more useful in the HD graphics? I swear it is still useful in the original graphics on my screen.

You could try turning brightness and contrast down, but that would make the game look awful, and it would screw with the night vision as well.

And yeah, it’s definitely more useful in the original game, due to the greater amount of darkness and lack of HDR. It’s less necessary on some settings and displays than others, but under most decent-looking conditions it can at least make shooting more comfortable in some places.

> As for Johnson I never noticed that, maybe he stays on the pelican?

I wouldn’t think too hard about it, especially since Johnson isn’t really a particular character in Halo 1 in the strictest sense. His name is vestigial in Halo 1, existing only in the game files, and any particular appearances were canonized later.

And yeah, you can always argue that he’s on the pelican.

> I think the only time i used the night vision was on the Library because it seems to help to time the ledges faster for the Speed reader Achievement!

I somehow doubt that you used night vision on a level that doesn’t have a sniper rifle.