SMOKE GRENADES

I was thinking and came up with this idea: 343 should add smoke bombs into Halo 5!

If so, add them into warzone as an armour mod and you only spawn in with one. If not, add them into halo 6 as a spin-off grenade such as the fire grenade from halo 3!
Who else really wants to use a smoke grenade in halo???

WZA will just become a huge cloud of smoke then if the nade spam of smoke bombs is the same as the frag spam that is currently WZA

Nooooo the fog is too much already.

Jokes aside (somewhat) if the grenade can fit into h5 competitive feel then sure. If not then h6 or a spin off will be fine. However I would find this 100% useless vs the flood and enemies who have radar. The smoke grenade could be useful against snipers but the fog is hard already.

Do you see everyone always using splinter grenades? Maybe now because its common and its the grenade that does the most damage, so a smoke grenade would be a side grenade, not a poison grenade… do you get what I am saying? You will only have one, it will probably fuse smoke for like 10 seconds, and not everyone will be using it because 1, people probably aren’t ALWAYS going to use it, and two because it will take a while to unlock it.

> 2533275050532363;1:
> I was thinking and came up with this idea: 343 should add smoke bombs into Halo 5!
>
> If so, add them into warzone as an armour mod and you only spawn in with one. If not, add them into halo 6 as a spin-off grenade such as the fire grenade from halo 3!
> Who else really wants to use a smoke grenade in halo???

How about radar blocking grenades instead?

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533275050532363;1:
> > I was thinking and came up with this idea: 343 should add smoke bombs into Halo 5!
> >
> > If so, add them into warzone as an armour mod and you only spawn in with one. If not, add them into halo 6 as a spin-off grenade such as the fire grenade from halo 3!
> > Who else really wants to use a smoke grenade in halo???
>
>
> How about radar blocking grenades instead?

maybe that could be a feature of the smoke grenade :smiley:

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533275050532363;1:
> > I was thinking and came up with this idea: 343 should add smoke bombs into Halo 5!
> >
> > If so, add them into warzone as an armour mod and you only spawn in with one. If not, add them into halo 6 as a spin-off grenade such as the fire grenade from halo 3!
>
>

Both? Where it would block vision and keep you off radar regardless of what team used it and what team is in it making it harder to use.

Everyday I see a post that wants halo to be more like COD

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533275050532363;1:
> >
>
>

Like the jammers in H3? Out of the 2 I think i’d rather have a smoke grenade, would be a great way to alter how people play as they wouldn’t be so keen to go into a room or more keen to rush a base.

But if they brought back Promethean Vision with a Smoke Grenade (as a separate feature) you could get some interesting situations.

> 2533274891097288;8:
> Everyday I see a post that wants halo to be more like COD

thats why this idea might be on the edge. I dont want it to be a COD version of the smoke bomb.

Think back on the spin-off grenade from halo 3, I want a Halo version of a smoke grenade. Not a COD version.

Please don’t be someone that doesn’t want Halo to change. Thats why a proposed it to be a Halo 6 thing :smiley:

Halo 3(bungie’s third) spin off grenade = Halo 6(343’s third) spin off grenade

I think it’d be nice addition to Warzone. Definitely help when pinned down in your home base. Throw a couple smoke nades and spawn camo :wink:

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533275050532363;1:
> >
>
>

As if the motion tracker in H5 wasn’t already useless enough.

> 2535437652903765;13:
> > 2533274880633045;5:
> > > 2533275050532363;1:
> > > I was thinking and came up with this idea: 343 should add smoke bombs into Halo 5!
> > >
> > > If so, add them into warzone as an armour mod and you only spawn in with one. If not, add them into halo 6 as a spin-off grenade such as the fire grenade from halo 3!
> > > Who else really wants to use a smoke grenade in halo???
> >
> >
> > How about radar blocking grenades instead?
>
>
> As if the motion tracker in H5 wasn’t already useless enough.

True but it would have a similar effect and be less game breaking.

One of the biggest problems with some BTB maps is lack of cover that severely restricts movement. So much space, but no one dares to venture out into it because they know they’ll get gunned down by someone waiting in a base or something. For instance, the rocket launcher and railgun spawn in the most open places on Deadlock. Yet they’ll be left untouched for the longest time because it’s too risky to retrieve them.

But if smoke grenades were added to conceal yourself from sight, or trick the enemy into thinking you’re hiding in the smoke, it would make maps like Deadlock feel a lot less restrictive. I like this idea.

Not a bad idea but I can already see how that would go already. I can see 2 players getting on a gun-goose together, and the guy on the passenger seat has smoke grenades equipped, and is just spamming the throw grenade button 24/7.

> 2533274891097288;8:
> Everyday I see a post that wants halo to be more like COD

I didn’t know that smoke grenades was only a COD thing.

> 2533274978553590;15:
> One of the biggest problems with some BTB maps is lack of cover that severely restricts movement. So much space, but no one dares to venture out into it because they know they’ll get gunned down by someone waiting in a base or something. For instance, the rocket launcher and railgun spawn in the most open places on Deadlock. Yet they’ll be left untouched for the longest time because it’s too risky to retrieve them.
>
> But if smoke grenades were added to conceal yourself from sight, or trick the enemy into thinking you’re hiding in the smoke, it would make maps like Deadlock feel a lot less restrictive. I like this idea.

Yeah, that’s the reason battle of Noctus sometimes is crap. Because it’s just one big open circle! I’d like it if they actually made an urban map, with buildings and such.

But yeah that’s what im saying.

> 2533274791978557;12:
> I think it’d be nice addition to Warzone. Definitely help when pinned down in your home base. Throw a couple smoke nades and spawn camo :wink:

Throw a smoke in the middle of and open area, have a fun, sneaky, offensive approach. Or throw one in an armory or whatever and boom u got the same similarity as shooting a rocket launcher in there besides its not deadly. :smiley:

smoke for Warzone would be cool

Smoke grenades might not work anymore with the lore since Spartan helmets could have VISR mode