SMG and the lack of CQC

Am I the only one who misses duel-wielding SMG’s?

My favorite guns were the SMG back In Halo 2 & 3, I enjoyed duel-wielding a lot, even though it was a bit weaker at times.

This also rolls into my point of the lack of of up close combat. If people always choose to have their riffles, and most of the gameplay is mid-long range combat what really is the point of the closer ranged weapons? If i ever pick up the sword I get my butt handed to me because I can never get close enough to use it, plus with the lack of lunged melee I hardly use that as well because it would be a pointless endeavor. Not to mention the maps have nothing suited for close range; Haven, Adrift, and Abandon could be used, but they are still set up that it would easily be more ideal to stay back and shoot across the map because of the open spaces set for it.

My play style was that of CQC and I can not accomplish that in Halo 4 without being a camper because otherwise I just get the 5 shot to the face.

I love Halo 4, I enjoy playing it, but it’s just not the same because I can’t play my style without going back on what I would never want to become.

Why were the smg’s removed anyways?

Assault rifle seems very powerful. I have got my butt handed to me quite a few times at close range and sometimes even mid range. Im a br user btw.

Abuse the Bolshot. It caters to needs of CQC battlers like you’re self. The Automatics are also god tier this time around and it’s not that hard to get in close (though if you are BTB player, then why the hell are you not using DMR/LR?)

Not sure what 343 was smoking when implementing Complex. It’s not even unorthodox for a 4 v 4 map because it traditional arena style maps do NOT have vehicles. Complex has a Ghost and a Mongoose; should just add the Hog and add to BTB because that map seems to leaning towards vehicle play anyways. Pretty it’s not a map that caters to your close quarters playstyle right?

> Why were the smg’s removed anyways?

This was covered a long time ago (Gameinformer interview video series) and the reason why it was removed because the loadout system just didn’t mesh with what 343 was going for in Halo 4’s MP. Spawning with a dual weldable weapon just didn’t translate into balance play with the loadouts.

I think there was a render of a Halo 4 SMG in the Halo 4 art book or something. That’s what i heard so at least they tested dual wielding before axing it. Maybe next time folks?

the difference betwee “duel” and “dual” is fairly substantial, especially in reference to holding objects. granted we all know what you mean.

OT; i hated dual-wielding, it seemed useless to me, maybe thats because i favor ranged combat over close quarters. dual-wielding isnt missed here, neither is the SMG, the AR and SAW are so much better.

Yeah, if the SMG was a secondary or even a weak primary I’d still have a class for it. Easily one of my favorite weapons that’s ever been in Halo. I wouldn’t even care if it was the ODST variant, but for the purpose of uniqueness and from a gameplay perspective it would make the most sense to include that version.

Now I’m bummed because it won’t happen.

> the difference betwee “duel” and “dual” is fairly substantial, especially in reference to holding objects. granted we all know what you mean.

Thanks for the correction, I always over look some kind of mistake.

I understand why they took it out, and how there is potential for more CQC, but the fact is that it isn’t favored at all which makes it more difficult. I wouldn’t mind the silenced single SMG either, it would work with the invisibility.

> Am I the only one who misses duel-wielding SMG’s?

I want to say yes. Mainly because I remember all of the cries of people who hated spawning with the SMG back in Halo 2

There is not a lack of close quarters weapons its the ability to spawn with long range weapons that kills the CQC.

I feel your pain.

Considering 343 completely abandoned the entire design aspect of placing all types of weapons across maps, no dual-wielding makes sense. Sad, but true.

> > Am I the only one who misses duel-wielding SMG’s?
>
> I want to say yes. Mainly because I remember all of the cries of people who hated spawning with the SMG back in Halo 2

The reason it was taken out, along with dual wielding after Halo 2 was the number of people screaming that it unfair. With two SMG’s you could keep up a steady stream of lead from first trigger pull till you ran out of shells by alternating fire and reloading.

In close quarters it was almost as lethal as a shotgun and didn’t take nearly the accuracy to use.

So after Halo 2 dual wielding went the way of the doo doo to pacify the match making players.

The last appearance of the SMG was in ODST, but once again people that played matchmaking games complained because it was a silenced version and they couldn’t seem to grasp that when your health and shields are dropping, your being shot even if you can’t hear gunfire.

I wish SMG was a secondary weapon. I mean I have an AR load out already, but I think BR/SMG would be brilliant and I don’t want to use the Firepower tactical package to get BR/AR.

Hopefully if it is true that armor can be added via DLC that weapons can as well.

?

I miss the SMG too. :frowning:

I do not. I only used the smg when i had to. I normaly use the br or the dmr though. Straight to the brain.

I’m disappointed that there hasn’t been any dual wielding since Halo 3. I’m also disappointed in the lack of weapons since halo 3, but that’s a different story.

CQC is fine in this game though, just there aren’t many maps suited for it. I recommend Solace.

> the way of the doo doo

I’m lol’ing hard.

It’s “Dodo”.

Need more in your face maps