Sniper Reticule

So I had a rather radical idea today:

In Halo 4, remove the Sniper Rifle’s on screen reticule when the weapon is not scoped-in. The weapon will still shoot straight every time when not zoomed in but players will no longer receive aiming help when not zoomed in with the Sniper. For those that do manage to get a single headshot kill with the weapon, they will receive a “No-Scope” medal that counts separate from the regular “Sniper Headshot” medal.

In essence this has the effect are actually forcing people to “No Scope” someone, rather than Halo’s current (and past) “Slightly-less Effective Scope”. And just plain just making the kills more impressive. In addition it should help to curtail those…special teammates who believe the Sniper Rifle is nothing more than a Super Pistol.

Uh no, its hard enough to No-Scope somone as is, it doesnt need to be like Battlefield Snipers.

I don’t see this as to having a positive effect on the game.

> Uh no, its hard enough to No-Scope somone as is, it doesnt need to be like Battlefield Snipers.

Battlefield isn’t that bad with noscoping. There is a luck factor in it, though.

I don’t see the point. No scopes are far and few already. Getting rid of the not zoomed in scope does so even more.

> So I had a rather radical idea today:
>
> In Halo 4, remove the Sniper Rifle’s on screen reticule when the weapon is not scoped-in. The weapon will still shoot straight every time when not zoomed in but players will no longer receive aiming help when not zoomed in with the Sniper. For those that do manage to get a single headshot kill with the weapon, they will receive a “No-Scope” medal that counts separate from the regular “Sniper Headshot” medal.
>
> In essence this has the effect are actually forcing people to “No Scope” someone, rather than Halo’s current (and past) “Slightly-less Effective Scope”. And just plain just making the kills more impressive. In addition it should help to curtail those…special teammates who believe the Sniper Rifle is nothing more than a Super Pistol.

This is actually a good idea. The only problem I see is that I like to put my non-scoped reticle on a distant enemy before I scope in so I am looking at him and not 50 feet to his right. I guess that would just be another skill to master to effectively use the Sniper Rifle. It makes the Sniper Rifle a bit harder to use at long range and a lot harder to use at close range without adding random recoil.

I support this idea.

> Uh no, its hard enough to No-Scope somone as is, it doesnt need to be like Battlefield Snipers.

Its that way in pretty much every other shooter; the bullets always go straight (on the first trigger pull for semis) but there is either no reticule or the reticule when un-zoomed is too large to be of any help aiming.

It makes a lot of sense and keeps down the use of Snipers as “Super Pistols”.

> So I had a rather radical idea today:
>
> In Halo 4, remove the Sniper Rifle’s on screen reticule when the weapon is not scoped-in. The weapon will still shoot straight every time when not zoomed in but players will no longer receive aiming help when not zoomed in with the Sniper. For those that do manage to get a single headshot kill with the weapon, they will receive a “No-Scope” medal that counts separate from the regular “Sniper Headshot” medal.
>
> In essence this has the effect are actually forcing people to “No Scope” someone, rather than Halo’s current (and past) “Slightly-less Effective Scope”. And just plain just making the kills more impressive. In addition it should help to curtail those…special teammates who believe the Sniper Rifle is nothing more than a Super Pistol.

interesting idea. i like this, but i’d like to see an option to swing this both ways if this is implemented. t-up.

I don’t see much of a point to it. It’s already hard to no-scope. Halo’s sniper rifle is perfect, because with it’s small-as-hell reticle its near impossible to no-scope/quick scope like CoD.

> I don’t see this as to having a positive effect on the game.

> I don’t see much of a point to it. It’s already hard to no-scope. Halo’s sniper rifle is perfect, because with it’s small-as-hell reticle its near impossible to no-scope/quick scope like CoD.

No-scoping in CoD is still hard. Quick-scoping is just abusing the massive auto-aim and bullet magnetism that CoD has.

Its not “luck”; the bullet will go in one direction and only one direction from the barrel of the Sniper every time. You just won’t have a reticule to make it so easy to run around snapping off shots with it.

Sceen + Blu tack = Fail idea

I honestly would like to have a playlist (for fun) where there is no reticle whatsoever. You just gotta line your shots up in the middle of the screen. Of course, it would only work well with 0 Bloom.

> I don’t see this as to having a positive effect on the game.

colored tape on tv=fixed’

people shouldnt be trying to no scope with snipers. Unless your those people that enjoy playing team snipers on uncaged,

> colored tape on tv=fixed’

Good luck sniping normally then.

> > colored tape on tv=fixed’
>
> Good luck sniping normally then.

Perfect trace of reticle with permenant marker = fixed then.

> > > colored tape on tv=fixed’
> >
> > Good luck sniping normally then.
>
> Perfect trace of reticle with permenant marker = fixed then.

You’d ruin your TV just to be able to No-Scope better?

people are JOKING, dude. Sigh…
But seriously, why DO people no scope? Snipers should almost always be zoomed in when firing. Unless, as I said, you for some reason enjoy playing team snipers on uncaged.