Sneak Peek at my guardian remake (overlimit)

Just wanted to show you all my latest remake. this time its guardian from halo 3, Im going to skip the whole oh its a perfect remake, argument, so i made it to specification of preexisting maps, but scenery that is missing from 9/10ths of other maps IS included. This is what sets mine apart from every other attempt posted. Like i said im not makeing A “Perfect recreation” But i made it look and feel like guardian at the same time, adding little things in to set a mood.

Screen: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/lordcrusnik1986/fileshare#?details=29085123

EVERY LOCATION IS IN all i have to do is finallize the map with spawns and weapons.

Why? Why overlimit maps? What will that add anything to the gameplay but screen lag? Why would you do that?

I don’t care if it’s overlimit it looks awesome!

> I don’t care if it’s overlimit it looks awesome!

That right there is why i do it because despite a few people that complain when there is a tiny bit of frame rate drop, There are many more that WANT to see maps that are not stale. People want Aesythetics after 2 years of the same old forge. For every one person that says “OH FRAME RATE WILL BE AWEFUL WONT DOWNLOAD” There are 30 more people that say “FINALLY SOMEONE ACTUALLY MADE A GUARDIAN REMAKE THAT “LOOKS” LIKE IT IS GUARDIAN, AND NOT A BUNCH of GREY BLOCKS ILL DOWNLOAD” This is Why i started forging this way, to give people ACTUAL maps, Not a bunch of blocks. And as long as i have a fan base…Im not going to stop delivering ACTUAL maps.
Speaking of which AZTEC GUARDIAN is out now so enjoy. :slight_smile:

> > I don’t care if it’s overlimit it looks awesome!
>
> That right there is why i do it because despite a few people that complain when there is a tiny bit of frame rate drop, There are many more that WANT to see maps that are not stale. People want Aesythetics after 2 years of the same old forge. For every one person that says “OH FRAME RATE WILL BE AWEFUL WONT DOWNLOAD” There are 30 more people that say “FINALLY SOMEONE ACTUALLY MADE A GUARDIAN REMAKE THAT “LOOKS” LIKE IT IS GUARDIAN, AND NOT A BUNCH of GREY BLOCKS ILL DOWNLOAD” This is Why i started forging this way, to give people ACTUAL maps, Not a bunch of blocks. And as long as i have a fan base…Im not going to stop delivering ACTUAL maps.
> Speaking of which AZTEC GUARDIAN is out now so enjoy. :slight_smile:

Last time I checked the point of remaking a map was so it could be PLAYED and ENJOYED like the original, not look exactly like it. People will forgive bland/mediocre aesthetics if the map plays the way it used to (if that’s what you’re going for). Frame rate issues will kill that and make your focus on aesthetics obsolete. I, and many others, download maps to play them, not to look at them.

From your perspective it may be, and i might add, if a small framerate issue is what keeps you from downloading…then i dont want you to download it, play or view it. The reason i made this map is i like to forge, if you dont want to play it…then i dont want you to either. Point is i made a map that i like, others like it…enough said…so now move on.

> From your perspective it may be, and i might add, if a small framerate issue is what keeps you from downloading…then i dont want you to download it, play or view it. The reason i made this map is i like to forge, if you dont want to play it…then i dont want you to either. Point is i made a map that i like, others like it…enough said…so now move on.

My problem with your post was that you seemed to overglorify your own map. Also, there are some DAMN GOOD maps that look like gray blocks, but they play awesomely, and that is what truely matters on a map. If the map plays terribly, people won’t like it no matter how good it looks.

so…you dont like me promoting my map then…you dont like me explaining things that i did and stating facts that ARE true…ok

> so…you dont like me promoting my map then…you dont like me explaining things that i did and stating facts that ARE true…ok

What facts did you state?

> Just wanted to show you all my latest remake. this time its guardian from halo 3, Im going to skip the whole oh its a perfect remake, argument, so i made it to specification of preexisting maps, but scenery that is missing from 9/10ths of other maps IS included. This is what sets mine apart from every other attempt posted. Like i said im not makeing A “Perfect recreation” But i made it look and feel like guardian at the same time, adding little things in to set a mood.
>
> EVERY LOCATION IS IN all i have to do is finallize the map with spawns and weapons.

Um In OP, But specifically

> but scenery that is missing from 9/10ths of other maps IS included…and Like i said im not makeing A “Perfect recreation”

so please if your not going to download then dont…but dont get pissed that im promoting a map that i made

I just realized in the picture you used way more rocks than are allowed in Forge. By chance is this a modded map?

In addition to framerate issues, modded content is going to push potential downloaders away.

No wonder your map has more aesthetics than previous remakes of Guardian (many of which play true to the original, as well as have similar aesthetics), because somehow you managed to mod or glitch the object limit. So basically you cheated to get a better looking map.

EDIT: And I don’t see any facts in that statement. 9/10ths seems like an inaccurate and uneducated estimate that you pulled out of your -Yoink- to make yourself look better.

It says OVERLIMIT in title…i never hid that next time read and view pic please

> It says OVERLIMIT in title…i never hid that next time read and view pic please

Yeah sorry about that, but you still have no facts in your original post, and you fail to understand that in the longevity of a map, gameplay and quality (quality forging and lack of issues, i.e. framerate) rule over aesthetics. Not to mention playing on a modded map is a turnoff to many people.

Was this map even tested?

Its fine, but im not looking to reach those who dont want to play on them, im not looking for glory, im not looking for matchmaking, im not looking for people that are going to be Nitpicky or ruin my dream, and im not looking to be the best, i tryed along time ago to do just that once i stopped caring what other people think i started to enjoy forging, i do it because i love to.