Smg is dead

So far there have been a few people who have been wanting(hoping) the smg to return. Unfortunately this is unlikely if not down right impossible. Im sorry to say it but the smg is dead and unlikely to ever return. There are a few reasons why this is for people who don’t know why it’s dead.

1)it’s purposeless: because we have the AR, the function of the smg being exactly the same, adding the smg just isn’t necessary. Having two weapons that perform essentially the same function on the same side just doesn’t make sense in any way. If the smg was on a different side it would be a different story.

2)dual wielding is gone: the smg was primarily used as a dual wielding weapon in both halo 2 and 3. Dual wielding is what made the weapon somewhat fun, without it the weapon single would feel weak and powerless vs weapons like AR, mag, PP, storm rifle etc(atleast in my opinion anyway).

The way I see it, the only way that the smg could possible return is if some day(how ever unlikely it is) dual wielding makes a comeback. But don’t worry smg lovers, the smg might still make one last herah. If there is a halo 2 anniversary(not really if, more like when) the smg will return and decide if it will come back in halo 5/6.

The Smg can be a secondary weapon and can be more effective close range, that right there can give it purpose.

SMG is one of the most worthless guns in the series. I don’t really care much for it.

> The Smg can be a secondary weapon and can be more effective close range, that right there can give it purpose.

That pretty much sums up the halo 4 AR though. Its really a finisher weapon and a close quarters weapon. That’s what the mlg pros seemed to think.

Bring back the Surpressed SMG as a secondary, that way it’s available, and has an excuse to suddenly appear weaker than the AR.

Im more upset about the death of the spike and fire grenades… more for the fire considering I was going to create a custom loadout with them so I could experience them online for the first time… seriously why do some things never make it into matchmaking ?

The SMG is still in the game
but from this pic it looks like a Promethean version
http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/07/all-10-new-halo-4-weapons-discovered-or.html

> The SMG is still in the game
> but from this pic it looks like a Promethean version
> http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/07/all-10-new-halo-4-weapons-discovered-or.html

SICK ! I shall call it Sparky !

While it doesn’t look likely that the SMG will return in Halo 4, I could easily see it return in Halo 5, 6.

I could see the SMG as a secondary with a 48rd magazine with an integrated suppressor and reflex however no scope. It would mean making a choice for some players between a weaker Auto weapon and freeing up a tactical package or or picking Firepower and bringing a more effective auto weapon to the table.

Not to mention it would also likely be flag capable like the magnum and plasma Pistol.

Giving it an integrated suppressor would also give AI ODSTs something unique to spawn with as well being appropriate to start with on a level like Truth and Reconciliation. Stealth doesn’t play a huge role in Halo usually but a suppressor would give an SMG a unique feel compared to the AR and other close range weapons.

So what you’re saying is that the Carbine should be removed from Halo 4 along with the Strom Rifle, Promeathean Scatter Shot, the DMR, and the Plasma Pistol.

> So what you’re saying is that the Carbine should be removed from Halo 4 along with the Strom Rifle, Promeathean Scatter Shot, the DMR, and the Plasma Pistol.

I didn’t say that at all. All the weapons here do perform similar roles, but they on a different side. Having a weapon that performs a similar role on another side is fine, but since the AR and smg are both unsc weapons, it doesn’t make sense to have two almost identical weapons on the same side.

Wait, dual-wielding is out AGAIN? If it is, I’m going to be VERY upset.

Hmm I remember seeing a threat an awefully lot like this a few years back titled “Why the BR is dead”, we see how that worked out. just making an observation

Looks like an SMG to me.

Got it from this thread.

> Wait, dual-wielding is out AGAIN? If it is, I’m going to be VERY upset.

It’s been confirmed out months ago. It couldn’t be balanced so they didnt add it(they did want to).

> Wait, dual-wielding is out AGAIN? If it is, I’m going to be VERY upset.

It is out, please use the stickied threads at the top of the Halo 4 forums for information about Halo 4.

> Looks like an SMG to me.
>
>
> Got it from this thread.

It is forerunner weapon upon close observation, not a human smg.

> > Looks like an SMG to me.
> >
> >
> > Got it from this thread.
>
> It is forerunner weapon upon close observation, not a human smg.

Looks to perform likes an SMG though, never commented on whether or not it is of human origin.

> > > Looks like an SMG to me.
> > >
> > >
> > > Got it from this thread.
> >
> > It is forerunner weapon upon close observation, not a human smg.
>
> Looks to perform likes an SMG though, never commented on whether or not it is of human origin.

That’s what this thread is about. We are talking about the return of the unsc smg, not a forerunner smg. Although that weapon could also be the forerunner equivalent of a hand gun(taking into account how large the promethean knight is it would make sense).

> It’s been confirmed out months ago. It couldn’t be balanced so they didnt add it(they did want to).

OK, I never saw a problem with it in Halo 2/3 but whatever.

All I can say is, the weapons in 4 better be fan-freaking-tastic because TBH, I’m tired of Reach’s much fewer offensive options now compared to 3.

That sounded much harsher than I wanted it to be but I really was somewhat disappointed with Reach compared to 3 in terms of weapons as I have already stated before and I was really hoping 343 saw the light too. C’mon 343, just make it FUN.