Sniper Jackals

Sniper Jackals, the bane of Halo 2 Legendary completionsists and now LWZFF players.

In my honest opinion, I think the Sniper Jackal should be removed from WZFF full stop. It’s only a cheap death, they’re almost invisible in maps like Stormbreak, and they practically never miss. They should at the absolute least be much less frequent and at least miss way more often.

Your thoughts?

I think I developed some form of mental condition after all that time spent in Sniper Alley.
My thoughts are chaotic and often hard to distinguish.

Believe it or not, even in Heroic Firefight, they are more accurate than they were in Halo 2 Legendary. It does take two shots to kill you, but that barely helps. I agree, these things need to go.

Considering how easy the firefights are, I don’t see removing challenges as something that will make them more fun. Sure, the jackals are lethal and scary, but that’s what makes them fun.

> 2533274803493024;4:
> Considering how easy the firefights are, I don’t see removing challenges as something that will make them more fun. Sure, the jackals are lethal and scary, but that’s what makes them fun.

I don’t know. The ease of the firefights depends on the skill of your teammates, and as it stands I’m not having the best luck.

Even then though, the Sniper Jackals don’t add difficulty. They’re just an inconvenience. The difficulty should be in fighting the jackal, not getting killed by it, waiting twenty plus seconds and then just one-shotting it. It’s not really difficult to do that, it’s just annoying and tedious.

i think they are very OP

I make it a point to kill them first whenever they show up. If you don’t, you’re gonna have a bad time. Luckily, they’re easy to spot since they’ll have a glowing red spotlight on them if they’re carrying a Beam Rifle (or Carbine).

I think instead of removing sniper jackals, they should make Phantom guns destroyable. It may be debatable whether removing sniper jackals is something they should do, but either way, Warzone Firefight has plenty of problems that should have been fixed a long time ago.

I never liked Jackals. The ones with shields are very annoying to try and kill, but the ones with a sniper don’t bother me enough to want them removed.

They’re fine you just need to put snipe or sneak in close

I think the real issue is the stupid long respawn timer. The penalty for not spotting them wouldn’t be so bad if the timer didn’t eat up such a large percentage of the round.

I like them in FF though.

I wouldn’t mind so much if I didn’t have to wait 30 seconds to respawn only to be cross mapped by one of these -Yoinks!-, then being forced to wait another 30 seconds for the same spawn point.

Sniper jackals actually haven’t been a problem for me in WZFF, but in campaign it’s a different story. They have borderline-Halo 2 levels of aimbot on legendary, and it’s actually worse in 5 because instead of mercifully dying instantly, you have to either wait 10 seconds until the revival request option expires or request a revival from your teammates only to watch as they come over one-by-one and get instantly killed by the same jackal until you can eventually respawn.

> 2535463079166043;13:
> Sniper jackals actually haven’t been a problem for me in WZFF, but in campaign it’s a different story. They have borderline-Halo 2 levels of aimbot on legendary, and it’s actually worse in 5 because instead of mercifully dying instantly, you have to either wait 10 seconds until the revival request option expires or request a revival from your teammates only to watch as they come over one-by-one and get instantly killed by the same jackal until you can eventually respawn.

You should be glad that they don’t have the ability to wallbang - hitting someone through a wall or obstacle - or else you would’ve lost your mind.

> 2535429593088083;14:
> > 2535463079166043;13:
> > Sniper jackals actually haven’t been a problem for me in WZFF, but in campaign it’s a different story. They have borderline-Halo 2 levels of aimbot on legendary, and it’s actually worse in 5 because instead of mercifully dying instantly, you have to either wait 10 seconds until the revival request option expires or request a revival from your teammates only to watch as they come over one-by-one and get instantly killed by the same jackal until you can eventually respawn.
>
> You should be glad that they don’t have the ability to wallbang - hitting someone through a wall or obstacle - or else you would’ve lost your mind.

I tried one mission on legendary and already lost my mind about 10 times tbh

having the jackals is good. it adds diversity to the game-play.

> 2535465110211776;16:
> having the jackals is good. it adds diversity to the game-play.

I’m not sure that having a relatively near un-noticeable jackal with an ultra lethal weapon among at least 3 gods of nade spam (Elites) is a good way to add diversity. Maybe add some new Promethean grunt AI, at least that diversity will be fun to fight.