Snapshots FTW

I also posted this on the War Games Feedback section, but I’d like to hear other’s feed back; here’s mine.

Snapshots FTW

So, I don’t play Team Snipers that much. I sat down today and noticed my low CSR, so I thought “why not?”.

The game type selected was, as the title suggests, Snapshots FTW.

A cool, if not awesome, concept, but that’s where the fun ends.

1. Why can we melee? I’ve never liked people who run out of bullets and then try to melee you to finish; it’s Snipers, reload and take me out.

2. Why is the option to aim down scope even present?! If no team score can be obtained through ADS kills, then just take it out, it can’t be too hard to do that.

3. The Beam Rifle? Really? I’m not too great with Snipers, but…

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Wolfi%20Kurisu/home/match-79c4ee06d64d0ac8

I did pretty well that game. I understand a lot of people prefer the Beam Rifle, so it would be wrong to just exclude it, but the only time I found myself using the Sniper Rifle was when I was in a close fight and just burned out my Beam Rifle.

1. About 5 or so kills into the game, it became apparent that I could,if I wanted to, raise my K/D through the roof. I have 2 Sniper weapons for the whole game, and since my CSR’s low, my opponents aren’t too good. I could’ve ADS the whole game, and bagged myself a fairly easy 50-7/8 K/D. Once again, take the ADS option out!

I !STRESS! the second point I made. It’s evident from this game, and feedback I got back from my friends in party chat, that some people honestly do not understand the rules of the game. Some people will just know that it’s a Sniper’s variant, and go for the long range approach.

On a separate note, one of the players in the game entered when the score was 380-330. Please, ranked playlists, which are most of them, should not allow JIP to this level. Said player also only started playing at the very end of the game, and was not punished for standing still for over a minute.

The concept for this variant is pretty cool, but it needs a lot of work, which should’ve been done before it was released.

> 3. The Beam Rifle? Really? I’m not too great with Snipers, but…

Yeah, I actually posted in the feedback thread that, because of the noncompetitiveness of the Beam Rifle, this gametype would probably be more appropriate in Action Sack rather than Team Snipers.

> I !STRESS! the second point I made. It’s evident from this game, and feedback I got back from my friends in party chat, that some people honestly do not understand the rules of the game. Some people will just know that it’s a Sniper’s variant, and go for the long range approach.

I don’t have too much sympathy for those people because the gametype’s name is “snapshots” and players should be able to tell something’s wrong when they get five kills and the score stays the same. It also gives the rules explicitly at the beginning of the match before the game start countdown.

I will definitely agree that the rules should be more clearly defined and perhaps scoping should be disabled (although I don’t think that’s possible in the gametype settings), but I don’t have any sympathy for players who’ve played the game five or more times and still don’t get it. To me, that’s just laziness.

> I don’t have too much sympathy for those people

They’re my teammates, so have sympathy for me :3