SMG for secondary?

My theory.

I believe that the SMG is nearly certain to return to Halo.
Mainly due to the fact that we have custom classes now.
And there would be no point in custom classes if there wasn’t much choice.

So far, all we know that could be used as Secondary weapons is the Magnum and PP.
That’s not enough choice IMO, and I’m not sure we’ll be allowed to choose the PP either.
Because if we could, we’d be spawning with the ability to disable a tank. Overpowered…
Anyways, this leaves only the Magnum, DEFINITELY not enough choice. Infact, there’s no choice.
So there needs to be some more choices for the secondary.

And here’s how I think they’ll do it.
What I believe they’ll do is lower the SMG’s damage, and leave the rest alone.
This way, it’ll be weak enough to be used as a secondary weapon choice.

I believe they’ll also use the Spiker as a secondary weapon.
And they could leave it alone, it’s only good when dual-wielded, so alone, it’s weak.

AAAAAND, I think they might set the Sentinal Beam as a secondary weapon too!
And I’d say it’s weak enough as is in Halo 3 to use it without changing it.

In H4, there will be Spartan Points, with these points, you’ll be able to buy new weapons for your custom classes, similar to Blops.

And certain weapons cost more than others I suppose. Here’s my guess of the order of price.
The Magnum is not on the list because you will likely begin automatically having it unlocked.

Spiker :: The lowest priced secondary weapon.
Sentinal Beam :: More than Spiker, less than SMG.
SMG :: The most expensive secondary weapon.

All of these ideas are based on a hunch. But 343’s proving quite unpredictable.
Hope I maybe sparked some imagination in you guys.

This seems like a great idea! I miss the SMG so much, I hope it’s in Halo 4.

The SMG probably won’t be in Halo 4, since dual wielding is out. And sentinel beam as secondary weapon? lolno

> The SMG probably won’t be in Halo 4, since dual wielding is out. And sentinel beam as secondary weapon? lolno

Yes, you’re right, there is no dual-wielding.
And that’s exactly what makes me think the SMG will be a secondary.
And same ties for the Spiker.
Because when dual-wielded, these were effective weapons.
But alone, they’re not as powerful as most weapons.
So, it fits as a secondary.

And the Sentinal Beam would also makes sense.
Remember that there is still the possibility of Forerunner weapons being involved in Halo 4.
And if there are Forerunner “primary” weapons, there is likely to be secondaries as well.
And the Sentinal Beam is a relatively weak weapon, and would not be over-powering to have set as a secondary.
Keep an open mind, even in doubt.

If the SMG does return, it would be nice to have it as a secondary weapon option due to its size. However, that shouldn’t mean that it isn’t weaker. Having it as a close range option for those using a BR or DMR would be really great.

Either way, I love the SMG and want to see it in Halo 4.

Keep in mind the loadouts we saw weren’t really custom loadouts. They were pre-set loadouts in the gametype. Which means ANY weapon could have been used as primary or secondary.

My theory is that 343i isn’t stupid enough to let you choose a Plasma Pistol as a secondary weapon, or an AR as a primary (vs BR/DMR).

I all but guarantee that what we will see is not a “Rifle/Sidearm” layout, but a “Utility/Automatic” layout.

Primary giving choices such as the BR, DMR, Carbine, Magnum, NR etc.
Secondary giving choices such as the AR, PR, Spiker, SMG, Repeater etc.

If they don’t do it this way they are making a colossal mistake, in allowing TOO MUCH variety. Heck, choosing your own Grenade and Armor Ability is already ridiculous.

Heck it has been 4 years since battle of installation 00. I’m pretty sure UNSC didn’t discard all their SMGs in the meantime. Unlike all the battle rifles from Halo 2 that got sucked into the slipspace rupture when Halo 3 ODST began.

I hope they at least have the OPTION of using it. I always loved that little guy. So many bullets, so little time.

> Spiker :: The lowest priced secondary weapon.
> Sentinal Beam :: More than Spiker, less than SMG.
> SMG :: The most expensive secondary weapon.

The more expensive the weapon, the more implied that it holds advantage over the others. This is what a lot of people are whining about; unequal starts. All weapons should be at the SAME price.

But yes, SMG come back please!

I used that thing in place of an Assault Rifle in Halo 3, all the time. Even without dual-wielding, I loved the CRAP out of the SMG. Getting the option to pair it with other weapons was just a bonus.

If the SMG were to come back, even without dual-wielding, I’d probably be arrested for trying to break into 343i’s studio for trying to give hugs to everyone. Hopefully, I’m only joking.

It would be great if SMGs came back.

> > Spiker :: The lowest priced secondary weapon.
> > Sentinal Beam :: More than Spiker, less than SMG.
> > SMG :: The most expensive secondary weapon.
>
> The more expensive the weapon, the more implied that it holds advantage over the others. This is what a lot of people are whining about; unequal starts. All weapons should be at the SAME price.
>
> But yes, SMG come back please!

> Heck it has been 4 years since battle of installation 00. I’m pretty sure UNSC didn’t discard all their SMGs in the meantime. Unlike all the battle rifles from Halo 2 that got sucked into the slipspace rupture when Halo 3 ODST began.

Hey hey hey, there was a BR in a single cinematic in ODST! You can’t forget the lone survivor of the BRs, the strongest willed of the BR55s that did not get sucked into slipspace.

Assault Carbine (confirmed in game) = MA5K = Smallish automatic weapon = SMG

I hope it comes back, one of my favorite close-quarters weapons.

I hope the silenced SMG and ODST pistol are in Halo 4.

yah its most likely coming back in some way, shape, or form.

bring back the ODST smg. but nerf the dammage and disable the scope! that would be GREAT

> bring back the ODST smg. but nerf the dammage and disable the scope! that would be GREAT

Wouldnt the be the SMG…?

I really like the idea, but you have to remember that the purpose of infinty multiplayer is for spartan vr training. I could see those ideas thrown in customs or something but not matchmaking. Most times soldiers train with equipment ideal for certain situations and equipment that is readily available. Just my $.02.