smoke Grenades?

Ok, i know what you’re all thinking: “this isn’t COD” but i think that if done right smoke grenades could work very well in the Halo Universe.

Think of it this way:

1. They are normal grenade pickups, only certain games types would let you spawn with them.
  2. They do NO DAMAGE to the player.
  3. They obscure the player’s view for 4 seconds (not completely, but enough so nothing is clear for that time).
  4. They temporarily disable the radar of the person within the smoke.
  5. everything else is normal, normal speed, normal movements, normal jumping.

It could finally be an effective way to combat campers, think if one was on Reach, it would be so much easier to clear of the 3 campers in the lift room on Sword Base.

who agrees?

So, it obscures your radar as well if you are the one who throws it?

> So, it obscures your radar as well if you are the one who throws it?

Then you suck at throwing smoke grenades.

How exactly does smoke disable a heat sensor? And can’t you simply walk OUT of the smoke?

> > So, it obscures your radar as well if you are the one who throws it?
>
> Then you suck at throwing smoke grenades.

Aren’t smokes tactically approached by going through them sometimes? You can’t kill a camper that you can’t see yourself because you threw a smoke at him.

Throw a smoke in sword base lift and you have 3 guys that aren’t being fooled in there. Usually you have to clear that room out yourself with your own eyes being intact.

Won’t our reticule still turn red if we hover it over an enemy?

> > > So, it obscures your radar as well if you are the one who throws it?
> >
> > Then you suck at throwing smoke grenades.
>
> Aren’t smokes tactically approached by going through them sometimes? You can’t kill a camper that you can’t see yourself because you threw a smoke at him.
>
> Throw a smoke in sword base lift and you have 3 guys that aren’t being fooled in there. Usually you have clear that room out.yourself with your own eyes being intact.

I see what you mean…

Frag
Plasma
Gravity
EMP

^All the grenades we need.

> Frag
> Plasma
> Gravity
> EMP
>
> ^All the grenades we need.

What’s a gravity grenade? I think the spike and flame grenades should return.

Umm we aren’t playing cod this is halo keep the game play the same as every halo game.oh and by every halo game i mean CE H2 H3 no lulreach.

> How exactly does smoke disable a heat sensor? And can’t you simply walk OUT of the smoke?

I would imagine a Spartan would use a smoke grenade similiar in design to an Astartes blind grenade http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Blind_grenades

You’re a Spartan. Highly advanced sheilding and armor systems, enhanced vision, and a high tech motion tracker. You don’t need smoke to clear a room, you just need a gun.

Whats the point of smoking out the room with the campers? Sure, they can’t see you, but you can’t see them either. They’ll be covered in smoke and your radar will be messed up if close enough. If you are far enough away that your motion tracker isn’t messed with, then the campers will just not move so you still don’t know where they really are. Then, the smoke clears, and they kill you because the smoke never gave you a chance to kill them. Even if you shoot blindly into the smoke, I doubt you’d be able to kill them anyway.

I think what you’re looking for is a flash grenade not a smoke grenade, but hey, I’d like to see them both in Halo 4 . Poppin’ smoke always makes for good cover and a flash could blind some enemies.

I would prefer some sort of general “tactical” grenade that combines elements of smoke, flashbang and concussion grenades.

> > Frag
> > Plasma
> > Gravity
> > EMP
> >
> > ^All the grenades we need.
>
> What’s a gravity grenade? I think the spike and flame grenades should return.

Spike and Flame are pointless Plasma clones.

A Gravity Grenade pushes away anybody within radius when it goes off.

how about a cryo grenade? this thread made me think of it just now so i dont know how i think it would work exactly but i guess its something different and yet it still sorta fits, looking at the cryo bomb from halo wars

> Umm we aren’t playing cod this is halo keep the game play the same as every halo game.oh and by every halo game i mean CE H2 H3 no lulreach.

I love these kind of comments.

Makes me hope Halo is turned into a fast paced, highly customizable, weapon attachment, under barrel noobtube, killstreak game just so I can see these forums blow up.

Aww man, the forums would be epic because of the crying -Yoinks!-.

The grenade I want most is the fire grenade from Halo 3. It was awesome. The smoke grenade sounds kind of cool too.

Well I actually think this would be a better replacement for the flash bomb equipment from H3.

I’m sorry to say this, but it does seem a little too “CoD-like”.

If a=some sort of “smoke” grenade were to be included in Halo 4, it would probably cause an intense amount of frustration, not to mention it’s sort of a cheap weapon. 4 seconds is a long time when you’re in a battle with someone, it’s nearly a free kill. It would essentially become a power weapon, as well as put player’s at a horrible disadvantage if used on.

Also, regular frag grenades cause smoke to form upon explosion, which lasts for roughly 2 seconds. I’d say just bring back the Flare from Halo 3.